The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 244 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everything anyone says could have a 2nd meaning thats why you have to read everything & think what do they really mean especially those who have bits of info

Yeah but Teebin could say that he needed to sleep and people would think you could book rooms in the Gryffindor common room. That's why I'm proud to be a member of ... The Normal Club!!!

The crepe myrtle... hmm Teebin if this is what your referring to, I wouldnt imagine it having to be anchored in to the ground 12, or even 8 ft, even if it was 20-30 feet tall. Depends on how wide the base of whatever it may be is. also depends on how wild the movement is. But even if it werent anchored in too far and the foundation failed, It still wouldnt be a fail on the scale of the yeti. They may have to shut the ride down for a while, and it would be a mechanics and engineer's nightmare but im positive from what we have seen that they would be able to remove and redo a certain part of the foundation.

the KR500 is the ride vehicle model I believe...so it would need a strong foundation, the busbar merely guides the base which actually moves itself so it doesn't have to support the base weight like the actual floor of the building.

oh. If it is a prop that Teebin is referencing than I haven't the foggiest.

Last edited:
Alan Gilmore saids in an interview,

The snow was also very difficult. We really wanted to have snow everywhere, creating the most amazing snowscape and that cold Scottish feeling. Psychologically the snow creates a sense of a lower temperature. To try and bring that cold to Orlando, that is quite hard. In the end, I hope what we created gives guests a good experience!

Yeah but Teebin could say that he needed to sleep and people would think you could book rooms in the Gryffindor common room. That's why I'm proud to be a member of ... The Normal Club!!!

True but it's nice to read things that I or other have posted recently & if they seem out of place or a bit off topic they may even mean something. We don't do it to drive you crazy it's so maybe you can hear something without actually hearing it. I'm sure if teebin & anyone else could give out everything they had with zero recourse to them self or their source we would spill our guts it's not like we want to keep these things in but sad enough we have to. This is why enjoy the riddles & hints for the little they may give you in the long run

Yeah I think we can agree that there will be snow somewhere other than the DADA. It just seems to keep coming back, even if it is in the form of little hints. It seems that it will be in Hogsmeade (where else?). And I hope that those snow drifts and such seen in concept artwork will be "said snow" and not artificial snow. It definitely seems that this is the case because, in both the "flying tour" and the virtual tour of Hogsmeade, there is none of that snow featured in the concept art.

Oh I know what I forgot to mention that I saw. It may just be the piece off broomsticks that got shaved but on the main entrance side through the crack I did see what looked like a big piece of the snow laying on the ground. Just thought you may find that interesting since we are talking snow

Oh I know what I forgot to mention that I saw. It may just be the piece off broomsticks that got shaved but on the main entrance side through the crack I did see what looked like a big piece of the snow laying on the ground. Just thought you may find that interesting since we are talking snow

Hopefully that's the case!

Oh thats very interesting dsb! If my memory is correct, the concept art showed the buildings all lined with snow so a chunk on the floor is a positive thing. I really hope its going to snow in Hogsmeade.

The snow was also very difficult. We really wanted to have snow everywhere, creating the most amazing snowscape and that cold Scottish feeling. Psychologically the snow creates a sense of a lower temperature. To try and bring that cold to Orlando, that is quite hard. In the end, I hope what we created gives guests a good experience!

I really hope they have falling snow, I do! ...but, reading this, I think he is talking about the fake snow on the roofs (That's why he says we'll get a psychological feeling, and not a physical feeling of cold). I'm pretty sure they would announce some "cool" feature (pun intended) like falling snow or outside air cooling that gave us a physical feeling of cold. It's one of those "my heart wants this, but my brain says that" things :( ... I want falling snow but I doubt we'll get it at this point. I think that we should all take the time to fill out surveys if we get the chance to, and make sure to nag them for falling snow. Then maybe by the winter they might consider putting something in (once they have started to make back some money).

Last edited:
Yes, I personally think it's likely that there will be some form of fake snow, most likely of the bubble variety. I've never tried to catch it on my tongue, but it's definitely non-toxic.

The effect might only be used at night, where the lights (and the absence of bright blue sunny sky) will help the effect significantly.

(You may take my post at face value. There's no built in riddle or secret insider knowledge that I'm playing coy with.)

Last edited:

To me that just sounds like they have compromised the snow idea, for something maybe as bad as the bubbles at Disney :'(

What were you guys expecting? I am pretty sure there were never plans to have actual snow falling anywhere in twwohp. At best they would have piles of shaved ice around Hogsmeade. But they would last only a couple of hours and then they would have to truck in more and shovel it into place. Now how magical would that be?
And as far as cooling down all of Hogsmeade. Well, I don't even know what to say about that concept.

Last edited:
I'll be in Florida on the 28th - 30th. Please tell me I'll be ale to experience Potterverse! PLEASE! I do not want to wait another year or two. Will it only be open to package holders??????????????

What were you guys expecting? I am pretty sure there were never plans to have actual snow falling anywhere in twwohp. At best they would have piles of shaved ice around Hogsmeade. But they would last only a couple of hours and then they would have to truck in more and shovel it into place. Now how magical would that be?
And as far as cooling down all of Hogsmeade. Well, I don't even know what to say about that concept.

I never really expected them to have constant snow that would be so pointless its only possible for it to snow november - may in scotland.

Ok, just got home and got caught up. All I can say is WOW! A 12'x10' base on a ride vehicle that seats 4 is serious stuff.

The Kukas themselves are rather large, so this isn't all that suprising. If you want to see a Kuka in action (without a base) go see The Sum of all Thrills at EPCOT. The size amazed me. Also assuming that FJ will have seats similar to those on SOAT, you can see how well you fit into them with their test seat. The seats are rather tight and they really did not have a restraint system, but rather a "hood" that came down in front of you with a video screen on it. From what I hear about FJ I'm sure that it will have some type of restraint system though.

:bang: I'm sorry I'm so impatient but I'm freaking out right now!!!!!!!!!! I am a yes or no away from visiting the wizard world and I'm just wondering if on the dates between the 28th and 30th if I will be able to go in. :bang: