The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 319 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not even the stars of the movie were allowed to ride...yeah it's just not ready, and in reality it really should have been by now. They don't just fly these stars down here for photoshoots.

Hope they get it up and running in time.

In regards to the Felipe post...ehh not much to say but I'm thinking about this park in a totally different way that you are. While you seem to be getting your emotions about Harry potter take a hold of you, I am simply being realistic. You might believe everything the press releases tell you, but I am a person that likes to get to the real logistics and enjoy the business of theme parks.

Maybe I played a few too many games of Roller Coaster Tycoon in college.

Sure these are all assumptions so far, that's obvious. That doesn't mean these guesses are incorrect. This is all just for discussion so simmer down.

Last edited:
Not even the stars of the movie were allowed to ride...yeah it's just not ready, and in reality it really should have been by now. They don't just fly these stars down here for photoshoots.

Hope they get it up and running in time.

It's not just photoshoots....if you look at the last pic they are clearly all wearing microphones

Yes he was sadly misinformed & Kevin is right just a very few select have been on it & this which includes zero TMs who are actually working at the thing. But there is one point I disagree with I believe if anyone is riding it (which they are) there is a chance the stars got to ride. I mean really it's the stars of the frickin' movie not some stupid travel party or TMs (no offense TMs you know I love ya) so if anyone is riding at all I for one feel this would include the stars as long as the ride itself was working today.

On another note I want to say that when I first go to a pass holder preview ect. I won't be taking pictures unless it's for myself basically of my self for a profile pic & wanted to give you die hards who want pictures a quick reason so you can just be upset with me now. For my 1st time the place is fully open I want a pure experience & to really enjoy & not taking pictures of every small detail because everyone else will do it anyways. I may take a few but expect my big moment for all of you is video/pics of the crowds on June 18th when they are bound to reach capacity. Thanks for understanding because I wanted to warn you of this now.

Well I hope if they flew all this way that they got to ride the FJ...I wonder if they will be here for the grand opening weekend?

Yes he was sadly misinformed & Kevin is right just a very few select have been on it & this which includes zero TMs who are actually working at the thing. But there is one point I disagree with I believe if anyone is riding it (which they are) there is a chance the stars got to ride. I mean really it's the stars of the frickin' movie not some stupid travel party or TMs (no offense TMs you know I love ya) so if anyone is riding at all I for one feel this would include the stars as long as the ride itself was working today.

On another note I want to say that when I first go to a pass holder preview ect. I won't be taking pictures unless it's for myself basically of my self for a profile pic & wanted to give you die hards who want pictures a quick reason so you can just be upset with me now. For my 1st time the place is fully open I want a pure experience & to really enjoy & not taking pictures of every small detail because everyone else will do it anyways. I may take a few but expect my big moment for all of you is video/pics of the crowds on June 18th when they are bound to reach capacity. Thanks for understanding because I wanted to warn you of this now.

Sadly I have to say that there have been select TM that have ridden the ride.....I know this since you hear a few things backstage. Once the ride has passed testing stages I am sure we will be able to hear more.

They were there to do PR they could careless if they ride or not

They clearly weren't dressed to ride it either of course they couldve changed

To those figuring out the numbers for Ollivander's, I wanted to point this out:
- IoA has a maximum capacity.
- IoA has several islands, not just the WWoHP.
- The WWoHP will only have a fraction of IoA's visitors at a time, as big as that fraction may be. Some people WILL be at other parts of IoA.
- Most people will keep moving around the park throughout the day, not everyone will run to Ollivander at the same time, they'll be visiting other stores and rides as well.
- Of those who line up to get the Ollivander's experience, a fraction of them actually want it. There will be many groups where only some of them want to get the a "wand fitting," so lines could be deceiving. For example, there may be a group (family) of 3 in line where only 1, the child, wants a wand. (There will be many scenarios like this.)

Yes, crowds will be insane, but we need to consider these facts as well. There is some hope!

Also, I've heard that wand prices START at around $25 and go up, so we can't accurately even guess profit per day here. I see how it's relevant because I bet Uni wants maximum profit and all, but we can only guess an estimated minimum profit per day, and even that can be altered by many factors... This place has SFX which could have down time as well :-S

emmawand_ww.jpg

emma

I want to look at how awesome that store is, but I can't stop looking at the girl in blue. She is so pretty and radiant. Still that shop is really cool!

In regards to the Felipe post...ehh not much to say but I'm thinking about this park in a totally different way that you are. While you seem to be getting your emotions about Harry potter take a hold of you, I am simply being realistic. You might believe everything the press releases tell you, but I am a person that likes to get to the real logistics and enjoy the business of theme parks.

Maybe I played a few too many games of Roller Coaster Tycoon in college.

Sure these are all assumptions so far, that's obvious. That doesn't mean these guesses are incorrect. This is all just for discussion so simmer down.

Of course I'll get my emotions about Harry Potter and theme parks involved in my way of thinking and my posts (I'm a serious fan of both). But I am also being rational without being arrogant.
I already pointed out how your guesses are not realistic... Once softs start and we get those reports maybe then we'll have a more realistic scenario to take into account.
I never used the press releases as supporting evidence myself, but I would actually trust that as evidence more than the experiences of a select group in a special event that only lasted 3 hours.
I'm not dismissing the option that we could end up with the scenario of groups of people where only one or a few get selected for the experience, but I think it is highly unlikely. You’re assuming this based on an extraordinary event and completely dismissing any other options, calling them unrealistic.

I seriously dislike your arrogance and completely disagree with your point of view that your thinking is the only realistic choice. That's completely delusional...

Oh Teebin your so evil I love it. I am really surprised a pic has come up of them spotted from the temp bridge while taking that pic.

As far as IF a FJ TM has ridden since I have been told I am mistaken. Tell me something if said person did ride how would anyone know since they signed their life away & shouldn't have even told they were on it in the first place. ;-) So considering I do know a rough estimate about how many have been on it & that their lips should be sealed you really shouldn't know if your friend has really indeed been on it or not true? Am I saying your statement is false not at all I'm saying you shouldn't even probably been told such a thing to begin with if it is true.

EDIT: nevermind saw the video

Last edited:
Last edited: