The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 316 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
everybody needs to chill, i have this interview i found online with a guy that got a preview of the park and alan gilmore answered all his questions and even said he would film there it has so much detail. great interview..follow the link and the first thing on the page should say exclusive: first pic...and on down is the interview
http://worldofjames.com/

Either way, the way Universal has been wording things they made it sound as if everyone would have a chance to have a wand choose them. If that's not the case and it's just 1 out of 25 people then there are going to be some very unhappy guests in Hogsmead.

25 go in excited...24 come out disappointed. (just exaggerating a bit here but you get my point) :look:

Read the numbers I posted above people, there is no way only 3% of the total park capacity will see this and experience it. Guest Services will hear it forever.

Yeah I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. Should have been a big tip off when we heard only 25 people could fit in a room..and like you said even with only 1 person getting picked..this will still be a very intimate experience and will have long lines in the afternoon.

--- Update ---

I think you are ultimately waiting in line to see this "magic " shop, not to buy a wand. I you want to buy a wand you can, but
it's not required.

We will see how this works out...they may change their mind if too many people complain and do some sort of reservation or voucher.

Here is the question...would you pay to have a wand choose you?

I wouldn't pay for the experience and then pay again for the wand.

And Diz, lets say you do stay in the shop to have a wand choose you. You KNOW the parents of the little kid is going to give you the stink eye if you complain for not being chosen.

More than likely they will print in the Park Map "Come and see the experience of a wand choosing its master and you may be the lucky one chosen!"

I think you are ultimately waiting in line to see this "magic " shop, not to buy a wand. I you want to buy a wand you can, but
it's not required.
We will see how this works out...they may change their mind if too many people complain and do some sort of reservation or voucher.
Here is the question...would you pay to have a wand choose you?

I want to buy a wand but I want the one that chooses me. (That sounds so geeky. LOL)

They should have charged for the experience but have the price include the wand. That would have cut the line down. On a side note, I know it's not the best idea because everyone SHOULD have a chance to experience it but realistically it just can't work in a theme park.

I believe the way that they handle Olivanders is going to change and be modified many many times before they figure out how to get it right. Two years ago I thought they were going to charge people FIRST to have a wand choose them... and not the other way around; kind of like BB Boutique. As this is not the case... they are going to have to find a balance. 1 per group isn't going to work, 25 all getting a chance isn't going to work. I wouldn't be surprised if JKR was very specific about how this would/could work out knowing that all families might not be able to afford a wand.

Again, this is going to change and change and change regardless of how this works in the opening days.

WHile the thing about the wands isn't exactly suprising, it's certainly disappointing especially to the die-hard HP fans like myself. I'd imagine that they'd usually pick the little kid with his parents who doesn't even know as much about Harry Potter, while us hard-core fans are left disappointed.

At least I've got the Infinitus event - hopefully I'll have a better chance of getting a wand then =/.

I go to the Indiana Jones show and don't get picked, I don't leave the amplitheater until I am =(

Agreed

The problem is no matter how Universal does it, people are still going to go to guest relations to pull a moaning myrtle (by this I mean cry). Such is the nature of a theme park. I am sure those who have or still do work at a park on this board know the story of how you ruined someones whole vacation because ride X was closed. Imagine how bad Guest Realtions will be is 15000 kids have thier whole vacation ruined because the poor shopkeeper didnt choose them. I am sure again this will be worked out within the first few days of openeing if not before

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the quote was 2-5 minutes...and i wasn't jumping down your throat, I don't even know what poster you are. When did I yell at you before?

I just find it funny that people refuse to believe what is so easily understandable and rational.

If you wait in line for 60 minutes you will be pretty upset if the whole experience only lasts 2z

Hey man, I just don't like being misquoted. Never said it wasn't 1 per group. Just said it wasn't 5 minutes . And my bad, mistook you for florida828!

Last edited:
Am I the only one trying to figure out how there are 80 hours in a day?

You're right brain fart, here are the corrected number which means EVEN LESS PEOPLE are going to experience this:

Well still, it would be close to an hour per group.

If it was 1 minute per person, it would be 25 minutes a group.

Which would mean, lets say the park is open 10 hours a day:

10 hours a day
600 minutes a day
There is a 25 minute interval 24 times a day.
25 minutes = 25 people
Which means

600 people could pass through and have a wand chosen every 1 minute
300 people every 2 minutes
200 people every 3 minutes
150 people every 4 minutes
120 people every 5 minutes <---at this rate UO would only make $2,998 a day and that is IF the person choses to buy the wand.

I'm going for a 1 out of 25 will be chosen to pick a wand.

Regardless if they do one person at a time, or one per group, if the experience takes 5 minutes, only 960 a day will have a wand choose them, and at $24.99 UO isnt making a pretty penny. And in a theme park with a capacity of 20 - 30,000 and 120 getting a wand, I doubt only .4% of all people in the park will be able to see the experience.

So 120 will get a wand, but 4800 will get to see it, still a very exclusive experience.

Vyrus;111482 So 120 will get a wand said:
I am likened to think that Universal will eventually add a upcharge for this... Perhaps X amount to see the show inside the shop (don't know if you can see it through the windows) and another charge to be the one choosen to have a wand choose you (including the cost of the wand)

back to da beanz

Back to the Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans for a min.

I know, like me, you guys just can't wait to hear what the flavors will be. Oh yeah? Well here they are anyway.

I got a picture of the menu from someone who was there this week.

This is the little card that comes in the boxes we've seen so far from others.

The flavors are the same as the ones currently being sold. They may have more flavors in the larger sized containers.

Still lovin the beans.

HPjellybeans.jpg

I go to the Indiana Jones show and don't get picked, I don't leave the amplitheater until I am =(

Actually your wrong because in this case it's clearly said your standing in line for the stunt show & once you get inside they ask for volunteers. In the case hear it's being advertised the "wand will chose you" not the "wand will chose one small child out of 25 people sorry anyone over 10 who wants to be picked & those of age too bad only one of you get to do this" see my point folks. If you have it stated on the map like was said "see the wand chose it's master who knows it may just be you?" or have a TM CLEARLY stating before you wait in line for hrs. what goes on inside Universal is in the clear. If not trust me no matter if it's a hardcore fan like myself or a crying child who wants to make *enter random effect here* happen in the store & have it choose them this is not going to be good.

I agree DFB.

My son got to go on stage at DHS to battle Vader--he waited in line for an hour to get to do it knowing that as long as he was willing to wait in line that long and as long as the shows didn't end before his turn came that he would get to do it.

Both of my kids were randomly chosen to participate in the Pirate Tutorial with Captain Jack at MK--total surprise and they would have been okay with it if they only got to watch and weren't chosen because they knew going in that's how it worked.

But the way they've been advertising Olivander's is that the wand will choose "you", not the wand will choose some kid/guy you don't know while you stand and watch. They have some major back peddling to do if that's really how this is going to go down.

I thought the whole point was the bean you pick was a surprise

what's the fun if you have a reference card heh

Then don't look at the referance card! :)

I can see why they have those. For one, people are allergic to certain things, and most people want to know what they're eating.

At the moment, i'm thrilled to see the ingredients, because there's no nuts there! That mean I can eat them!

from what I've read there is a series of beans, so not every box is the same

for instance that card didn't really have any of the real nasty ones like earwax and vomit