The State of Epcot | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

The State of Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Imagineers could dig up their old concepts for the Venezuela pavilion's planned aerial tram ride through the jungle and repurpose/customize them for Brazil...

84131885408696b1e5384525d0c629b6.jpg

Umm, maybe not. Venezuela is a mess and in turmoil. People are starving and on the streets. It's gotten so bad that even their zoo animals are dying from hunger.

I can't see anything backing the idea of building a country without a ride. Like, what twisted reading of guest feedback would bring you to that conclusion?

I could certainly see the budget limiting it - but I can't see any variation where a guest looks at pavilion with Ride versus no ride and goes "I'll take the one without the ride."

It's possible we get no new countries, but it's also possible we get two.

On top of Brazil, Spain is a big contender, mostly because of the animated movie "Gigantic" coming out early next year which takes place in Spain. WDI has high hopes for the film's success, as the more successful it is, the more likely a pavilion is to happen.

Martin mentioned it's "highly probably" that within the next 5 years a country is added. He stated higher ups have finally come to terms with the park needing help and poor guest surveys have only made the need more evident.

Oh, and apparently Rat is greenlit.

I don't have as good sources in Disney as I do other places but I just cannot take anything seriously about any additions to the parks. Really burned over the years with Carsland "green lit" for DHS, all the rumored projects at Epcot and MK, etc. Fool me once shame on you sort of situation. That's why I'm sitting on my hands when it comes to Epcot rumors.

the only reason i think something may be going to EPCOT is that Bob Chapek actually talked about expanding and fixing EPCOT publicly so something is happening but what is who knows

I don't have as good sources in Disney as I do other places but I just cannot take anything seriously about any additions to the parks. Really burned over the years with Carsland "green lit" for DHS, all the rumored projects at Epcot and MK, etc. Fool me once shame on you sort of situation. That's why I'm sitting on my hands when it comes to Epcot rumors.
I was skeptical for about 3-4 years surrounding Epcot rumors (Hell, I didn't even think Soarin' 2.0 would happen), but where there's smoke there's normally fire and there's just way too much smoke right now for there to not be some fire.

Your skepticism is more than warranted though with how Disney has treated the park over the years.

Underwhelming, but I can live with it. Provided it looks classy (and I expect it would), it could add a nice kinetic element to the pavilion.
I read that Martin ruled out a carousel shortly after my post. It will still be a flat ride though due to land constraints.

Only thing I can come up with is a Helter Skelter.

Or maybe a swing. There isn't one in Florida.

Ferris Wheel seems out of the question because of how it would view backstage. Other flat rides seem too intense for the intended purpose.

What's the definition of a flat ride? I'm thinking it means something that doesn't have lift hills but from everyone's comments it seems something like a carni ride?

Reactions: JoeCamel
What's the definition of a flat ride? I'm thinking it means something that doesn't have lift hills but from everyone's comments it seems something like a carni ride?
From wiki:

Flat rides are usually considered to be those that move their passengers in a plane generally parallel to the ground, such as rides that spin around a vertical axis, like carousels and twists, and ground level rides such as bumper cars and The Whip.​

Reactions: Joel
Status
Not open for further replies.