The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
literally all I want for this year is one of the “big gets” to appear. I’d count the following as one of those:

- IT
- The Conjuring
- Scream
- return of solely Elm Street
- return of solely Friday the 13th
- Hellraiser
- Blumhouse’s Halloween + Halloween Kills

Praying the Conjuring rumor is much more. Also, construction started a couple weeks ago so the Sprung houses are probably already being built

Edit - On an originals note I wonder if they bring back something from 20. Catacombs, Legendary Truth, & IMO Orfanage are all ripe for sequels or reboots.

I would love to see any of those originals. On a speculation note, if Conjuring does indeed come, do you all think it will be in a sprung as planned for 27 or do you think they’ll put it in a soundstage ?

I would love to see any of those originals. On a speculation note, if Conjuring does indeed come, do you all think it will be in a sprung as planned for 27 or do you think they’ll put it in a soundstage ?

It would probably get the sprung tent treatment and put where Insidious was before at 25, hopefully they give it a house facade alike to the Insidious house but of the Warrens or something.

It would probably get the sprung tent treatment and put where Insidious was before at 25, hopefully they give it a house facade alike to the Insidious house but of the Warrens or something.
I thought of this before. It's a big IP so that typically commands a soundstage, but there's not enough big set pieces to really justify using a SS.

The new saw movie look unique but not sure I see it as a house or zone or anything.

I don’t think they would put it in the same location as 27, it would feel like a copy and paste. Also, from what I’m hearing, Conjuring isn’t looking too promising this year.

Yeah, what I mean is not family friendly (and I never claimed it as being such), but rather something that a family member might ask you saying “Have you seen The ______”? (The Stranger Things, The American Horror Story, etc.) And, to be fair, one of my moms loves AHS and the other can only watch the music-heavy episodes.

Every year, I see promo videos posted by UO of older women coming in pairs or groups with a quote like “We come to Horror Nights all the way from (New York, England, Texas) every year. They completely outdo themselves each year”. To me, this is a group that is similar to my Mom’s friends, where one is really into horror, but the others are going for the excuse to go on a trip, drink moderately, and see “the Mom house”. That’s what I meant. Sure hope that isn’t beyond asinine, it’s just an observation.

I realize I am WAY far back in reading this thread (yes, I'm only on page 51 - holy crap, you all are PROLIFIC). I was going to wait to comment until I was caught up (like in a friggin month??), but this comment got me. I am literally laughing out loud. I often forget how young some of you are (or how damn old I am). I would qualify to determine what would be the "mom house" because I'm sure I'm old enough to be a mom to more than half of you (wild guess). I took this to mean that a "mom house" would be based on an IP your mom grew up with. I mean, if you're talking Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Poltergeist, American Werewolf in London, etc.. these are all MY movies from MY childhood. See what I mean?

Then, you comment on promo videos of older women coming in groups... LOL! Yep, that would be me, my wife and my best friend. We are ALL middle-aged broads from Chicago, and we will out-walk you, outlast you and outspend you at HHN. :) Feel free to say hello if you see us this year. This will be our 16th year in a row attending.. and yes, flying in from Chicago to do it. So, Disneyson, sweets.. you don't need a promo video to confirm this.. we are also among you right here. :)

I realize I am WAY far back in reading this thread (yes, I'm only on page 51 - holy crap, you all are PROLIFIC). I was going to wait to comment until I was caught up (like in a friggin month??), but this comment got me. I am literally laughing out loud. I often forget how young some of you are (or how damn old I am). I would qualify to determine what would be the "mom house" because I'm sure I'm old enough to be a mom to more than half of you (wild guess). I took this to mean that a "mom house" would be based on an IP your mom grew up with. I mean, if you're talking Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Poltergeist, American Werewolf in London, etc.. these are all MY movies from MY childhood. See what I mean?

Then, you comment on promo videos of older women coming in groups... LOL! Yep, that would be me, my wife and my best friend. We are ALL middle-aged broads from Chicago, and we will out-walk you, outlast you and outspend you at HHN. :) Feel free to say hello if you see us this year. This will be our 16th year in a row attending.. and yes, flying in from Chicago to do it. So, Disneyson, sweets.. you don't need a promo video to confirm this.. we are also among you right here. :)

I roll my eyes when I hear someone ask about a house based on a Video games
... and I’m sure they rolled their eyes when Ghostbusters was announced. We can all coexist though. The thing I don’t get is , we are the ones with the money. I couldn’t afford Halloween horror nights when I was in my early 20s.... then again I’m not local, I’m in Philadelphia. So hopefully we get a bunch of “ mom houses “ again this year lol

I’m hearing a lot of things. To be honest, some of it I don’t even want to believe it, but I’m starting to believe it cause they’re matching with Legacy’s clues. I wouldn’t stress it though, cause ALOT can change. Plus, all these rumors I’m hearing could be 100% BS.

But is some of it at least exciting?

Yall are starting to give me bad vibes about this year...

Please tell me you’re hearing we get at least a few scary IPs?
“Scary” is subjective.
I’m hearing a lot of things. To be honest, some of it I don’t even want to believe it, but I’m starting to believe it cause they’re matching with Legacy’s clues. I wouldn’t stress it though, cause ALOT can change. Plus, all these rumors I’m hearing could be 100% BS.
There’s a LOT going around right now, to the extent where if most of my clues are wrong, I wouldn’t be surprised.

“Scary” is subjective.

There’s a LOT going around right now, to the extent where if most of my clues are wrong, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Scary = not played for laughs or family friendly; takes itself seriously. All the originals this year fit this bill IMO.

“Scary” is subjective.

Can confirm. Reliable sources are getting word that major properties are coming, then hearing that they are not coming, then hearing that some are coming, and others aren’t.

Kind of chaos right now. Not sure if it’s just really early, or if Uni is trying some rumor control.

Status
Not open for further replies.