The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 361 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying it's wrong, because I don't have the full details, but where do people keep getting "Dungeon of Terror" as being the overall "theme" to a hypothetical anniversary house?

Why is it seemingly going into a tent?

Scarezone update: This year they are dramatically cutting back on scareactors as you can probably imagine. From a logistical standpoint, we need to start thinking in terms of what would provide decent scares from a distance. I can see "large" sets in Hollywood and New York and scares in the style of last year's Zombieland where a zombie bursts out of the port-o-potty and then goes back in. Think of mini "shows" where an event happens to get your attention but then is gone a few seconds later as to avoid building a crowd. Think of projection mapping, sets, fog and heavy surround sound providing most of the atmosphere in the zones with very little scareactor presence.
...Alright now ya got me confused again. So Eilish could be ST1 with TCM in Shrek?

Sorry if it seems I'm really paranoid. I'm getting desperate for literally the smallest bit of HHN info.

Last edited:
Do you mean Billie and Finneas are assisting in the design or that Hollywood as a design team is on board? My experience is that no matter how good a Hollywood house seems to be, in theory, that same house is deftly executed in Orlando and LA doesn't ever live up to the potential. Who knows if that will change with Aiello switching to Creative, but maybe with the new park on hold, he's assisting this team for the 30th.

I’m deducing based on the event’s history since Comcast’s involvement and how each coast designs their events. Eilish screams a Hollywood decision Orlando was roped into. That on top of the whole lagoon show rumor makes me think Orlando wasn’t thrilled to have her offered on the 30th anniversary.

Honestly, Brides with her soundtracking would be a best case scenario for Orlando. I’d be legit thrilled to have another UCM experience and if she did an original soundtrack for it, cool. Gets her fans in, doesn’t eat up a whole house for her, and focuses the event more on the anniversary.

I just had a thought...Beetlejuice was an icon at one point, right? That’d mean possibly 4 anniversary related houses - Beetlejuice, Icons, Dungeon, and Terra/Quake.

I’m deducing based on the event’s history since Comcast’s involvement and how each coast designs their events. Eilish screams a Hollywood decision Orlando was roped into. That on top of the whole lagoon show rumor makes me think Orlando wasn’t thrilled to have her offered on the 30th anniversary.

Honestly, Brides with her soundtracking would be a best case scenario for Orlando. I’d be legit thrilled to have another UCM experience and if she did an original soundtrack for it, cool. Gets her fans in, doesn’t eat up a whole house for her, and focuses the event more on the anniversary.

I just had a thought...Beetlejuice was an icon at one point, right? That’d mean possibly 4 anniversary related houses - Beetlejuice, Icons, Dungeon, and Terra/Quake.
yes

do you know anything about whats gonna go inside the billie house?
obviously I Know that you cant comment on any spoilers, i know, i know you cant comment on details,
but have you heard of anything going inside this house?
im just curious because you sound like you already know how scary it will be? have you heard on how dark it will be?
i guess i am only asking if you have confidence on how terrifying this house is going to be yes?
im just curious, not curious on the details, but the level of terror? yes?
Demons

From what I'd assume and the few things I know about how the events operate, if Hollywood had decided to do it, they probably wouldn't have the authortity to rope Orlando into it unless orlandos team also wanted to do it, since thats how shared properties tend to work. If I had to assume, the higher ups at Universal proper told both teams that they had to do it. Which coast was more willing to do it is something I can't really assume, however.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet

I won't claim to be an HHN historian but outside of running Beetlejuice's Graveyard Rock Show during HHN, BJ was never involved much in the event, let alone an Icon.

From what I'd assume and the few things I know about how the events operate, if Hollywood had decided to do it, they probably wouldn't have the authortity to rope Orlando into it unless orlandos team also wanted to do it, since thats how shared properties tend to work. If I had to assume, the higher ups at Universal proper told both teams that they had to do it. Which coast was more willing to do it is something I can't really assume, however.

That’s possible, but I’m fairly certain Orlando had a line up planned that did not include Eilish and had to make changes to accommodate the decision.

EDIT:
I won't claim to be an HHN historian but outside of running Beetlejuice's Graveyard Rock Show during HHN, BJ was never involved much in the event, let alone an Icon.

Maybe Icon isn’t the right term, but he was the focus of marketing HHN at one point. He also had a few different shows at the event.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken he was a soft icon during Fright Nights along with the Universal Monsters
yes

7317664cb98709ff52bf1249a2664ee9.jpg

Beetlejuice would occasionally pop up in specific adverts for Fright Nights/HHN in the early 90s (I think ‘94 was the latest they used him), but he was never featured in any “official” HHN branding. It was the equivalent of Doc Brown showing up in New York for a meet and greet.

His shows appearing were similarly equivalent to the rides being open. They changed very little from day-time to night-time.

Beetlejuice would occasionally pop up in specific adverts for Fright Nights/HHN in the early 90s (I think ‘94 was the latest they used him), but he was never featured in any “official” HHN branding. It was the equivalent of Doc Brown showing up in New York for a meet and greet.

His shows appearing were similarly equivalent to the rides being open. They changed very little from day-time to night-time.
Then they wisened up and figured out Twister belongs in New York and Beetlejuice belongs in San Fransisco

• Haha
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
The only zombies will be in the TWD house. Not Terra Cruentes.

This was just an obvious joke right? Not trying to start a panic, but I think I recall Legacy saying that he asked that the secret IP not be included on the spec map. It would make sense to not share TWD was returning until it was 100% certain to prevent the chaos that would ensue. I can't really think of a reason he would want to hide TCM other than just to keep something a surprise. Hypothetically, someone could have caught a glimpse of masks for The Whisperers and they were mistaken for Leatherface masks. I know the likelihood of them doing something zombie related is slim with the current events happening. Just a thought

This was just an obvious joke right? Not trying to start a panic, but I think I recall Legacy saying that he asked that the secret IP not be included on the spec map. It would make sense to not share TWD was returning until it was 100% certain to prevent the chaos that would ensue. I can't really think of a reason he would want to hide TCM other than just to keep something a surprise. Hypothetically, someone could have caught a glimpse of masks for The Whisperers and they were mistaken for Leatherface masks. I know the likelihood of them doing something zombie related is slim with the current events happening. Just a thought
I asked them to not include it because I wasn’t confident on what it is, and I didn’t want a spec map with a popular IP that wasn’t actually coming.

People were really disappointed that Gremlins wasn’t coming. Just imagine if it wasn’t the only wrong IP.

And the fact of the matter is, I’m still not sure.

Y’all need to calm the duh down and stop acting as if Billie is the same music as The Wiggles.

Wiggles house confirmed. And I GUARANTEE y'all, it will be the SCARIEST house we've ever seen. My god do the Wiggles want to make me want to jam an ice pick in my ears while using an ice cream scooper on my eyes. That song........no.....no more..........not that song.....:skull:

Status
Not open for further replies.