The Official "Use of Screenz" Thread | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Official "Use of Screenz" Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Darn you! I have been holding off making this exact statement! Problem is, I have no idea where they thinking about putting it as it will require a super large space or multi level or both.
MIB Plot? Or does this ride have an IP associated with it already?

Man, I'll be real sad to see MIB go. I love that ride, and the overall experience, from queue to exit. Really underrated. And one of the only moderate dark rides at the entire resort :(

Man, I'll be real sad to see MIB go. I love that ride, and the overall experience, from queue to exit. Really underrated. And one of the only moderate dark rides at the entire resort :(

For my part, I was referring to the empty plot of land to the east of MIB and not MIB itself.

I have heard nothing of MIB's imminent departure.

Last edited:
the Toy Story ride shouldn't even be called a "ride" that's just a moving arcade game...
I always saw the 1 hour line and I imagined this amazing ride or something, I always heard how awesome it was and how people loved it.
One day I finally did the hour line... to do what is basically an arcade style game... biggest "what the hell" moment in my disney history. I seriously couldn't believe something so plain and basic was what people were referring to as the best ride in that park. I remember laughing at the absurdity of it.
I never loved the Buzz Ride but I would ride that one 100 times before I even went back to the Toy Story ride... I understand that ride has a lot of fans and I might be a minority, but it felt like a huge waste of time.

Also, just my opinion, but forbidden Journey is way, way much better than Gringotts. Gringotts is a nice ride and I like to do it, don't get me wrong. but Forbidden Journey is nicer. I understand they needed to use screens because of the actors, but Gringotts needed some animatronics inside the ride. obviously not the dragon but something else.
Gringotts is obviously too short, but between screens they could have added something else, I think Forbidden Journey is the best of both worlds. you get your screens and you get really cool real stuff

it also really bothers me to think that if Men in Black or Jurassic Park were made today, they would be 100% screens, nothing real in them, the dinosaurs would all be screens, the T Rex would probably be as screen, all the aliens would be screens.

how awful would that be........ i get goosebumps just thinking about it.

it also really bothers me to think that if Men in Black or Jurassic Park were made today, they would be 100% screens, nothing real in them, the dinosaurs would all be screens, the T Rex would probably be as screen, all the aliens would be screens.

how awful would that be........ i get goosebumps just thinking about it.

I don't think JP could be done w screens. MIB? Yes. And probably have a much much much smaller footprint. But JP I think isn't possible without the physical AA's. I actually think JP would be nice if they threw some shadows and some projection / new lighting elements inside the show building.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I don't think JP could be done w screens. MIB? Yes. And probably have a much much much smaller footprint. But JP I think isn't possible without the physical AA's. I actually think JP would be nice if they threw some shadows and some projection / new lighting elements inside the show building.
A good point on screens enhancing a largely animatronic ride. I was thinking something similar when I rode Jungle Cruise at WDW last week. It is "the lamest" ride. So out of date & boring. Only misplaced nostalgia keeps that turkey alive. "But" they could really improve it by putting screens through the indoor temple area. Just because it was a Walt original is no excuse to keep it in it's original outdated form. Disney Walt lovers will hate me for this remark, but it's a ride that clearly wastes a lot of space and has absolutely no entertainment value, short of laughing at how bad it is.

A good point on screens enhancing a largely animatronic ride. I was thinking something similar when I rode Jungle Cruise at WDW last week. It is "the lamest" ride. So out of date & boring. Only misplaced nostalgia keeps that turkey alive. "But" they could really improve it by putting screens through the indoor temple area. Just because it was a Walt original is no excuse to keep it in it's original outdated form. Disney Walt lovers will hate me for this remark, but it's a ride that clearly wastes a lot of space and has absolutely no entertainment value, short of laughing at how bad it is.
I'll respect your opinion because it is just that, your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more.

I'll respect your opinion because it is just that, your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more.
Yeah, I knew my opinion would not be a popular or universal one, but I just don't get the allure of that attraction. :shrug:My GF & I are just completely bored by it. We even tried a night ride this time around since I read it was better in the dark. But it was just as blah. I guess nostalgia is a powerful draw. :smile:

Yeah, I knew my opinion would not be a popular or universal one, but I just don't get the allure of that attraction. :shrug:My GF & I are just completely bored by it. We even tried a night ride this time around since I read it was better in the dark. But it was just as blah. I guess nostalgia is a powerful draw. :smile:
For me it's not even nostalgia. I don't have any nostalgia towards it. I just genuinely enjoy it.

I think MIB is great the way it is. I would actually remove the screens with Will Smith and put an AA of him in its place.

Reactions: Clive
Well, you have me with this part. It is the last attraction that needs to be replaced as it still plays well and thanks to Will Smith's lack of aging, is still relevant and fun.
Unfortunately, aging will hurt the "realness" of the Harry Potter rides down the line. Or at least Forbidden Journey. They were teenagers/early 20's when they filmed for that ride. They're gonna look awfully different in 10 years. Hell, they look pretty different already.

Unfortunately, aging will hurt the "realness" of the Harry Potter rides down the line. Or at least Forbidden Journey. They were teenagers/early 20's when they filmed for that ride. They're gonna look awfully different in 10 years. Hell, they look pretty different already.
Yeah, but I think HP will be one of those franchises where the characters are pretty much frozen in time, like the Indy rides.

Yeah, but I think HP will be one of those franchises where the characters are pretty much frozen in time, like the Indy rides.
You're right. The movies will always be them around that age so makes sense for the rides to. However, when looked at to the Will Smith comparison, it will seem a tad odd if not looked at directly within the HP universe down the line.

yeah that's true, I still think the best way would be to combine animatronics and screens, have the main ride be screens but add animatronics in between screens. relying only on screens kind of sucks. but I can see the point about Jungle Cruise
(I can also see the point of adding screens to Jurassic Park to have some new elements inside the building