The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 146 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry, not a student of the Potter books... but was not the dark face in the sky supposed to be an out-of-body representation of Voldemort?

The dark mark was like his calling card. Whenever the Deatheaters killed anyone they sent up the Dark Mark over the house so when the family members came home, they would see the Dark Mark & be terrified about what they were about to come across.

Its a 'terrorist' symbol to the wizarding world. Not to bring too much reality into fantasy but that is the way art goes. Much of it all parallels Nazi Germany as a tolerance tale.

The dark mark was like his calling card. Whenever the Deatheaters killed anyone they sent up the Dark Mark over the house so when the family members came home, they would see the Dark Mark & be terrified about what they were about to come across.

Well, in GoF, when the tent festival scene happens, it is attacked by something... were those death eaters? Then Harry was left unconscious and awoke on the ground, I thought we see the same face in the sky just before the silhouette of Barty Crouch Junior shows up in the distance walking towards him through the wreckage. I am merely thinking that if we do see Voldemort, it will be in this form only. That was my only thought behind this discussion.

Last edited:
Well, in GoF, when the tent festival scene happens, it is attacked by something... were those death eaters? Then Harry was left unconscious and awoke on the ground, I thought we see the same face in the sky just before the silhouette of Barty Crouch Junior shows up in the distance walking towards him through the wreckage. I am merely thinking that if we do see Voldemort, it will be in this form only. That was my only thought behind this discussion.

I think Voldemort technically already had a form at this point (the weird little half-formed body thing). He was formless, however, in Philosopher's Stone.

I'm gonna "go on a limb here" and say...

(in chronological order)
- underground tunnel
- big happy tree
- flying scene around Hogwarts ground to forbidden forest (projection carousel)
- forbidden forest
- dragon
- Dementor slumber party
- stuff

That's my theory, any ways... but there's a lot of possibilities for this ride...

I can only guaranteed that based on the "unfounded, ridiculous, stray as a cat rumor" that the following is "legit like wednesday" even though it is a "worthless rumor".
- underground tunnel + plus boom boom boom of air
- big happy tree
- (projection carousel)
- stuff

And Mr. Crane is doing better today, after receiving a "Concussion" while crossing "Halfway" across the road. If only he had "Begun" sooner or made it to the "End" of his destination sooner. If only he had known what would occur "Halfway" through his "Journey" to cross the road.

(much of the previous statements are subject to change without notice. Some of the effects, scenes, and overall show are TBD and could have been scrapped long ago. Please kill the project managers and not the messenger.)

By the way, from the video posted yesterday, we know that the company Cinnabar did much of the interior theming on Olivander's Wand Shop. http://www.cinnabar.com/ they have an office here in Orlando, although they primarily based in California... and this fact is p****** off quite a few Florida design companies that lost contracts on this project.

They may have been a subcontractor to Lexington Acquisition http://www.lex-usa.com/ who appears to have won a MAJOR contract on the both the ride and a few other major decorations... including the Hogwarts Express.

Last edited:
The safe money is no sooner than 5/15.

--- Update ---

Just becausea Hogsmeade Olivander's wasn't mentioned in the books doesn't mean there wasn't (or couldn't be one); the only time any of the students needed a wand in the books (the only logical reason to visit or even mention an Olivander's in Hogsmeade) was CoS and Ron, though Second Years aren't allowed to go down to the village. It is considered a branch/franchise, which is not out of the realm of possibility.

Lets not go assuming things here and then putting them into the park. The park should be built form things that were actual in the books. That is what I am saying. They would have said in the books that Olivander's was in Hogsmeade. So there ya go.

--- Update ---

It's supposed to be a second store opened by Ollivander...and they were looking to give people experiences with some of the major and memorable locations in the best way possible....JK gave her stamp from the beginning...let's try to remember this is a THEME PARK and because of space/budget/whatever they need to make changes so people can get the full experience.

and a full replica castle? isn't it supposed to be like 800 feet tall or something like that (haven't read the books so not sure on that number). The facade is a forced perspective and up in the courtyard/other areas are too small for regular sized people...plus, if we were up inside the castle, looking out we'd see the rest of Islands of Adventure, which I'm sure doesn't surround Hogwarts in the books...having the castle be a facade and we explore the inside of the main building lets the designers control the way we see the ride/the surroundings.

It isn't right that they are just making things up they need to realize this.

--- Update ---

I found out this morning that I won a 1 week trip to Orlando for the Islands of Adventure including the Wizarding World. I get to go with three other people in October. Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets not go assuming things here and then putting them into the park. The park should be built form things that were actual in the books. That is what I am saying. They would have said in the books that Olivander's was in Hogsmeade. So there ya go.

--- Update ---

--- Update ---

I found out this morning that I won a 1 week trip to Orlando for the Islands of Adventure including the Wizarding World. I get to go with three other people in October. Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you'll have a miserable time visiting the "inaccurate" Hogsmeade and Forbidden Journey.

--- Update ---

--- Update ---

Changes that have been made by creative directors and approved by the author...sounds pretty good to me...and did the books ever explicitly say that there was no Ollivander's branch in Hogsmede? I'm sure there'd be quite a few angry people if they didn't get to experience Ollivander's in the WWoHP

You bash what has been created and then get all giddy that you are going to get to see it? This sounds like the argument of a 12 year old. Get a grip and only post here if it makes some amount of sense.

(Once again I can only recall the books) In GoF a group of Deatheaters merry from the festivites of the Quidditch match decided to go out & have some fun with the muggles. The Dark Mark went into the air from a loyal Death Eater who was upset that those Deatheaters walked free and never tried to search for Voldemort. The Dark Mark actually scared the Deatheaters because they thought it meant Voldemort was back & was going to punish them for not being loyal. (Renouncing him &/or claiming he bewitched them so they could avoid going to Azkaban)

^ aaah... so the dark mark is not what I presumed it was. Thank you for that deeper definition from the books. Explains the ripping off of the masks in the Voldemort scene late in the movie. Never really understood his distrust.

You bash what has been created and then get all giddy that you are going to get to see it? This sounds like the argument of a 12 year old. Get a grip and only post here if it makes some amount of sense.

How does me winning a contest not make sense. Know your roll and shut your mouth!

^ aaah... so the dark mark is not what I presumed it was. Thank you for that deeper definition from the books. Explains the ripping off of the masks in the Voldemort scene late in the movie. Never really understood his distrust.

No problem. Glad I could help. It makes me feel better about be a "Harry Potter nerd". I've read the books a dozen times. Yea, they seemed to have left out that in the movie. I am sure they thought it insignificant but it certainly makes it hard to understand why Voldemort is so mad at his Deatheaters.

Thanks for posting all of the information about & from your friend Mr. Sand Hill Crane. I look forward to them even if I have trouble understanding. :)

Do you have a link to when UO said that there will be a Voldemort encounter? I've searched all morning and still can't find anything. I thought that was mere speculation.

Nevermind, just found it in the Newsday article. Since that is the only mention of it I've found. I'm a little skeptical. It's not quoted, and it doesn't say anything about an encounter. It says "yes, there will be Lord Voldemort." It also sounded like Coupe was being very vague when asked questions. I don't doubt that the ride might have something to do with him, but that there will be a whole scene devoted to him, but I could be wrong :ears:

I wouldn't put too much weight on the Newsday article...