The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I think Universal will refurb the Hulk:

• Total voters
Hmmm... money must be tighter than hell right now. You are suggesting that they might not paint it for some time! Is it traffic or money or both re: WW? And why were the lifts in there a month or so ago? That is not an everyday occurrence or maintenance procedure. The back room deals here must be harsh. Was it just a rumor that everything must be ship shape in the entire park per the WW contract? Or was it a falsehood and they only wanted to put there best foot forward. Kind of like WDW is doing now.
:happy: I agree 100% :rep:

Here's the Hulk as of yesterday:

hulkzl.jpg

Was it just a rumor that everything must be ship shape in the entire park per the WW contract? Or was it a falsehood and they only wanted to put there best foot forward. Kind of like WDW is doing now.

Rumor. Just trying to get everything looking good so there would be no reason they would swoop in. UO is hitting on area at a time. Marvel was first, then Toon, Curious George has been completely redone...it's just in the air. The lifts were there for an ongoing project to replace portions of the track. It's an amazing process, but ordered by the MFG.

Rumor. Just trying to get everything looking good so there would be no reason they would swoop in. UO is hitting on area at a time. Marvel was first, then Toon, Curious George has been completely redone...it's just in the air. The lifts were there for an ongoing project to replace portions of the track. It's an amazing process, but ordered by the MFG.

Have they already replaced portions of track or are they just prepping it? And if already done which section was replaced?

Have they already replaced portions of track or are they just prepping it? And if already done which section was replaced?

None of hulks track has ever gotten replaced and I doubt it will ever be becuase universal will never shut hulk down in a millon years and they will never repaint hulk there just to cheap and are so worried about down time.

None of hulks track has ever gotten replaced and I doubt it will ever be becuase universal will never shut hulk down in a millon years and they will never repaint hulk there just to cheap and are so worried about down time.

Calm down man... I'm sure before the end of the year (after getting plenty of complaints). They will fix the rust problem and everyone will be happy. If they don't, well.... :mad: 3x over.

By "replace portions of" do you mean entire sections at a time... meaning both the green body and rails. That would imply that at any given time pieces are remanufactured on need be basis. Interesting. Do you know what section(s) were replaced in this last session? Wild that no TM's have noticed these pieces back stage or have just not thought to mention it. Thank you for this insight.

I doubt any pieces have been replaced because it would have been noticed by the general public. I doubt they would install new track pre-rusted :lol:

From what was known those lifts were there just to do general maintenance, check that all bolts are tight and in place, nothing TOO rusted to bring everything down. They drained the water from that area to make sure the foundation is still solid. Basic maintenance TLC.

But this needs a major cleaning and fast, because they obviously cleaned DD hence why the red and blue tracks look brighter and cleaner. Now they need the Hulk.

I doubt any pieces have been replaced because it would have been noticed by the general public. I doubt they would install new track pre-rusted :lol:

I trust that sytyk knows what he is talking about. If I recall, areas that have severely high stress levels are what would be replaced such as the launch loop. See the example below as an example of a high stress area that may have recently (per the photograph) been replaced. We are talking plate to plate.

Hulk.jpg

^Can't see the pic here at work. But I'm sure in the launch tube they would have fixed stuff and it would have been less noticeable.

Last edited:
^Can't see the pic here at work. But I'm sure in the launch tube they would have fixed stuff and it would have been less noticeable.

He's talking about the secound loop having re-placed metel tubing to help the stress points on that loop. And on the launch, Universal would have fixed the problem (if their were any). :shrug:

He's talking about the secound loop having re-placed metel tubing to help the stress points on that loop. And on the launch, Universal would have fixed the problem (if their were any). :shrug:

Well, actually, I meant the whole green section... once that is bolted in place, the rails on this new green section would need to be rewelded together and then buffed smooth. But that is merely a guess as to what sytyk was getting at.

I trust that sytyk knows what he is talking about. If I recall, areas that have severely high stress levels are what would be replaced such as the launch loop. See the example below as an example of a high stress area that may have recently (per the photograph) been replaced. We are talking plate to plate.

Hulk.jpg

I dont think they replaced a pice of track becuase hulk has never shut down before.