The State of Epcot | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

The State of Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have walls gone up?
Goodness no. However the UK project along with the Ratatouille ride are projects that virtually all WDW insiders agree are very likely happening/greenlit (which isn't something I can say about a new country).

If I were a betting man, i'd say the Rat ride and this smaller UK attraction will be announced at the D23 Expo in July, but who knows.

As I stated above, there is a few acres of expansion space behind where the band plays, so it would be an expansion of the courtyard.

The band would stay because they help generate a lot in booze sales. They may need to alter their performance location, but the band is very likely safe.
That all makes sense, that's why I don't believe it.:)

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
In all the info I've seen, there is no plan for the UK in the next 6 years. Ratatouille in France- yes, Brazil- yes, re-theme of Mexico- yes, but that's it for World Showcase besides projection upgrades. All subject to change of course, but nothing planned for the UK or any other pavilion besides those. A TON of stuff for Future World though...

Reactions: Joel and Alicia
In all the info I've seen, there is no plan for the UK in the next 6 years. Ratatouille in France- yes, Brazil- yes, re-theme of Mexico- yes, but that's it for World Showcase besides projection upgrades. All subject to change of course, but nothing planned for the UK or any other pavilion besides those. A TON of stuff for Future World though...
Don't forget about the new version of Illuminations in WS.

Whatever the case may be though, interesting times ahead for Epcot. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Joel

That's probably as it should be, frankly. Ratatouille and a completely new country pavilion (and maybe the U.K. thing) would be plenty to liven up World Showcase (I hope the COCO overlay doesn't happen, as it would be a real shame for those neat Three Caballeros AAs to end up back in mothballs again). Future World is what needs the real love.

Reactions: SeventyOne
That's probably as it should be, frankly. Ratatouille and a completely new country pavilion (and maybe the U.K. thing) would be plenty to liven up World Showcase (I hope the COCO overlay doesn't happen, as it would be a real shame for those neat Three Caballeros AAs to end up back in mothballs again). Future World is what needs the real love.
Maybe the Three Caballeros will go into the "Mickey Mouse" ride taking over GMR? I could see that since they were part of Mickey Mouse Review originally...

From what I know, much of the FW work is aesthetic changes. Innoventions will get a new purpose. A few ride updates (M:S, Living with the Land, maybe Seas pavilion). The only new attraction I know about is the Energy replacement.

Reactions: Alicia
Energy/WoL replacement (GotG mini land)
Update of Imagination
Redo of entrance plaza (goodbye tombstones!) and courtyard between the Communicore buildings (goodbye ugly sun shade!)

Reactions: Joel and Nick
Energy/WoL replacement (GotG mini land)
Update of Imagination
Redo of entrance plaza (goodbye tombstones!) and courtyard between the Communicore buildings (goodbye ugly sun shade!)
I'm hesitant to believe an Imagination update/redo is happening until it happens. The amount of times they've tried to get that project off the ground is stupid.

Supposedly it's been budgeted (until something else has a cost over run). That NEVER happens at Disney though... :D

Maybe the Three Caballeros will go into the "Mickey Mouse" ride taking over GMR? I could see that since they were part of Mickey Mouse Review originally...

But that's shaping up to be a mostly screens attraction, isn't it? I seem to recall a report to that effect from an insider last year. "More Ratatouille than Mystic Manor" was the thrust I remember.

From what I know, much of the FW work is aesthetic changes. Innoventions will get a new purpose. A few ride updates (M:S, Living with the Land, maybe Seas pavilion). The only new attraction I know about is the Energy replacement.

If they screw up/dumb down Living with the Land, I'm not going to be happy.

And I still have no idea how Disney thinks the Guardians of the Galaxy characters belong in Epcot. I can't wait to see them attempt to spin that. Remember the ultra-tepid, lukewarm reception to the Frozen Ever After section of the last D23? I'm expecting an even less warm response should this attraction get announced at the next convention.

And I still have no idea how Disney thinks the Guardians of the Galaxy characters belong in Epcot. I can't wait to see them attempt to spin that. Remember the ultra-tepid, lukewarm reception to the Frozen Ever After section of the last D23? I'm expecting an even less warm response should this attraction get announced at the next convention.
What I think many people don't understand nowadays is that the people involved with approving attractions and such could care less about theme or breaking it. They simply are looking at GSAT numbers and if they see that something is scoring extraordinarily low, it's put on the list to be possibly removed/updated.

They are thinking nothing about theme when approving these rides (Rat, GotG)... it's simply about synergy and what I like to call the "Iger-effect". The only thing they care about is getting these properties into the parks somehow... they could care less where or which park they end up in because they know people will show up and that they will be popular.

If they screw up/dumb down Living with the Land, I'm not going to be happy.
They seem to be going with a theme of restoring original elements of the park like the name, CommuniCore, the main entrance plaza, etc., so I think it's actually entirely possible that they could be bringing the original Listen to the Land name and song and theme back. I can't remember for sure, but believe the original change to Living with the Land was initiated by the transition from Kraft to Nestle, so with a decent budget to update things and without a sponsor dictating terms now they might be more than happy bring back the original spirit of the attraction just purely for the purposes of advertising a nostalgic slant. But at the same time I would hope they do a good update on the greenhouses with all of the latest and greatest in agriculture.

Reactions: belloq87
They can't take away much more scenery from the indoor portions of LwtL. So in theory that can only go up.

Maybe Lab Tech Mickey will make a comeback. (The bug farm room on Behind the Seeds has a curtain wall - it's blocking ceiling to floor windows that the ride views and where Mickey in a lab coat often hung out.)

As for Innoventions - will they remove the concrete they stupidly poured to raise the floor? Each project since the first renovation has had to dedicate hours to drilling through the concrete to get wiring and electrical to the new kiosks and such - because no one at WDI was smart enough to realize that just filling it in was a terrible idea.

They can't take away much more scenery from the indoor portions of LwtL. So in theory that can only go up.

Maybe Lab Tech Mickey will make a comeback. (The bug farm room on Behind the Seeds has a curtain wall - it's blocking ceiling to floor windows that the ride views and where Mickey in a lab coat often hung out.)
I was totally just looking at pictures of that yesterday. The finale is so lame now.
Finale%20lab.jpg

Finale%20lab%201.jpg

Finale%20lab%202.jpg

Finale%20and%20Mickey.jpg

As for Innoventions - will they remove the concrete they stupidly poured to raise the floor? Each project since the first renovation has had to dedicate hours to drilling through the concrete to get wiring and electrical to the new kiosks and such - because no one at WDI was smart enough to realize that just filling it in was a terrible idea.
The impression I always had was that that'd be a royal pain in the ass to dig all that out and it would probably never happen, but if it's been creating problems with utilities and everything maybe it would be worth the effort. It would certainly be much better from an overall design standpoint, especially if they restore the main corridor through each building.

I was totally just looking at pictures of that yesterday. The finale is so lame now.
Finale%20lab.jpg

Finale%20lab%201.jpg

Finale%20lab%202.jpg

Finale%20and%20Mickey.jpg

The impression I always had was that that'd be a royal pain in the ass to dig all that out and it would probably never happen, but if it's been creating problems with utilities and everything maybe it would be worth the effort. It would certainly be much better from an overall design standpoint, especially if they restore the main corridor through each building.
That scene could certainly use Screenz to make it more interesting and entertaining. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.