The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 334 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
King k, thats awesome to be such a fan but when do you think he will be there? the way you said that is as though he will always be there haha (I know you dont mean that)

Haha. I meant it as.. "I'm so excited to she him there (in the photo)" when it comes to Harry Potter I'm a big fan of the books, and a major fan of the actual movie cast. A lot of people tend to be fans of Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

But I'm always a fan the the awesome supporting british cast. Like.. Jim Broadbent as Horace Slughorn, Robbie Coltane as Hagrid, Ralph Fiennes as Voldy-boy and of course Alan Rickman as Snape.

That's the thing with Ollivanders, we'd much rather be there in a big group and watch the experience happen for a couple of younger guests, than have it on a turn-by-turn system, take hours, and may not even get a chance.

So themeparkfan, it sounds like that may be the answer to the wand dilemma. If the shopkeepers are trained well enough, they can make the wand purchasing experience mirror the Ollivanders experience, minus the special effects. I think that should appease a lot of people, esp. the little kids. You end up with "your special wand". Sounds good to me.

So with all this discussion about fj....

does anyone know anything about express pass for this ride yet? i'm just wondering how much it'll cut down wait time. cuz i have a condition where i have to go bathroom literally every 20-30 minutes..
and last time i went to universal i left nearly in tears cuz i came all the way there and couldnt ride any rides :(

So with all this discussion about fj....

does anyone know anything about express pass for this ride yet? i'm just wondering how much it'll cut down wait time. cuz i have a condition where i have to go bathroom literally every 20-30 minutes..
and last time i went to universal i left nearly in tears cuz i came all the way there and couldnt ride any rides :(

I'd check with guest services in advance, they should be able to accommodate you. I sure would hope so anyways.

I don't mean to sound like a stick in the mud, but this statement made me bust out laughing. Domronr who is barely legal waxing poetic about 6 year olds and life experiences is extremely ironic and amusing. I'm in my 30's, have a wonderful wife of almost 8 years, a great son, awesome job, underwater mortgage and 2 car payments, and I still constantly learn something new about life and the human condition every day. I promise you, until you bring a life into this world and are responsible for the well being of a little person you created, you will NOT fully comprehend the meaning of love and sacifice that are central to Harry's story, so under you reasoning, perhaps only parents should be allowed to experience the wand selection? I also promise you that while 4 - 7 year old's don't have the development of a teenager or adult, they most certainly do understand the basic concepts of love, and right and wrong (even if they don't attribute it to good and evil in a classcal or religous context).

I do not mean to belittle your enthusiasm toward HP in the slightest. You grew up reading Harry's trials and tribulations, all the while going through you own. I'm willing to bet he seems like a trusted friend and Hogwart's almost like a second home. I'm sure if you got the chance to be picked, it woulld fulfill a 12 year dream of yours, as is the whole WWOHP addition. But it's just that- a fulfillment, or ending of a dream. Picking kids to do the wand selection, even kids who haven't read the books, allows new dreams to be created and for their imaginations to be stimulated. To me, creation is more powerful than completion.

And Tis post should end the wand debate totally. I 100 percent agree with everything said here. New dreams are the most important thing in the world. So Thankyou for posting this

I'd check with guest services in advance, they should be able to accommodate you. I sure would hope so anyways.

I really hope they could. but i'd just feel so bad inquiring about that :(
but if i cant wait in line for spider-man using my express pass i know i definitely wont be able to for fj :(

I am extremely discussed that I paid so much to celebrate the birthday of my 3 children at this place. Yes, very nice for a group to wander through with a schedule. Effects and atmosphe of the park might be wonderful but HORRIFIC so far for anyone who paid to be on site and will be there for the Grand Opening with children. I have been planning this trip for a long time and now it is all crumbling down around my ears. This is our first experience with Universal and I am so upset! What my children and I expected for our trip is FAR from what was told to us by Guest Services and UO Hotel Reservations when we booked our vacation to what they said today. My frustration is a combination of what I read on this board but then I called Guest Services to confirm what I was told by them previously and what I read on this board. One thing that doesn't go as we thought would be ok but Everything? That is not acceptable. Sure they might give us park tickets to return at another time but that doesn't pay for the on-site hotel, meal deals, sipper cups, TRAVEL expenses, give my children a legal note to get out of school to return on a date that better suits the park or a promise from my company that I can have vacation time off.

I am upset and actaully angry that what I purchased is up in the air. Hey kids lets just try this out. Skip the big birthday with presents, friends and family. Lets go see if Guest Services was really wrong? We can spend a whole three days getting up at the crack of dawn, waiting in line and hope none of you need to use the bathroom, eat or drink until they finally let us in. Sleep? Well, we have the on-site hotel we can go to when the park gates close but then we loose our place in line and start this over and over again for all of our days at Universal. Ok this is very melodramatic but this is how Universal is making me feel!

I have been mulling over what has been said on this board for a few days. I spoke with Guest Services today at lunch time and I just cannot belive it!!! Not everyone lives just around the corner to come back at a later date. Pretty much we are staying on site but it is a gamble if we get in at all that weekend. I am peeved!! I cannot imagine what to say to my children!

Can you be more specific on what was promised and now is not true because as this sounds to me you booked a trip before the grand openeing and now expect the area to be open for you. Sorry if I am wrong with this

I keep forgetting to ask this, and it may be a ridiculous question, but I don't suppose there are and sugar-free versions of the drinks are there? Butterbeer lite?

I am extremely discussed that I paid so much to celebrate the birthday of my 3 children at this place. Yes, very nice for a group to wander through with a schedule. Effects and atmosphe of the park might be wonderful but HORRIFIC so far for anyone who paid to be on site and will be there for the Grand Opening with children. I have been planning this trip for a long time and now it is all crumbling down around my ears. This is our first experience with Universal and I am so upset! What my children and I expected for our trip is FAR from what was told to us by Guest Services and UO Hotel Reservations when we booked our vacation to what they said today. My frustration is a combination of what I read on this board but then I called Guest Services to confirm what I was told by them previously and what I read on this board. One thing that doesn't go as we thought would be ok but Everything? That is not acceptable. Sure they might give us park tickets to return at another time but that doesn't pay for the on-site hotel, meal deals, sipper cups, TRAVEL expenses, give my children a legal note to get out of school to return on a date that better suits the park or a promise from my company that I can have vacation time off.

I am upset and actaully angry that what I purchased is up in the air. Hey kids lets just try this out. Skip the big birthday with presents, friends and family. Lets go see if Guest Services was really wrong? We can spend a whole three days getting up at the crack of dawn, waiting in line and hope none of you need to use the bathroom, eat or drink until they finally let us in. Sleep? Well, we have the on-site hotel we can go to when the park gates close but then we loose our place in line and start this over and over again for all of our days at Universal. Ok this is very melodramatic but this is how Universal is making me feel!

I have been mulling over what has been said on this board for a few days. I spoke with Guest Services today at lunch time and I just cannot belive it!!! Not everyone lives just around the corner to come back at a later date. Pretty much we are staying on site but it is a gamble if we get in at all that weekend. I am peeved!! I cannot imagine what to say to my children!

I understand your frustration, however if you are going to be here in the first few days of the official opening, you have to understand that this is one of the most highly anticipated ventures in the theme park industry for years. The draw that these stories has is absolutely insane. My advice: if you are staying at one of the Universal hotels, your room key acts as an express pass, and as far as I know it's good for unlimited use. You'll be able to use it once for Forbidden Journey at least...as far as the crowds go, get there early. Good luck! :)

I also have a off the all question that no one has posted. Everyone is talkin about how immersive WWOHP is, I was just wondering if anyone noticed a smoking area off to the side somewhere int eh land or will smokers be foreced to head back into LC or JP? Again just a question thanks :)

For those who are wondering, softs are currently not going on today. From @sweeneyben:
The wizarding world of Harry potter is still closed as of now. Just was at the entrance [HASHTAG]#wwohp[/HASHTAG]

I also have a off the all question that no one has posted. Everyone is talkin about how immersive WWOHP is, I was just wondering if anyone noticed a smoking area off to the side somewhere int eh land or will smokers be foreced to head back into LC or JP? Again just a question thanks :)

The two that I saw were off side the exit of Forbidden Journey and I think there was one on the back patio of Three Broomsticks....I'm basing this off of what the smokers in the group said

Hey, I have been waiting forever to have a wand choose me, and if they choose some 6 year old snot nosed brat instead of me, I'll just pick up the little $?!& and headbut him! BAM!!!! Life lesson learned.

No, seriously. I don't really care how they handle this wand thing. But they have been talking about it being a personal intimate immersive experience. So I assumed it would be a one on one thing. I even think I recall Alan Gilmour talking about it as a one on one thing. I also seem to recall someone saying there would be more than one Shopkeeper.

I don't remember anyone at the Pow Wow saying anything about it being a group thing. Maybe the smiles dude can pop in and tell us how they handled it during the Pow Wow.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else. :lol: From @learntofly3:

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit all over again. :lol:

I thought maybe today would be a soft opening but it doesn't make sense

the tm preview wasn't a typical preview, if they weren't allowed to ride, I don't see guest riding yet. they probably don't have enough hours logged and are probably running the ride around the clock to reach it