Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Iron Man Experience (HKDL)

It's irrelevant anyway because even if they did manage to knock off Universal's patented ride system (like the "incredible" Curse of DarKastle ride...) how would that solve any complaints? That technology isn't new either...it's almost 15 years old. So that completely negates your argument. I appreciate the personal slide though.

I'd be interested to see Disney's take on the system. See if the Imagineers could beef it up. But no, don't go for the 15 year old system. Go for the 25 year old system. Good reasoning. :thumbs:

Also. You rag on us for not having faith in Disney... and then imply that they'd turn out a SM clone that had the same quality as a Busch Gardens ride. You're grasping at straws.

It's irrelevant anyway because even if they did manage to knock off Universal's patented ride system (like the "incredible" Curse of DarKastle ride...) how would that solve any complaints? That technology isn't new either...it's almost 15 years old. So that completely negates your argument. I appreciate the personal slide though.

No, it doesn't. My argument was not "they're using tech that has been used before" it was "they're using antiquated tech" which they area. The flight simulator used in Star Tours was made obsolete by Spidey, Soarin', and Forbidden Journey.

I'd be interested to see Disney's take on the system. See if the Imagineers could beef it up. But no, don't go for the 15 year old system. Go for the 25 year old system. Good reasoning. :thumbs:

Also. You rag on us for not having faith in Disney... and then imply that they'd turn out a SM clone that had the same quality as a Busch Gardens ride. You're reaching for straws.

It would be interesting to see if they could beef up the Spider-Man system...it'll also be interesting to see if they beef up to ST system...

It would be interesting to see if they could beef up the Spider-Man system...it'll also be interesting to see if they beef up to ST system...

They've... already... done that?

startours-new-merchandise.jpg

They've... already... done that?

startours-new-merchandise.jpg

And they won't do it again for this new ride? The fact that ST 2 exists is irrelevant...Transformers was a beefed up version of Spidey and you're saying Disney could improve that...but you're saying because ST 2.0 was an improved version of ST 1 that that's as high as they can go? Come on man, keep up with your own arguments.

And they won't do it again for this new ride? The fact that ST 2 exists is irrelevant...Transformers was a beefed up version of Spidey and you're saying Disney could improve that...but you're saying because ST 2.0 was an improved version of ST 1 that that's as high as they can go? Come on man, keep up with your own arguments.

Oh man dude. Bravo. Seriously. You're a master of your art. :hail:

Seriously. You're going round and round and round to sell us on the fact that it being a ST simulator is a great thing.

We don't even know IF that's what they're doing. They could be doing something else all-together, and if so, I tip my cap to them.

But that art looks like a Star Speeder. Fans are already calling it "Stark Tours". And if it is ST 2.0, then that's lazy. That's what I'm saying.

Oh man dude. Bravo. Seriously. You're a master of your art. :hail:

Where exactly am I losing you? Let me outline what's happening.

-People automatically judge this proposed Iron Man ride for using the same technology as Star Tours
-I respectfully disagree, and suggest that they weren't necessarily lazy, just used the best technology for the job.

-People say high tech IP should have a high tech ride
-I suggest that the ride system is irrelevant to riders because it's all about illusion anyway--argument dropped.

-NOW others suggested that a brand new ride system would have been a better fit.
-I say that this is most likely unfeasible--argument dropped.

-So NOW we are so desperate to hate on this new ride that we call for Spider-Man technology, saying that Disney could beef it up and make it better and make it their own
-I suggest that Disney could, similarly, beef up their own Star Tours 1/2 system and make Iron Man upgraded and more advanced--insults.

Hmmm...maybe I'm missing something?

The only reasons ANY of our arguments were dropped is because it was like talking to a brick wall. I don't concede a single point I argued earlier. I just got tired of trying.

And if you think I'm just DESPERATE to hate on the new ride... you should scroll back and read some of my posts. I've been calling for an Iron Man ride/ Stark Expo in Disneyland since 2009. So there goes that argument...

:pop:

Dare I enter this conversation in agreement that using the ST is lazy, because it really is. There are other technologies out there that can be used (Vekoma's Pandoras Box) or why couldn't Disney do something like Gringotts but inverted.

:pop:

Dare I enter this conversation in agreement that using the ST is lazy, because it really is. There are other technologies out there that can be used (Vekoma's Pandoras Box) or why couldn't Disney do something like Gringotts but inverted.

The Pandora's Box would be amazing for this attraction. A wild version of Soarin' with the sense of flight and individual space ala Iron Man.

But that's not the best thing to use. OBVIOUSLY flying around like Iron Man is not as accurate as sitting in a tilting box.

The Pandora's Box would be amazing for this attraction. A wild version of Soarin' with the sense of flight and individual space ala Iron Man.

But that's not the best thing to use. OBVIOUSLY flying around like Iron Man is not as accurate as sitting in a tilting box.

See id be ok with them using that ride system, much better than using a simulator in a box.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were being forced to sandbag this to make sure whatever Disneyland eventually gets still gets a huge splash as the first real attraction. Sounds like Disney Front Office logic to me.

I'm bummed, but I actually like Star Tours. So I'm not as vehemently upset as others seem to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were being forced to sandbag this to make sure whatever Disneyland eventually gets still gets a huge splash as the first real attraction. Sounds like Disney Front Office logic to me.

I'm bummed, but I actually like Star Tours. So I'm not as vehemently upset as others seem to be.

That would absolutely make sense and again, I had similar thoughts earlier about the Front Office. The land that this is being used for was long ago earmarked for ST. It seems to me like management decided, slap an Iron Man makeover on it since IM3 made 33% more money in China than the Avengers.

Theming wise, cloning Star Tours would've worked so much better since the theme of HKDL's Tomorrowland is that it's supposed to be a sci-fi spaceport. Not sure how Iron Man's going to work with that.