The Old KidZone Thread | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^I was thinking more like mid 2000's( the characters from the old Jimmy Neutron ride)

Isn't the Jimmy Series done? And I thought that's why they closed Jimmy (Popularity)?

Spongebob either way has such a large audience and you can do so much, Penguins of Madagascar and Spongebob can go a long way. Thats a good round up of characters to make a great kidz zone.

Well reading this thread I'd agree. But how would small children interact with what we grew up with? Universal isn't Disney. Disney has been surviving off that if you ask me haha!
But I definitely would love to see it. Not sure how younger children of today and tomorrow would accept such characters though.

For instance, I love toon lagoon. But Popeye? Couldn't tell you anything about him except he ate spinnach and was always after some woman. I couldn't tell you anything about Ripsaw Falls either.

I understand that the classic characters don't connect with the kids today, but they should keep them for the older crowd who will connect with them. And they have Despicable Me and Spongebob to keep them going for a while. Now they need characters like Disney's that are timeless. They will have Transformers in the parks soon, and should look into TMNT.

Well reading this thread I'd agree. But how would small children interact with what we grew up with? Universal isn't Disney. Disney has been surviving off that if you ask me haha!
But I definitely would love to see it. Not sure how younger children of today and tomorrow would accept such characters though.

Actually, some of the Cartoon Network shows of the 2000s have been revived over on Bommerang, but whether kids flip to that channel or not is the question. Personally, I see kids nowadays more into video games than TV, so a Nintendo or Pokemon section can be something to think about down the road.

Making everything Spongebob actually sounds like a good idea. It's a classic show kids are still into, throw in some Madagascar, Barnyard, and some Fairly Odd parents and you gotta great area

Last edited:
I understand that the classic characters don't connect with the kids today, but they should keep them for the older crowd who will connect with them. And they have Despicable Me and Spongebob to keep them going for a while. Now they need characters like Disney's that are timeless. They will have Transformers in the parks soon, and should look into TMNT.

TMNT? Sorry I'm still trying to learn all of you posters abbreviations.
But I agree Universal needs timeless characters. heck they already destroyed two of them (Jaws, and King Kong). I can understand a ride system being dated, costly or lacking to draw crowd but I doubt it was the characters themselves. If UNI can find a way to include the originals elsewhere in the park again that'd be great. IF UNI can find some new timeless cartoon classics (I'm hesitant to call Spongebob Timeless but he's no doubt popular) that'd be great as well. (I Think Popeye is timeless. I may not have seen any cartoons and so has many people my age and younger but we know who he is).

And The Transformers additions I agree with you on. Now IF we can make Kidzone into a timeless zone, attracting crowds of all ages it'd be great!

Hey, I'd kill for an Adventure Time themed land. Cartoon Network actually has some great shows.

Regular Show and Adventure Time are great, and I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon. :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Making everything Spongebob actually sounds like a good idea. It's a classic show kids are still into, throw in some Madagascar, Barnyard, and some Fairly Odd parents and you gotta great area

Barnyard is done IIRC.

I wonder if Uni doesn't go with Madagascar (which Idk why they wouldnt??) what if they used the madagascar boat ride tech but themed it to spongebob. I think that would be a HUGE hit. They could possibly place it where Curious George is (there's also some room to place a large soundstage back there as well)

My top list of what I would want to see is-

Madagascar
Spongebob (if they go with madagascar i think they should retheme woody woodpecker to this)
possibly an "UP" area with house, doug, snipe, etc...

I wonder if Uni doesn't go with Madagascar (which Idk why they wouldnt??) what if they used the madagascar boat ride tech but themed it to spongebob. I think that would be a HUGE hit. They could possibly place it where Curious George is (there's also some room to place a large soundstage back there as well)

My top list of what I would want to see is-

Madagascar
Spongebob (if they go with madagascar i think they should retheme woody woodpecker to this)
possibly an "UP" area with house, doug, snipe, etc...

Up, like Pixar's Up???

:inquisitive:

Spongebob 4D is getting a Star Tours style update, but I don't think it would affect anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Madagascar would need alot of space, so don't worry.

Idk if you've looked at the map on google but if you remove everything that's in kidzone and factor in the empty unused lot behind it (not all just some) there's plenty of room. Even if space was an issue there are other options of rides/themeing etc...that can be chosen and done. Thy're not as restricted as you may think

I mean they already updated with the Spongebob and Nickelodeon store in the area already..the natural progression would be to keep that theme going throughout the area and push it back...only problem would ET right smack in the middle of it.

They already have a Toon Lagoon in IOA, don't think they need another mish mash of other cartoons here too, it'll be specific, either Nickelodeon or Dreamworks..

Status
Not open for further replies.