The Official "Use of Screenz" Thread | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Official "Use of Screenz" Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The issue with Kong is that isn't there still glasses for the final part?

I am not looking at this issue as a theme park geek, I am looking at this issue as a general theme park person. Most people I know come down multiple times a year, live here, or just moved here. One of the complaints I hear about Uni is that every ride you have to put those dumb glasses on. If I wanted to go to the movies, I would go to the movies. So the perception that you have to put glasses on for every ride is what Uni needs to get away from. They need a new ride that doesn't require glasses. It can have screens that work with physical sets, but the glasses have to not be present. They need variety, which they are lacking.

I also agree with someone else, they need some non-E ticket rides. They need some in between rides that are different. They need more capacity too and I think a bunch of smaller non-E ticket rides could give them this.

Reactions: Nick
Is their anything other than the snake that breaks the 3D wall and passes into peoples faces in Gringotts? (guess) The whole attraction looks amazing to me in 2D. I doubt I'm wrong. I just wish it was twice as long.
Yeah, I wish it were longer.

The wow moments came for me at the beginning with hovering over the drop. And I did like Voldomor streaking with black smoke. The screens worked, but I wasn't blown away by it. It was typical 3D. I would have loved more coaster sections.

I had people in my party bypass rides they could have ridden because of all the signs out front of the attractions about motion sickness. I mean, nearly every top ride had that sign that scared people off. There needs to be more variety where not every ride depends on 3D.

Kong would only be the 2nd ride in Islands that utilizes 3D glasses. Three if they upgrade Forbidden Journey. But I think 3D only helps make rides more immersive. In fact, the screens are probably the biggest flaw of FJ but the 3D could actually help. I don't see how wearing glasses detracts from the experience in any way.

Kong would only be the 2nd ride in Islands that utilizes 3D glasses. Three if they upgrade Forbidden Journey. But I think 3D only helps make rides more immersive. In fact, the screens are probably the biggest flaw of FJ but the 3D could actually help. I don't see how wearing glasses detracts from the experience in any way.
We didn't do IOA this trip as we did HHN and I was trying to convince my Disney centric group to join me at UNI/IOA next trip. If F&F is a 3D ride, not to mention Fallon, that will make the majority of top rides 3D at US. That will be six in one park. I kind of hope FJ doesn't transition to 3D as the glasses hinder the physical sets IMO, and its one other thing that will screw with people and make them sick, but it looks like its going to happen. That ride is my biggest fear of taking my group to IOA.

The issue with Kong is that isn't there still glasses for the final part?

I am not looking at this issue as a theme park geek, I am looking at this issue as a general theme park person. Most people I know come down multiple times a year, live here, or just moved here. One of the complaints I hear about Uni is that every ride you have to put those dumb glasses on. If I wanted to go to the movies, I would go to the movies. So the perception that you have to put glasses on for every ride is what Uni needs to get away from. They need a new ride that doesn't require glasses. It can have screens that work with physical sets, but the glasses have to not be present. They need variety, which they are lacking.

I also agree with someone else, they need some non-E ticket rides. They need some in between rides that are different. They need more capacity too and I think a bunch of smaller non-E ticket rides could give them this.
I hear the same all the time working within the Orlando Hospitality Industry consistently for the past 4 years

I think there is a huge difference between using screens in a ride vs screens being the main focus and 3D glasses needed. They can do some very cool rides without 3D glasses needed and without the heavy focus on screens.
Sorry misunderstood. I agree totally, would really rather have them not require glasses.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I also think this would be a good time to do some c ticket rides to really fill in the park.
This is my biggest gripe with Universal in general. There's no "relaxation rides". No slow moving dark rides, boat rides, and very minimal shows. Going to Universal and doing all the rides is like taking ecstasy in a way. There's only one speed - FAST (whether it's actually fast or simulated as such).

This is my biggest gripe with Universal in general. There's no "relaxation rides". No slow moving dark rides, boat rides, and very minimal shows. Going to Universal and doing all the rides is like taking ecstasy in a way. There's only one speed - FAST (whether it's actually fast or simulated as such).

Agreed. And the few slow rides they had (Twister, Disaster) while not the best rides are either now gone or are on their way out for screen based stuff. They need some more ET like rides. I know Disney gets bashed for not doing E-ticket rides, but I think there is something to also be said about too many E-ticket rides. Well maybe not too many. They just now need to add the C-ticket rides.

Agreed. And the few slow rides they had (Twister, Disaster) while not the best rides are either now gone or are on their way out for screen based stuff. They need some more ET like rides. I know Disney gets bashed for not doing E-ticket rides, but I think there is something to also be said about too many E-ticket rides. Well maybe not too many. They just now need to add the C-ticket rides.

I remember when USF was being built the montra was "bigger than Disney, more E Tickets". This ends up with great attractions, but not many filler ones. I do think more Kudos & Kang style rides are better, and why Seuss feels more fleshed out since they have a dark ride, tram ride, spinner, and carousel. I still hope the Woody Woodpecker coaster is moved and re-used.

I think people will be happy with one of the lands in Nintendoland and I'm hearing stuff about another project that directly responds to this thread.

As I keep saying, 2016-2020 is the best years for theme parks since 1996-2000.

I remember when USF was being built the montra was "bigger than Disney, more E Tickets". This ends up with great attractions, but not many filler ones. I do think more Kudos & Kang style rides are better, and why Seuss feels more fleshed out since they have a dark ride, tram ride, spinner, and carousel. I still hope the Woody Woodpecker coaster is moved and re-used.

I think people will be happy with one of the lands in Nintendoland and I'm hearing stuff about another project that directly responds to this thread.

As I keep saying, 2016-2020 is the best years for theme parks since 1996-2000.
Eh, Sure we got a lot of new attractions and 2 new parks, but Epcot went downhill like nobody's business in that time.

I personally think this will be the best time for theme parks since 1989-1995 (MGM, Pleasure Island, Typhoon, Blizzard, Universal, ToT, Wonders of Life, Norway, etc, etc).

Eh, Sure we got a lot of new attractions and 2 new parks, but Epcot went downhill like nobody's business in that time.

I personally think this will be the best time for theme parks since 1989-1995 (MGM, Pleasure Island, Typhoon, Blizzard, Universal, ToT, Wonders of Life, Norway, etc, etc).

Epcot got Test Track, Millennium Village, new Illuminations, and Tapestry so it wasn't all bad lol

Epcot got Test Track, Millennium Village, new Illuminations, and Tapestry so it wasn't all bad lol
Yes, but it lost it's soul during that time. Basically everything that happened around then lead to why the park is in such sh*tty condition these days (or at least Future World).

When I think EPCOT I can't shake WOL, UOI, IMAGINATION, M:S, so much fail... And that's just FW. It is still by far my favorite park.