The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 305 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know softs arent officially announced, its just seems rediculous that no one has any idea of when they would start, esspecially since some people have now already been inside. I really cant believe that they would have softs start on Memorial Day weekend with the package holders, that just doesnt make any sense. If no one has ridden FJ yet, why on earth would they choose one of the busiest weekends to open it? Damn, i'm stressed out over this...

I may have made a typo there. I'm not sure if he's tweeting on his Twitter but the Staff/Admin will be tweeting on the Orlando_United Twitter any info from him.

You may also want to watch this Twitter. He's attending the preview tonight and may be Tweeting from it. http://twitter.com/jonblain

I know softs arent officially announced, its just seems rediculous that no one has any idea of when they would start, esspecially since some people have now already been inside. I really cant believe that they would have softs start on Memorial Day weekend with the package holders, that just doesnt make any sense. If no one has ridden FJ yet, why on earth would they choose one of the busiest weekends to open it? Damn, i'm stressed out over this...

People HAVE ridden FJ, I can almost garuntee it. People who worked on the ride itself have probably ridden. They would not let it go this long.

so is it only me or do the wands that those orlando smile search people showed in there video kinda piss you guys off... like they look nice but why are they so curvy why are they not a straight piece of wood in all the movies i dont ever remember seeing someone having a wand that was so curvy as theres ... im still gunna buy a wand and definitely going to get the one that chooses me just because it chooses me lol but that kinda pissed me off a little bit

so is it only me or do the wands that those orlando smile search people showed in there video kinda piss you guys off... like they look nice but why are they so curvy why are they not a straight piece of wood in all the movies i dont ever remember seeing someone having a wand that was so curvy as theres ... im still gunna buy a wand and definitely going to get the one that chooses me just because it chooses me lol but that kinda pissed me off a little bit

Many of the evil people had curvy wands... including Voldemort in Order of the Phoenix. Beatrix also had a curvy wand I believe. So, those are evil wands.

OK, so I'm probably delusional, and I know everyone disagrees with this, but if they open on the 28th with just the package people and restrict the number in that part of the park, it would be a good, controlled soft. That is what I was told 2 months ago when I called Universal because I was upset about the grand opening being after the package. They said it would be limited access to package holders only ALL DAY so they could control the numbers. Makes more sense the closer we get to the date! And someone said a few days ago that they were already making only one access point to WWoHP.... so they could keep out anyone but package holders? Maybe it's not fair, but it is sensible to have a controlled number to contend with for the first days of "softs".

OK, so I'm probably delusional, and I know everyone disagrees with this, but if they open on the 28th with just the package people and restrict the number in that part of the park, it would be a good, controlled soft. That is what I was told 2 months ago when I called Universal because I was upset about the grand opening being after the package. They said it would be limited access to package holders only ALL DAY so they could control the numbers. Makes more sense the closer we get to the date! And someone said a few days ago that they were already making only one access point to WWoHP.... so they could keep out anyone but package holders? Maybe it's not fair, but it is sensible to have a controlled number to contend with for the first days of "softs".

You will be completely disappointed by everything in the next two months. You will find nothing but aggravation and deceit in what you have been promised. All will be lost. Release yourself from the WWoHP..... take to the wind and let it go. It is not there. Never was.

so the smile search people are evil lol .. idk i just dont like that design i hope i just get a straight one

Oooooh... the remarks I could make... The innuendo I could offer... the politically incorrect things I could say... Alas... I shall not.

I would like to make a request of anyone going out to these soft openings... if the creative team (or anyone who might know) is on hand for this event like they were for POW WOW, ask why they can't talk about the ride. They may be very willing to tell you their motivations.

Makes me worried I won't be able to fit in there. I'm overweight, but not grossly so, and it sounds to me that things are lookin' pretty bleak. Guess it's time to go on a diet.

I don't believe there is a minimum weight limit to ride FJ.

Not to be argumentative... but there is a weight limit to everything on this earth. There IS a weight limit to the vehicle. We just don't know what it is yet; size may be enough to determine this figure... but is iffy. Four 380lb men or women are not going to allow this robotic arm to carry and perform.

While 1/2 ton would seem reasonable at 1000 pounds. 1 ton at 2000 pounds versus a 500-600 pound counterweight does not seem as such. Call me Miss Guided... but...

Last edited: