The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 301 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OK, I asked this before... am I the only one going with the May package? Just wondering if I'll get in ahead of all you diehards!:p
(that should get a rise out of y'all!):rofl:

No that won't get a rise out of anyone since either public soft will be starting the same day package people can get in or there is even rumored talk of even before the 28th not to mention pass holder previews should be before you get here. lol so no rise at all :p

Ok everyone I am going to bed. I will have a few live tweets but I do need to conserve my battery for some reason I can't express. Anything decent I will have my camera with but don't expect me to risk my butt with the security from hell too much I don't need to cause a fuse even thought I could. I mean really "Don't look" ok I will keep my eyes closed & when I trip & fall on my ___ I will sue the __ out of you lol ;-) I mean it just really ridiculous how they are treating people who payed good money to spend their vacation there. Most of whom thought the stupid thing would be open already & just want a few pics of the place since they are screwed from going inside. oh well goodnight everyone.

jerikw you are going to be ahead of most diehards haha. Thats exciting though that you booked so early.
You have no idea how obsessed my daughter is with HP..... As soon as the packages were available, we booked. And we're bringing my other daughter and their 4 friends, as well. Major Potterheads.... They will certainly be the target audience IOA wanted, and will also be the harshest critics if something is not up to par! I've been keeping these boards to myself because they want to be suprised, but I'm more excited than they are right now with all I've read and seen! Sirius Black posters that move.....:faint:

oh jerikw I know exactly what youre talking about. Im apart of that whole potter generation- I grew up with it and have been obsessed with it sense I can remember. This is certainly a dream come true experience so your daughter should be excited and be giving you everything forever for getting her the package right away. Im thinking that more people will be coming the closer to opening it gets so youll be very lucky especially if the area is not that crowded and you can read fj. It is definitly people that are diehards that they want to please because I mean look at how authentic this is going to be. It should be like walking into the books or movies (whichever you prefer haha).

yeah they do. Im always afraid to take a picture even when its by the giant greenhouse fence. Everytime a guard walks by I feel like they are coming at the picture takers haha. Its pretty intimidating even though they arent cops. Ugh they need to chill in some ways. I can understand why they dont want the pics but some of the people are scary when the guests stick a camera over a wall and like 4 tms come out and make them erase it. Its scary but understandable. If they calmed down though it wouldnt be scary to take a picture in an allowed location (at least in my opinion haha)

Since I am not quite in bed yet just wanted to add. All they really need to do (DD is your main example) is to use those nice signs they had for the parties & place them at the start of the queue. With this (or even without) first ask nicely for us not to take pics. Than little by little you get louder if by they continue to ignore the TM have the TM warn them once more by saying if you don't stop I will have to call security. They just don't know how to handle them self & UO is telling the TMs to be grade A A Holes about it even when just a nice please stop would work on most. Some TMs are better than others but they really don't have their act together. Last thing for the night my personal thought is as long as the are not reaching over a wall why not let people take a few pics is it really that big of a deal? Most of these people (besides us) are just doing it because they are on vacation & won't make it back until who knows when. Like I said these people expected the area to be open already so let them take a few pics for heavens sake & maybe not be such jerks so they will want to come back & give you more money. Universal I hope you read this post & learn some manors from it about how you should handle things. (good night & c'ya after I get home today if I'm not too tired)

MAJOR UPDATE from @justmikeyhrc:

So I totally gave a tour of the Hard Rock tonight to the actor that plays Neville Longbottom in the Potter movies. The actor that played......Hagrid didn't feel like walking around at all so he didn't join in the tour. Really nice guy(Neville), and in to the Beatles! And the actors that playe the Weasley twins that were in the Cafe last night, were in the same private party as well.

(This is big news indeed for who is in town to tape things maybe if I am lucky I will run into someone today eeek & good night)

Last edited:
oh jerikw I know exactly what youre talking about. Im apart of that whole potter generation- I grew up with it and have been obsessed with it sense I can remember. This is certainly a dream come true experience so your daughter should be excited and be giving you everything forever for getting her the package right away. Im thinking that more people will be coming the closer to opening it gets so youll be very lucky especially if the area is not that crowded and you can read fj. It is definitly people that are diehards that they want to please because I mean look at how authentic this is going to be. It should be like walking into the books or movies (whichever you prefer haha).
Thanks Shamu Trainer.... funny.... my other daughter is a major "Free Willy" fan to this day. We did the Shamu breakfast when she was three! For her 15th birthday she asked for the FW trilogy.....She would love to be a marine biologist, but is petrified of sharks..... but I digress!!!
It looks like the attention paid to detail is really paying off at WWoHP. Some of what I've read is just mind boggling. I can't wait to see the talking letter at the Owl Post and the dusty boxes at Olivander's....and I'd pay money to see dementors chasing obnoxious small children out of the park.
And it would be just awesome if the Weasley twins would stick around for the May 28th opening!!!! Can you imagine??? My daughter has a life-sized stand up of Ron Weasley in her room.... it feels like he lives with us!
So what are you looking forward to the most?

Guys, the robes ARE $99. They do take AAA discounts so if you have that, that will be good. They are awesome though, Im going to get one anyway... if you think thats a lot wait til you hear the brooms prices haha.

Well I think they are covering all of their marketing rear ends here. (And I can't really blame them.)

One essential element of sales/marketing is to have items at various price points so that you can extract as much discretionary income as you are able. People have come into the parks and most have a certain amount of money they have set aside to spend on 'stuff' during the day, common knowledge right? Some are loaded and have lots to spend, some are less fortunate and may only have a few bucks.

The marketer's job here is to ensure that they entice you to spend that money whether you have lots or little. Therefore they HAVE to have very inexpensive items up to moderately priced ones. However, all good marketers realize that they should also have expensive items as well. Not only does it mean you'll get the richies to unload some big bucks, it also gives others something to save for in the future, if they're huge fans. It also ensures a consistent draw in the future as people won't assume there's nothing but cheap touristy crap inside. (Much like how Disney has watch, jewelry and art shops in its parks.)

SO! Don't blame them. There will be plenty of things to buy at every price point, I'm sure of it.

My big question. I wonder if JK gets a cut of all merchandise and HP related food item sold. I can't see how she would pass on these royalties. Thinking it might be like 20%? This could be an(other) absolute gold mine for her.

Ok rambled on a bit here. ;) Gimme a break, just had me morning caffeine!

every time i read potterhead i always think it says pothead. :lol: it always catches me off guard and make me go what did he/she just say

LOL The Lex & Terry Show (on WJRR here in Orlando) does a segment called "Harry Pothead". A listener volunteers to smoke some, and then read passages from one of the Potter books. It can be quite funny at times.

With all the extra details, it really does look like we're going to have to run to WWOHP at rope drop, ride the rides, and avoid the area like the plague until late in the evening! :pound:

Looking at this photo, is the entrance to FOTH under the track? http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6927/hpaerials2076.jpg just planning our attack on the area!

Yeah, that's what Im planning to do. Im not even going to stop for a butter beer. Maybe they will have them for sale while I wait in line for the FJ. After that I will probably hit DC..and then check out some of the stores. Then it's JP, DDRF, Popeye...a quick change of clothes...Spiderman, Hulk...and then were are out. Souds like a good day at the park!