The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 318 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They won't dumb down the spiel whatsoever. It will become a pay experience where you have to pay before to have the wand choose you and the price you pay includes the wand price. That way people don't feel obligated to purchase the wand and 2. It filters out the people who REALLY want the experience versus someone watching it.

So going in, I'd know that since I didn't pay extra I'm just there for the show. And if I did pay, I'd get a wand to choose me? I'm pretty ok with that.

this is what i dont understand about the wand experience... if only one person gets to have the wand choose them out of 25 then they have the opportunity to buy there wand ... sooo then what do the people that didnt get to be chosen buy if they want a wand

About the Ollivander's issue...I feel like I read somewhere that there will be multiple shop keepers in the shop at once, therefore multiple people can have the experience...

As an avid reader of the books, I am going to be highly bummed if I am not able to experience the wand choosing me! Haha!

Well its already been confirmed its 1 out of 25 experiencing the wand selection.

But I truly believe this will be something you make a reservation for in the future and pay ahead of time. I'm sure the experience is what it is right now because JKR wanted it this way. But once the area has been open for a while, they'll have to go back and look at logistics on what can be improved to not only make the experience better but to make more money.

About the Ollivander's issue...I feel like I read somewhere that there will be multiple shop keepers in the shop at once, therefore multiple people can have the experience...

As an avid reader of the books, I am going to be highly bummed if I am not able to experience the wand choosing me! Haha!

from what i've read from the previews..the store itself interacts with the wand..a wind blows when the wand has chosen..so how would you be able to do that with multiple people? Also if the store is that small, then there wouldnt be room for a lot of different shop keepers.

EDIT..if you watch that video with the stars of the films, you can clearly see that its a small space, and there is only once counter.

Last edited:
Hi longtime lurker, finally decided to register and post. I have one question for those of you that have been to WWOHP, you all say the shops are small, and as a disabled person whom relies on using a wheelchair at the parks, do you see a normal size wheelchair being a problem in any of the shops? Just for the record I am not asking to make a stink but I do plan on going to visit and I do not want to get my hopes up for visiting say Ollivanders if I am not going to be able to get in and out. This way I can plan my course of attack better. Thanks :)
With the crowds I will say right now you can and may experience maneuverability problems. Yes they are wide enough for a standard wheelchair and a little extra space but to be honest there were moments where I would turn around and accidentally hit someone since we were on top of one another.

i went on that guys twitter fromt he post above and i heard the same thing i read somewhere else. ollivanders is a show type thing where 25 people go in and 1 gets chosen to pick a wand. so does that mean that we all will not get a chance to get the wand.

You be beat me...does make more sense as it should move way quicker than i thought
Yes it is only one member per group and we were there for maybe 3-4 minutes tops. The place is amazing! When the "show" is over you go into the Owlrey/ Dervish and Bangs where you can purchase either a replica wand or an Ollivander's wand.

I've just received an owl saying that WWoHP Team Members will start previewing Forbidden Journey tomorrow.
Really where? If you don't want to post publicly PM me.......I have received no word about this.

From Universal's Facebook:

30238_392931417851_90867402851_4252209_994765_n.jpg

Harry Potter film stars Emma Watson, Robbie Coltrane, James and Oliver Phelps and Matthew Lewis got a sneak peek tour of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The group was invited by Universal Orlando Resort for a first-look at the immersive environment. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter grand opens June 18.

I seem to be the only realist on this board.

I still can't believe no Coke products but then I figured out that they make their own refreshments hence saving them $1,000s a day on distribution fees to coke. JK is a true genius!!

Wow! The only realist on this board? Don't be so arrogant… I held myself back the other day with the Coke conversation but I've had enough of this.

1. You are just making GUESSES based on a TM preview that lasted 3 hours. They probably made a special arrangement so that more TMs got to experience Olivander’s if not themselves personally but at least being able to observe the experience in person. So using this as reference is NOT realistic; it’s making an unsupported assumption. That was a SPECIAL event in EXTRAORDINARY circumstances.

2. Stop insinuating that Jo Rowling is making decisions for maximum profitability. It's INSULTING and that is NOT the case! She was involved as a consultant. Universal went to her for advice and guidance. They want her input and approval to achieve the highest level of authenticity possible. Why? Because they trust and respect her word, and because want to get this right for the main demographic: HP fans. Regarding the Coke thing specifically, Jo Rowling asked that no Coke products be sold for AUTHENTICITY's sake, for respect of her world and in doing so pleasing the fans of her world, WHICH IS WHAT UNIVERSAL WANTS. In no way is she or Universal making more money because they don't sell Coke products! If they sold everything they sell now plus Coke products, Universal would actually make more profit, and Universal doesn't need to worry about distribution fees because they already have Coke distributed to them! So… WRONG!

A final thought: Jo Rowling owns the copyright for the names and characters in the Harry Potter books and stories, but Warner Brothers owns the franchise so they're probably making more money here than her.

Ok now that I got that out of my system… Sigh… Sorry people on this board for this rant… I had to get it out.

Fair enough, I heard it from someone I trust, but he was probably just misinformed.

And this is why things get out of hand to be honest...... one person says something and thousands believe it to be true...... last night a few of us were told they hope to have us (as in TM) on the ride soon but there doesn't seem to be any set window