The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
People rude on a message board shocker lol. But so I stay on topic who wants to bet on when we will here a date for previews. I would love to hear a date by next Friday & I really think we are close enough it could happen.

Hahaha, so true. But I feel like, for the most part, OU is a friendly place and want to keep it that way.

On topic, however, Teebin, when you first gave that clue I think i might've mentioned coming up and out of the tunnel (I have honestly forgotten if I actually posted it or just thought it at the time), does that have anything to do with anything?

BTW... Mr. Sand Hill Crane (the daddy) was hit by a Ford F-350 truck today. He is ok... but will be out of loop for a while. He is suffering from a "CONCUSSION" which he described as far more horrid than the wind gust. He said, "I was "HALFWAY" across the road and then bam!" Your prayers are welcomed.

I'm not getting the concussion part.

Daddy spidey got hit by a vehicle, I see. I mean crane. Sand Hill Crane, of course. Spider? What was I thinking? lol
And to think he was halfway to the end of his journey across the road when this happened.

I guess he will be out of a loop for a while. Reread the quote.

I'm not getting the concussion part.

Daddy spidey got hit by a vehicle, I see. I mean crane. Sand Hill Crane, of course. Spider? What was I thinking? lol
And to think he was halfway to the end of his journey across the road when this happened.

I guess he will be out of a loop for a while. Reread the quote.

Ah ha! it's all adding up nicely which means I am now even more scared to ride the damn thing lol

The dark arts rule, but getting your soul slowly sucked out while feeling completely impotent and vulnerable in a horrible, black, and freezing cold Dementor's Kiss kind of gives it an advantage. ;]

And I'm sixteen. ^_^

disfreak, I am too! this sounds really bad and I am definitly not a fan of scary/thrill but I have to ride this no matter what.

Running a scene backwards, hmm... like going from underground onto the field with the tree above us? so up and out, but someone already said that so that cant be it... ugh.

I just want to say that since when did Olivanders get into Hogsmeade? That is not in the book at all. Also, the Hogs Head is not connected to the Three Broomsticks. I mean come on people they are two different establishments. I can't believe J.K. Rowling approved this.

umm... JK Rowling put her thumb on all of it because there are reasons for it. Trust UO and Jo. There are stories for both and reasons. Its ok and ollivanders (and another location) completely make sense. The Hogs Head was thought about and they figured out a way around it. UO knows that there will be die-hard fans coming that will question it and they thought of the answer and know what they are doing. If they pleased wb and jo I think we should all be pleased.

I like the further clues that are being hinted at :)

And I completely agree that Demetors, for me, are the scariest element. Mysterious, quiet, dark, able the suck the life right out of you..you just start feeling cold and then there they are..they would make a great effect in the ride.

umm... JK Rowling put her thumb on all of it because there are reasons for it. Trust UO and Jo. There are stories for both and reasons. Its ok and ollivanders (and another location) completely make sense. The Hogs Head was thought about and they figured out a way around it. UO knows that there will be die-hard fans coming that will question it and they thought of the answer and know what they are doing. If they pleased wb and jo I think we should all be pleased.

Olivanders and a different location don't make sense. It is supposed to be in Diagon Ally. The Hogs Head is a different establishment than the three broomsticks so that doesn't work either. So ya.

I am also very upset that you can't actually go into the castle itself. They should have taken more time and buit an replica castle or something similar so that people can go in it. I am a little disapointed.

--- Update ---

I think they might surprise us though who knows. We should definitely be able to go up.

I am also very upset that you can't actually go into the castle itself. They should have taken more time and buit an replica castle or something similar so that people can go in it. I am a little disapointed.

--- Update ---

I think they might surprise us though who knows. We should definitely be able to go up.

Don't forget that the castle isn't as big as it looks - they've built it to perpectively look bigger than it is so it isn't meant to have people walking up it :)

People rude on a message board shocker lol. But so I stay on topic who wants to bet on when we will here a date for previews. I would love to hear a date by next Friday & I really think we are close enough it could happen.

The safe money is no sooner than 5/15.

--- Update ---

I just want to say that since when did Olivanders get into Hogsmeade? That is not in the book at all. Also, the Hogs Head is not connected to the Three Broomsticks. I mean come on people they are two different establishments. I can't believe J.K. Rowling approved this.

Just becausea Hogsmeade Olivander's wasn't mentioned in the books doesn't mean there wasn't (or couldn't be one); the only time any of the students needed a wand in the books (the only logical reason to visit or even mention an Olivander's in Hogsmeade) was CoS and Ron, though Second Years aren't allowed to go down to the village. It is considered a branch/franchise, which is not out of the realm of possibility.

Not trying to be rude Avada Kedavra, but who says that Ollivanders can’t have a SECOND branch in Britain’s only FULL Wizarding settlement. JK Rowling certainly did not state that it couldn’t. Also you may not know this (which is fine, you have only been a member for 2 days, but also could have been lurking for more, who knows…) but about going up into the Castle has been discussed here, ALOT, and right from early development stages, it has been shown that Hogwarts School is just a facade, the rock work below and towers are hollow (and are filled with immense, ugly beams inside).

Go to; www.brianorndorf.com/harry-potter-theme-park and it will show you about ten updates from the entire construction process. Most of Hogwarts was built off site (excluding the re-vamped Astronomy Tower, which was built where it is now located). Some towers are REALLY small, but all are exceptionally detailed to create the illusion that we are actually entering inside the castle. When you said "they should have taken more time and buit an replica castle" they did spend time on the castle. A lot.

It is about the illusion. Rather than just presuming that they haven’t spend years to design and construct this park, and saying you are ALREADY disappointed with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is a little un-called for, Give UO a chance. They have been in close contact with JK Rowling, making regular trips to visit her in the UK, and they apparently the masters of theme parks. Also, about The Three Broomsticks and the Hogs Head being connected, so are Zonko’s and Honeydukes. Unless it strongly stated in one of the books "The one thing that Harry noticed the most was that none of the shops or bars were connected. Not The Three Broomsticks and the Hogs Head, especially not Honeydukes and Zonko’s were joined", they can change little details for easier access in the theme park.

WITH JK Rowlings approval they have added new elements and created the whole park beautifully, and I am sure that anyone else who has been monitoring the progress on OU (ALOT of people) of the park daily, or sometimes more often like me, agree that this is as good as it is going to get, and what we are getting is brilliant. If you don’t like Hogwarts, visit Cinderellas castle...

--- Update ---

Actually it is 17 updates...