The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 300 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Being home, I decided to take a spin around the parks today with a friend. It was a great day overall, Mythos pork loin being a highlight, but I know you all want to hear about Harry Potter stuff...

Upon reaching HP island we decided to do the customary standing on a planter squint. A few important people were running around attending to this and that (later, I saw a person unlock and bravely enter the mandrake cages. I never saw him emerge.) but there wasn't really anyone enjoying the shops. I was positioned just right to see the Dominic Maestro's display go off from across Hogsmeade even thought I didn't know what was happening at the time. We walked around to ride deuling dragons and got some nice quick views of Hogsmeade. While walking through, I looked back and could see the shop window for Dominic Maestros and that's how I figured out what I had seen earlier. It really struck me that these shop fronts aren't just pretty and full of detail, but they actually have depth and levels of detail that look astoundingly good.

Now, here's where I have a bone to pick. Security. A female attendent sees me staring around, and the first words out of her mouth are "NO LOOKING! and no photography!" She says this like she has a stick between her cheeks, and I just look at her, grin, and shake my head before slowly sauntering off. Very rude. Later, that same woman/girl and another cast member surrounded a person who took a picture and made them delete it. The reports are true! I was amazed that they assigned two cast members to gaurd that area and doors 25ft apart. That's just how serious Universal is.

Once in the line, the only other revelation was the dragon challenge boards are going to be enhanced with projection somehow. The names horntail and fireball were projected onto a white sheet, althought they were strangely projected in a mirrored form so they were funny to read. Also, the white LED flames we've already seen were hidden underneath that white sheet.

Beyond team member previews (the operators told me they work till 10pm tonight), Virgin Airways was celebrating an anniversary at the Hard Rock tonight. I think that there was some talk of a major airline having an event?

Last question, there were a number of well dressed 20-somethings walking around in groups at both parks today accomanied by similarly groomed Universal people. Any clue what that's all about?

This is my first ever post on here, though I have been lurking on this thread for weeks...let me just say you all are awesome. Seriously, where has this forum been all my life?
:]

I am so glad Butterbeer is only 2.99, but I read somewhere that robes are going to be $99?! Does that seem like a ridiculous amount to anyone else?

Robes really are that expensive.... I got one for my teenage daughter 3 years ago for $69 and it was a steal at that time. There are cheap knock-offs, but if you want quality and detail (it has a wand pocket in the lining!:pixiedust:), ya gotta pay the piper. It was worth the money though... she's worn it to every HP movie midnight show and book release, and it has held up nicely.:happy:I believe it was through Alivans.... they do nice work!

This is my first ever post on here, though I have been lurking on this thread for weeks...let me just say you all are awesome. Seriously, where has this forum been all my life?

I am so glad Butterbeer is only 2.99, but I read somewhere that robes are going to be $99?! Does that seem like a ridiculous amount to anyone else?

Welcome ductapemyheartt to the forum, no the robes cannot be that expensive. On less they are of Superior quality......not even that. ????? I think an ok price would be like $60.

Last edited:

Not really. They're made especially for this one place, so they're a one-place deal. They have the monopoly, so they can upcharge.

Welcome! :wave:

Like Jerikw says, price depends on the quality. Seems like the merch in the WWoHP will be top notch, so some things will be quite pricey, plus remember this is a theme park (where things are more expensive than you would usually find at stores)

Last edited:
Guys, the robes ARE $99. They do take AAA discounts so if you have that, that will be good. They are awesome though, Im going to get one anyway... if you think thats a lot wait til you hear the brooms prices haha.

Guys, the robes ARE $99. They do take AAA discounts so if you have that, that will be good. They are awesome though, Im going to get one anyway... if you think thats a lot wait til you hear the brooms prices haha.

I'm gonna guess somewhere between 150 and 250 bucks?
I'm glad they'll take AAA discounts. I heard / read somewhere that the WWoHP won't offer AP discounts.

I'm gonna guess somewhere between 150 and 250 bucks?
I'm glad they'll take AAA discounts. I heard / read somewhere that the WWoHP won't offer AP discounts.

actually it says so on the universal website...

for preferred:
"10% saving at Universal Orlando owned & operated merchandise stores and carts (excluding Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The Coin mint and Mystics of the Seven Veils)."

for premier:
"20% savings at Universal Orlando owned & operated merchandise stores and carts (Excluding Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The Coin Mint and Mystics of Seven Veils)"

lame :(

actually it says so on the universal website...

for preferred:
"10% saving at Universal Orlando owned & operated merchandise stores and carts (excluding Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The Coin mint and Mystics of the Seven Veils)."

for premier:
"20% savings at Universal Orlando owned & operated merchandise stores and carts (Excluding Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The Coin Mint and Mystics of Seven Veils)"

lame :(

THAT's where I read it :p Sucks, doesn't it?

I'm shocked that someone asked when the WW is opening on a WW Facebook fan page. How can people be so oblivious?

YAY PAGE 400!! :happy: We're sooooo close now! I bet we'll make it to 475 before softs. haha
Edit: Oh, and someone's about to get post [HASHTAG]#6000[/HASHTAG]

I'm shocked that someone asked when the WW is opening on a WW Facebook fan page. How can people be so oblivious?

YAY PAGE 400!! :happy: We're sooooo close now! I bet we'll make it to 475 before softs. haha
Edit: Oh, and someone's about to get post #6000

ill take it