The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The whole Hogsmeade Olivander's question actually was addressed in one of the official Universal press releases or videos (I don't remember which one). Obviously, J.K. gave her approval to include a branch of the wand shop in Hogsmeade so us Muggles could enjoy the experience.

And I would much rather see Dementors than an AA Voldemort or Death Eaters.

Since UO has stated that there is some type of encounter with Voldy, I'm guessing he's part of the film-making, not AA (at least that's my prayer). I don't want another Wicked Witch type AA, like in Great Movie Ride. And if the finale is with Dementors, perhaps Voldy sends them to us (Muggles); after all, it's the dementors that control all the Muggle-borns in the Ministry of Magic in DH, so there is a logical story connection to Voldy not attacking us, but sending his servants to attack the muggles.

Out of all the possible creature-encounter finales, I'm glad they chose dementors. Even though they're not my personal favorite ("Dementor's Kiss" just sounds weird...is there tongue involved?), few of the other creatures would thematically make a great finale. The demontors are in most of the books (3-7), actually pose a significant threat to the characters, and are under Voldy's power. The Basilisk (which will hopefully be there) is a fantastic final creature, but is dead by the end of Book 2. I do hope there is at least one confrontation with Snape, though...does he count as a creature? :idea2:

Wasn't there a rumor that Dobby is using elf magic to transport us everywhere? If this is true, we could be taken anywhere, and then subjected to the typical "Oh, no, where are we NOW?" effect of theme park attractions. Plopping us under the Whomping Willow and then out could be a cool effect -- I can imagine the branchs slamming down all around us, then we turn around, and we're under a massive AA tree.

I just want to say that since when did Olivanders get into Hogsmeade? That is not in the book at all. Also, the Hogs Head is not connected to the Three Broomsticks. I mean come on people they are two different establishments. I can't believe J.K. Rowling approved this.

It's supposed to be a second store opened by Ollivander...and they were looking to give people experiences with some of the major and memorable locations in the best way possible....JK gave her stamp from the beginning...let's try to remember this is a THEME PARK and because of space/budget/whatever they need to make changes so people can get the full experience.

and a full replica castle? isn't it supposed to be like 800 feet tall or something like that (haven't read the books so not sure on that number). The facade is a forced perspective and up in the courtyard/other areas are too small for regular sized people...plus, if we were up inside the castle, looking out we'd see the rest of Islands of Adventure, which I'm sure doesn't surround Hogwarts in the books...having the castle be a facade and we explore the inside of the main building lets the designers control the way we see the ride/the surroundings.

Last edited:
I am also very upset that you can't actually go into the castle itself. They should have taken more time and buit an replica castle or something similar so that people can go in it. I am a little disapointed.

--- Update ---

I think they might surprise us though who knows. We should definitely be able to go up.

Wow. I thought this topic would never, ever resurface again.

I was wrong... -_-

I'm gonna "go on a limb here" and say...

(in chronological order)
- underground tunnel
- big happy tree
- flying scene around Hogwarts ground to forbidden forest (projection carousel)
- forbidden forest
- dragon
- Dementor slumber party
- stuff

That's my theory, any ways... but there's a lot of possibilities for this ride...

So Uni has had great exposure of WWOHP recently on Ellen and Celebrity Apprentice, has anyone heard of the next PR move by them? Will we see the section featured on any shows in May?

^There might be more shows where the theme is WWOHP, but at the moment I can only recall one other PR movement on the NBC network. I remember reading that there would be a special 30-60 minute episode titled something like "Behind the Scenes: WWOHP" would play in mid June on NBC.

Last edited:
Since UO has stated that there is some type of encounter with Voldy, I'm guessing he's part of the film-making, not AA (at least that's my prayer). I don't want another Wicked Witch type AA, like in Great Movie Ride. And if the finale is with Dementors, perhaps Voldy sends them to us (Muggles); after all, it's the dementors that control all the Muggle-borns in the Ministry of Magic in DH, so there is a logical story connection to Voldy not attacking us, but sending his servants to attack the muggles.

Out of all the possible creature-encounter finales, I'm glad they chose dementors. Even though they're not my personal favorite ("Dementor's Kiss" just sounds weird...is there tongue involved?), few of the other creatures would thematically make a great finale. The demontors are in most of the books (3-7), actually pose a significant threat to the characters, and are under Voldy's power. The Basilisk (which will hopefully be there) is a fantastic final creature, but is dead by the end of Book 2. I do hope there is at least one confrontation with Snape, though...does he count as a creature? :idea2:

Do you have a link to when UO said that there will be a Voldemort encounter? I've searched all morning and still can't find anything. I thought that was mere speculation.

Nevermind, just found it in the Newsday article. Since that is the only mention of it I've found. I'm a little skeptical. It's not quoted, and it doesn't say anything about an encounter. It says "yes, there will be Lord Voldemort." It also sounded like Coupe was being very vague when asked questions. I don't doubt that the ride might have something to do with him, but that there will be a whole scene devoted to him, but I could be wrong :ears:

Last edited:
I should make a shirt or something to wear to WWoHP that says "I survived the great courtyard debate" lol

I agree that they need to go ahead and release the 3rd report soon. We are running out of things to talk about. Minus Harry and Hermione in a Walmart parking lot or cheap motel.

My theory for the ride would be a time turner experience, going back and hitting like the Chamber of Secrets, Basilisk, etc. I'm just glad we get to see the Whomping Willow!!! I love that tree. When it shakes off the leaves, swats a bird. Hmm, maybe put a word into your Crane friend to stay away from it. LOL

I sincerely hope that Snape makes an appearance. If nothing else, it would be a sin to work with source material featuring Alan Rickman without using him!

I sincerely hope that Snape makes an appearance. If nothing else, it would be a sin to work with source material featuring Alan Rickman without using him!

Well, Uni states the following:

"Characters (featuring Harry Potter film talent): Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Albus Dumbledore, Rubeus Hagrid and Draco Malfoy
You may also catch a glimpse of Fred and George Weasley, Ginny Weasley and Neville Longbottom"

no more no less...
http://media.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/news.php

Shame. Oh well. You can only stuff so much talent onto one screen, I suppose, but that line-up may be for the actual ride itself. There is always, as said before, queue possibilities.

I doubt Alan Rickman makes an apperance. Remember actors (especially well known ones) are expensive. They probably spent a lot of their "theme park film" budget on Harry and the other kids. I doubt Ralph Feines even makes an appearance...although it could be easy to hide his character with make-up.

It would have been too expensive/obnoxious to build the castle to scale. You realize how Big this castle is supposed to be right?

I do agree that the show building could be better hidden though. Im hoping it will be once we are closer to opening.

Universal is going to make a MINT on this expanasion. Im sure Disney must be kicking themselves right about now.

OFF Topic..word is that Bush Gardens is getting a new Giga-Coaster! It's about frickin time.