The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 315 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Possible the press release is just that press.

It's also possible that this was the original idea before they realized how there was no possible way they could do it.

Think about it 25 people all 25 spend 5 minutes choosing a wand..anyone care to do the math? That's almost 2 hours per group. Now think to your self...how in the world could this actually work?

Just think about it...like I said before a theme park is and always will be a business first.

you just really convinced me with 2 hours per group, your right, it does not make sense to have everybody do it. the bad thing is there just going to pick some little girl or boy who they think is the biggest fan when its people that are older and have read the books fromt he start

Perhaps the POW WOW scared the crap out of them so they went to the back-up plan. I would prefer that it was more like the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and take reservations, guess I'll have to get there first thing in the morning when I go. I wonder how the different wand types will be displayed, just looking at all those damn things will seriously crowd up the real shop.

Yea good point, maybe for the POW WOW they let everyone get chosen, so it makes sense.

But for 5 minutes at a time it would be crazy....oooooh there are going to be a lot of angry people.

I could have sworn the only reason people are saying 25 people in a "group" is because someone posted on a twitter that Ollivander's "looks like" it will hold 25 people comfortably after there was discussion about the shops being rather small.

Oh and Hi I'm new here lol

No it's been confirmed by multiple sources that the shop only holds 25..and has room for about 35 total

that still does not mean they will group you into 25-35 and bring you in for what essentially a show if we are to believe this 1 per group stuff, most buildings have a limit on the number of people that can occupy it at one time.

I don't know where everyone is getting this 5 minutes from. Coupe said 2-3 minutes tops.

2-3 min per person would still be too much.

Another way to look at it...say you don't get picked the first time..you may still buy a wand but you may want to get right back In line..

The guy with the doom avatar is a team member and was at the preview...it's confirmed, time to lower those expectations

If each person got one wrong wand before the right one I don't think it would be 5min per person but maybe more like 2min per person. Also, if we do indeed go in groups of 20-25 people then how is this a "personal and intimate" experience?

I really hope this is not true. I have three children going to WWOHP for their birthday on Grand Opening day and the weekend. Each has their heart set on purchasing the wand that chooses them. Can you imagine me spending an entire day going through the line until each of the three children are picked??

I would hope there would be a line for people to purchasing a certificate/token or something that shows they prepaid for a wand and exchange it after the "experience". Guarantee of retail gain and not just an on looker? How about taking in 2 or three people with the token then 17-18 who just want to watch or purchase without the "experience"?

Does this make any sence to anyone but me?

Perhaps the POW WOW scared the crap out of them so they went to the back-up plan. I would prefer that it was more like the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and take reservations, guess I'll have to get there first thing in the morning when I go. I wonder how the different wand types will be displayed, just looking at all those damn things will seriously crowd up the real shop.

I agree, there should be something they can work out. There will be too many upset children to contend with. I am braving the Grand Opening crowds and now it seems it will be a crowd full of crying children too? I hope they work out something.

You guys are just not getting it. 2 minutes 5 minutes 10 minutes...it doesn't make a difference.

1 person per group that is the final answer!

Well still, it would be close to an hour per group.

If it was 1 minute per person, it would be 25 minutes a group.

Which would mean, lets say the park is open 10 hours a day:

80 hours a day
4800 minutes a day
There is a 25 minute interval 192 times a day.
25 minutes = 25 people
Which means

4800 people could pass through and have a wand chosen every 1 minute
2400 people every 2 minutes
1600 people every 3 minutes
1200 people every 4 minutes
960 people every 5 minutes <---at this rate UO would only make $23,990 a day and that is IF the person choses to buy the wand.

I'm going for a 1 out of 25 will be chosen to pick a wand.

Regardless if they do one person at a time, or one per group, if the experience takes 5 minutes, only 960 a day will have a wand choose them, and at $24.99 UO is still making a pretty penny. And in a theme park with a capacity of 20 - 30,000 and 960 getting a wand, I doubt only 3% of all people in the park will be able to see the experience.

So 960 will get a wand, but 4800 will get to see it, still a very exclusive experience.

I seem to be the only realist on this board.

I still can't believe no Coke products but then I figured out that they make their own refreshments hence saving them $1,000s a day on distribution fees to coke. JK is a true genius!!

You guys are just not getting it. 2 minutes 5 minutes 10 minutes...it doesn't make a difference.

1 person per group that is the final answer!

You need to chill. I said already that I agreed that they were doing 1 per group. I was just saying the show wasn't 5 minutes. I don't mean to start anything, but you're always quick to jump all over me, or anyone else who disagrees with you posts anything.

Last edited:
The guy with the doom avatar is a team member and was at the preview...it's confirmed, time to lower those expectations

Long time lurker, first time poster. I work with Latveria, and was with him at the preview. Olivander's was definately, how should I say it, "intimate," but it was really impressive.

I'm pretty sure the quote was 2-5 minutes...and i wasn't jumping down your throat, I don't even know what poster you are. When did I yell at you before?

I just find it funny that people refuse to believe what is so easily understandable and rational.

If you wait in line for 60 minutes you will be pretty upset if the whole experience only lasts 2z

Read the numbers I posted above people, there is no way only 3% of the total park capacity will see this and experience it. Guest Services will hear it forever.

I wanted to confirm also that I heard one per group & good luck to any adults that want to be "picked". With this said I am not leaving the store until I get the experience myself because THAT'S WHAT I AM STANDING IN LINE FOR! Sorry if that sounds like me being a jerk but I am sure the older potter fans will agree they don't want to spend hrs. in line to see a "show" to have some 10 yr. old be able to make things happen in the store & not them. They will need to find a happy medium where of sort if you want to have that experience you can without being picked by the wand keeper randomly after standing in line your 50th time. Because weather it's your kid or a hardcore fan not being picked there will be more than 1 per group that "demands" to have the experience.

Last edited: