The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 317 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Absolutely see your point about not knowing.

But I doubt they'll have different cards. These flavors are identical to the ones that have been for sale for years. Right down to the order of listing the flavors. If it's like they've done for the last few years, they'll have different varieties with each size. Some crossover of course but the widest variety will come with the purchase of the largest container.

And I remember ear wax and some others from the larger boxes I used to buy. So I'm sure anything mentioned in the films will be in one of the different offerings.

Last edited:
if you're in front of your tv local 6 is going to show footage from the gangs visit today

just saw a clip of emma drinking butter beer with a foam mustache lol

wesh already has video on their site

http://www.wesh.com/video/23625196/index.html

2nuob34.jpg

15n2cmg.jpg

would love if one of our news peeps could get the unedited footage and post it. looks like it was shot by universal and released to the media

Last edited:
VacationTalkRocks! you hit the nail on the head & I remember your story (I think your the right person) about wanting to know about the new line system at Jedi Training so glad everything worked out for you. This is point that even Disney realized using the force to chose was a bad idea.

You know, I think UO has painted themselves into a bit of a corner with Olivander's. The math is irrefutable; they cannot give every person a chance to test wands. That being said, the only guests I can see being happy with the current system are those in single-child families. I don't care how good your kids are, one being selected for the experience over the other(s) is going to cause friction. I don't think childless groups have a prayer; it's going to be about the kids.

My prediction: They end up selecting 2-4 people from each group of 25 to have the experience. To compensate, all "wrong wand" effects and shopkeeper questions will be removed. Perhaps they'll keep a single wrong wand for a single person per group.If/when the insane crowds die down, they may bring some effects back. I think nerfing the experience like this will be a shame, but I see no alternative.

Darn... I feel somewhat in the dark tonight... my Cranes are busy packing for a trip to California tomorrow. Seems they have developed a taste for west coast Orca as east coast Orca is somewhat snappy and unpredictable as of late. What ever will Teebin do with out those informative Cranes.

My prediction: They end up selecting 2-4 people from each group of 25 to have the experience. To compensate, all "wrong wand" effects and shopkeeper questions will be removed. Perhaps they'll keep a single wrong wand for a single person per group.If/when the insane crowds die down, they may bring some effects back. I think nerfing the experience like this will be a shame, but I see no alternative.

Right... this is going to get honed down as best they can... your statements above are very good possibilities.

Last edited:
Hmm.

What about everyone gets a shot at the wand, 'Sword in the Stone' style, fairly briskly moving down the line, maybe a couple going at once. Whoever it goes crazy effect-wise in a good way for, is the chosen one.

This way they could still say, well you did try but you just didn't find the right wand. And someone could say the wand chose them.

A rather slippery solution but was trying to think of other ways to involve everyone and kind of keep to what they advertised.

from what I've read there is a series of beans, so not every box is the same

for instance that card didn't really have any of the real nasty ones like earwax and vomit

If someone has a picture of the Bertie Bot display from the Honeyduke's window they can match the display with what will be sold. Everything in the village windows has a purpose. Pepperoni pizza is interesting and almost delicious, but cheese is the most terrible taste created.

Last commen on this wand issue...I think most people will be so excited to see the store interact with that wand that they won't even care who gets chosen.

Whatever happened to that interactive system that was rumored to be in the park. Like you could buy a wand and use it around the park on different objects? What happened to that idea? They would have sold a ton of wands if that was a possibility

New photo from Universal's Facebook:

30238_392907047851_90867402851_4251690_7847710_n.jpg

Harry Potter film stars Emma Watson, Robbie Coltrane, James and Oliver Phelps and Matthew Lewis are delighted by a window display at Honeydukes at Universal Orlando’s The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The sweetshop brings to life mouth-watering treats and candies from the popular books and films. During their sneak peek tour, the group was joined by Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter grand opens June 18.

They won't dumb down the spiel whatsoever. It will become a pay experience where you have to pay before to have the wand choose you and the price you pay includes the wand price. That way people don't feel obligated to purchase the wand and 2. It filters out the people who REALLY want the experience versus someone watching it.

--- Update ---

emma drinking butter beer with a foam mustache

http://www.wesh.com/video/23625196/index.html

*doing my best homer simpson impression when he sees a donut*

:jaw::faint::drool5:

Last commen on this wand issue...I think most people will be so excited to see the store interact with that wand that they won't even care who gets chosen.

Whatever happened to that interactive system that was rumored to be in the park. Like you could buy a wand and use it around the park on different objects? What happened to that idea? They would have sold a ton of wands if that was a possibility

Coupe said, "We're looking into it." Which means, "We thought about it, but can't afford it right now."