Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Offical D23 Thread

I believe that they just recreated the flying machine and it just sits there dead. The moving part of that video appeared to be a screen projection of the actual ride way back when. I would like to know what the point of the display was for.

I believe that they just recreated the flying machine and it just sits there dead. The moving part of that video appeared to be a screen projection of the actual ride way back when. I would like to know what the point of the display was for.

The title of the exhibit was,

Yeah even we miss Eisner...

I'd really love to see some attendance and sales numbers for this thing. Disney has to be making a pretty hefty profit for almost no effort. Just trot out the Sherm Bros, some Disney legends, dust off some props, and then watch the sheep herd in. I'm sure people have their personal reasons for going, but those people are really part of the problem. If you don't expect more, they won't give you more.

This seems to be more of a "museum" than an expo. And honestly it looks like a ton of fun - for a really cool, decked out museum. But as an expo, where typically new things are revealed and discussed and hyped? This thing seems fairly lackluster.

I'd really love to see some attendance and sales numbers for this thing. Disney has to be making a pretty hefty profit for almost no effort. Just trot out the Sherm Bros, some Disney legends, dust off some props, and then watch the sheep herd in. I'm sure people have their personal reasons for going, but those people are really part of the problem. If you don't expect more, they won't give you more.

It's going to get to a point where people won't travel out there (or Orlando if they ever move it there) if they keep up the status quo.

This seems to be more of a "museum" than an expo. And honestly it looks like a ton of fun - for a really cool, decked out museum. But as an expo, where typically new things are revealed and discussed and hyped? This thing seems fairly lackluster.

Yeah it would make for a neat museum. But are you going to pay $57 to get in? :lol:

It's going to get to a point where people won't travel out there (or Orlando if they ever move it there) if they keep up the status quo.

Hopefully they realize it and decide to fix the problem instead of just cut it.

Yeah, I've been out west for the past 3 years on 5 different occasions (Disneyland twice) and I had enough of the 5 hour flight. :lol: My fiance and I seriously debated going this year, but ultimately decided to keep it local (aka Florida) for vacations and go big in 2014.

Had enough of a 5 hour flight?! Try transatlantic :'(

It has been confirmed that it will be returning to Anaheim in 2015. I really thought it was going to go to Orlando for it, especially since SW Celebration is going to be in Anaheim in 2015.

It has been confirmed that it will be returning to Anaheim in 2015. I really thought it was going to go to Orlando for it, especially since SW Celebration is going to be in Anaheim in 2015.

It'll never come to WDW. There's not enough convention space on property for it, and the OCCC is too far away from WDW property. On top of that it's harder to get the Hollywood talent and West Coast WDI guys to come out there.

It'll never come to WDW. There's not enough convention space on property for it, and the OCCC is too far away from WDW property. On top of that it's harder to get the Hollywood talent and West Coast WDI guys to come out there.

True. Good point. BUT STILL!!

They'll be enough room once the rest of Future World is converted into convention space :thumbs:

Too be fair, Planes was never intended as anything more than a big budget Direct to DVD sequel. They saw box office potential in it and decided to go for it. Considering it's 50 million budget and it already grossing about 23 million it is a financial success and I can understand it being green lit.