The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 313 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
just wanted to comment on two things. The FJ test seat: Im a small person and I thought the seat felt crowded and a bit claustrophobic.
Ollivanders: its a must do no matter the line wait. I would recommend outrunning everyone at gate open and going to it first because the line started right away every night so far.

Anyone with a package booked want to post a scanned copy of it so we can see what it looks like?:thumbs::pop::pray::inquisitive:

Anyone good with photoshop here? :lol:

just wanted to comment on two things. The FJ test seat: Im a small person and I thought the seat felt crowded and a bit claustrophobic.

I'm curious, what makes FJ more claustrophobic than say, the Hulk? They're both over-the-shoulder restraints. I'm just wondering because I'm somewhat claustrophobic myself.

Universal harrypotter site updated just now.

If you're talking adding your name into the fire and the fly through of Hogsmeade, thats been there for almost a month now.

UPDATE:
Had a few typos there didn't I :lol:

Last edited:
Bad news!

Universalorlando has just raised the price on Harry Potter Packages, I've been watching their website and my one night package with the breakfast in September has gone up by $31.92

interesting...so according to this Mikey guy..out of the 25 people that enter the wand shop only 1 person gets picked to have a wand chosen. This makes a LOT more sense. Originally I thought each individual person had a wand choose them, but it seems like it's just 1 person per group. I finally understand how this works.

Still Im sure some people will be disappointed to wait in line and then not get "picked"

i went on that guys twitter fromt he post above and i heard the same thing i read somewhere else. ollivanders is a show type thing where 25 people go in and 1 gets chosen to pick a wand. so does that mean that we all will not get a chance to get the wand.

You be beat me...does make more sense as it should move way quicker than i thought

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4249606&id=90867402851

Universal's Facebook just posted a picture of some HP film cast members in Hogsmeade.
This was just posted on the Universal Facebook page. Not sure if it had been posted yet or not.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=4249606&id=90867402851

Thanks for the heads up guys! :rep:

don't think this has been posted yet but there's some great recent helicopter shots of the WW on the Theme Park Guys website (May 14th)... http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/harry-potter-theme-park/

Thanks for the heads up you too! :rep: Those are some nice shots and we can see them all set up with the filming equipment.

Disneyhead and I started a trend with Copter shots. :lol:

Definitely did! :D What an awesome idea you guys!

@JustMikeyHRC has posted several photos of purchased merchandise from TWWoHP here: http://twitter.com/justmikeyhrc

Also, according to @OrlandoInformer, Moaning Myrtle could be heard in the restrooms in Hogsmeade during TM Previews.

Thanks! :rep:

PS: Brent thanks for the pics and videos! Can't wait to see the dragon shadows in person! :D

yeah it will move quicker, but it also means only a lucky few will actually have a wand choose them. I'm sure it will disappoint hardcore Potter fans, when some tourist in a Mickey Mouse hat gets picked over them.. L O L

Still this finally makes logistical sense to me. Having a "personal" experience with every single person would have been impossible to pull off.

so is there anybody on here that is going on the 28th with a package, or close to the 28th, if so can you post all the information that we all so badly want, also if FJ is working or not, tell us about those seats

I'm a little confused about the Olivander thing. On the video that the Orlando Smiles people posted after their experience at the Pow Wow event they were both talking about their experiences in Olivanders. They were in there together and both got to have a wand choose them. From the way they were talking they watched each other go through the experience and both of their experiences differed slightly (different effects when it was the 'wrong' wand, etc.) and then they each left with a wand at the end. So was it different for Pow Wow? Or maybe is it just different for TM previews? Which way will it be for the general public?

Good chance that during POW WOW..they realized just how impossible it would be to give everyone that same experience. I think someone from POW WOW even mentioned the line for the shop was huge. It may have been a "special" occasion situation. There is no way this would have worked once the flood gates of people opens.

Like the tweet mentions..it's a "mini-show" and then everyone is carted off to the gift shop where they can buy wands..or not buy wands.

This was a big mystery to me, finally solved.

Next..Why are they doing previews with no one to actually preview the main attraction? Why in the world is FJ not open? and will it be open form Memorial Day Weekend?

Last edited: