The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 303 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I see the books as a possiblity but I cant see the movies being sold though.

Im curious as to why all of a sudden people seem to think Jo is a money hog. Its her product and should be entitled to whatever profits shes entitled to. If she is given a percentage or a flat fee I think its justified and afterall its her creation.

Claymax, what makes you think butterbeer is cheaper than coke syrup?

Last edited:
I thought we were done with this coke thing. Its not like wwohp is the first island you come across in the park. If somebody wants a soda get it in suess island or jurassic park and walk into wwohp with it. Who really likes coke that much? One island doesnt have sodas and people go crazy!

They arent going to stop you at the gate with a coke detector. Its not a big deal and its more of an immersive experience in my opinion. I wish this coke thing hadnt leaked...

Are you going to see any other parks besides Universal while you are here...Obviously you are huge Potter fans, but to come all this way and not visit Disney one day seems like a missed oppertunity.

IS this your first time in Orlando/Universal/Disney? If it is, have fun!

Yes, this is our first time in USA, but we have visited Disney in Paris, so we decided to skip it in Orlando - this time. And yes, I'm a huge Potter fan and I also run the Finnish Harry Potter fansite. This is actually a Site Inspection Visit as I'm starting to organize Harry Potter fan trips from Finland next February. So I'll be back with lots of Finnish Potter fans. Maybe I'll be able to visit Disney then. :)

I see the books as a possiblity but I cant see the movies being sold though.

Im curious as to why all of a sudden people seem to think Jo is a money hog. Its her product and should be entitled to whatever profits shes entitled to. If she is given a percentage or a flat fee I think its justified and afterall its her creation.

Butterbeer Syrup is cheaper because they don't have to buy it...or pay Coke for it. Now its possible they are paying a 3rd party to make it for them...so Im sure it's not saving them too much money.

and I never said she was a "money hog" ...just that she was going to make a LOT of money...but it also cost a lot of money to build soo...

Not selling the books and movies in the park is a wasted oppertunity. The characters on the Harry Potter ride and park are based on the movies. They didnt hire new actors. Im pretty sure both will be available for sale.

--- Update ---

Yes, this is our first time in USA, but we have visited Disney in Paris, so we decided to skip it in Orlando - this time. And yes, I'm a huge Potter fan and I also run the Finnish Harry Potter fansite. This is actually a Site Inspection Visit as I'm starting to organize Harry Potter fan trips from Finland next February. So I'll be back with lots of Finnish Potter fans. Maybe I'll be able to visit Disney then. :)

That's awesome! Good luck with your venture and enjoy Orlando!

Im curious as to why all of a sudden people seem to think Jo is a money hog.

As Rhino's mentioned...

Coke's Coca-Cola is the gold class standard for all bottlers (soda distributors). As such it has a premium price compared to say RC Cola or private label soft drinks such as Walmart's brand. Part of the higher price is marketing costs but part of it is profit margin as it's the most desired by consumers.

Butterbeer will be cheaper as they are not paying extra fees on top of material costs and any overhead. It might not seem like much for one or two boxes or tanks of syrup but seeing as it's such a high margin item, this will add up quickly.

And who said anything about her being a money hog? Neither of us said anything about her being greedy, far from it. We were simply figuring out the potential for this gold mine and enjoying it vicariously. As I mentioned previously, I think she has every right to make whatever she can. It's all her creation after all.

yeah, seriously for creating this rich universe she deserves to be a millionaire. One day she may actually be able to afford to build a real caslte for herself..one where you can actually walk in the courtyard. lol.

EDIt...it's easy to seperate the Potter fanatics from the Theme Park fanatics in this thread. Where Im more interested in how the actual operations will work (not having Coke products,the cost and availability of merch, the small size of the stores, the ability to take pictures with characters) the Potter fans just want whatever JK wants..and are only interested in being "completely immersed" in the world. :lol:

At the end of the day, it's still a theme park..and a theme park is a business just like McDonalds or Wal-Mart is a business.

Last edited:
from orlandosmiles on youtube:

"Hi Caleb here is the order of rooms in the line for Forbidden Journey inside Hogwarts: You enter in the dungean where you can over hear portions class going on..."

Is it safe to assume that they meant to type potions, rather than "portions," and is it also safe to assume that Professor Snape (Alan Rickman)'s voice will be heard in the queue after all?

Well, they misspelled dungeon and overhear so I would hazard a guess and say 'portions' is another typo.

No idea on Alan Rickman but I sure hope so. He's always been one of my favs.

i read on that disney blog thing that there were seats for the FJ outside the queue and that the guy that sat in it was too big for the seat and his chest size is 52 inches. off topic but do you think that if i fit into the dragon challenge seats then i will fit into the fj seats? i go in a month and am starting a crash diet right now. how embarresing that would be if i went to ride it and they said i cant go on cause im to big. never happened before but this guy says those are the dimentions for the seat. what do you guys think

i read on that disney blog thing that there were seats for the FJ outside the queue and that the guy that sat in it was too big for the seat and his chest size is 52 inches. off topic but do you think that if i fit into the dragon challenge seats then i will fit into the fj seats? i go in a month and am starting a crash diet right now. how embarresing that would be if i went to ride it and they said i cant go on cause im to big. never happened before but this guy says those are the dimentions for the seat. what do you guys think

yeah I read that miaballaa......
I'm afraid i have the same problem, and my only chance to go there is within the next 2 weeks.. so I guess a crash-diet isnt gonna work for me...

Well atleast there's no strappiethingy between the leg, I guess that helps a bit..

for what its worth, I think if you can ride hulk/dueling dragon/etc you should be able to ride this too!

Well this should clear several recent debates up, from @StruveBrandon:
It's funny watching message boards argue about WWoHP... FYI, the no Coke thing is true, and they sell both the books and movies in FJ shop.

yeah I read that miaballaa......
I'm afraid i have the same problem, and my only chance to go there is within the next 2 weeks.. so I guess a crash-diet isnt gonna work for me...

Well atleast there's no strappiethingy between the leg, I guess that helps a bit..

for what its worth, I think if you can ride hulk/dueling dragon/etc you should be able to ride this too!

Yeah i can fit in all those, of course there a bit snug but idk...sucks they should make it bigger cause theres a lot of heavy people. i guess we should know by the 28th of what peoples opinions are on these seats when the first riders give us details..

Well this should clear several recent debates up, from @StruveBrandon:

:wave: Brandon

--- Update ---

[/COLOR]
Yeah i can fit in all those, of course there a bit snug but idk...sucks they should make it bigger cause theres a lot of heavy people. i guess we should know by the 28th of what peoples opinions are on these seats when the first riders give us details..

you may be able to "fit" but I thought the main issue was due to "weight" not size. The Kuka arms can only hold so much. I guess you could always just take a cart to yourself though...

:wave: Brandon

--- Update ---

[/COLOR]

you may be able to "fit" but I thought the main issue was due to "weight" not size. The Kuka arms can only hold so much. I guess you could always just take a cart to yourself though...

if it's mainly a weight thingy, I'l gladlyl take a cart to myself..

I doubt its that easy tho.... I dnow why, I just doubt it :p

yeah... the legoland limit is 220 pounds for the adult robocoaster I believe. So... has anyone that has been able to tour FJ queue seen a weight limit sign? That is almost wild that we will all be stepping on a scale in the queue at the load area.

if it's mainly a weight thingy, I'l gladlyl take a cart to myself..

I doubt its that easy tho.... I dnow why, I just doubt it :p

oh yeah i will take that damn thing to myself anyday...and i think im just making myself paranoid as i am average size which is heavy nowadays, as i have never not fit into any kind of seat so we will see,

on other news, i wonder besides the books and movies if the park will sell like class books like DADA or Potions or history of hogwarts or do they need JKR approval?

--- Update ---

yeah... the legoland limit is 220 pounds for the adult robocoaster I believe. So... has anyone that has been able to tour FJ queue seen a weight limit sign? That is almost wild that we will all be stepping on a scale in the queue at the load area.

i doubt there is a weight limit of 220 for the ride cause then many people will not fit..im 240 so i would miss out...

I really doubt its gonna be a 220 limit...
you don't even have to be fat, or even chubby, to go over 220....

if you're a big guy (as in tall) you'll be going towards 220 pretty fast...

aww well, I guess we'll find out soon enough, my hopes have gone down but maybe, by some kind of miracle, I might be able to ride it anyway!

Yea I'm 300 myself, they wouldn't make this a 4 seater if the weight limit wasn't at least close to 1500.