The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 374 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Could they perhaps be future rooms for private events? I know that the events department was dying to get some space but it had not been approved by JK.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I was also told that when I check in I will be given " what I need" to access the site. I think it will be linked to the room key, or it will be an actual pass. Whatever it is , it is something that allows me to get in.

I really hope Uni at least opens it up to Premier and other annual passholders. We spend a ton in that park on a yearly basis because every time we go we buy food, etc. So you would think they would want to not just keep hotel guests happy, but also keep AP people happy. Especially Premier people. If you are not going to have a AP preview then they shoud at least let us in to that area during softs.

Just my opinion. You would think Uni would care more about keeping AP holders happy....

How many people want to bet that Teebin posts again tonight?

I'm adding this post in hopes that he won't just to prove me wrong. Good night Teebin. Go to sleep.

..So you just come into this thread now to post nothing pertaining to the subject at hand? Faaaantastic.

Dude, it's an internet forum. Go for a jog or something. If you don't like Teebin, ignore him, take it to pms, or just keep it to yourself. We get it, you don't like the guy.

I really hope Uni at least opens it up to Premier and other annual passholders. We spend a ton in that park on a yearly basis because every time we go we buy food, etc. So you would think they would want to not just keep hotel guests happy, but also keep AP people happy. Especially Premier people. If you are not going to have a AP preview then they shoud at least let us in to that area during softs.

Just my opinion. You would think Uni would care more about keeping AP holders happy....

As a fellow preferred annual pass holder for years running I can't agree with you more on this. It is really going to piss me off if Universal gives its pass holders the cold shoulder.

I don't care who gets to ride first..I just want a ride report already. I'll be going June 20th either way, and I'm sure it will be open for me

I agree. Or, they should offer the passholders private times too. There are many, many people that are planning to go to Orlando that did not book onsite or buy the package and now they are left hanging. Their trips aren't cheap and I know that in today's economy a revisit may not be feasible.

Some passholders, from out of state, were talked out of buying the package since they did not need tickets and they didn't want to do the breakfast , and then booked off site. Talk about mad, and I can't blame them.

Regardless of what happens on Saturday, thank you IndyDenise!

I am also a strong hoper that us measly Power Pass holders may be allowed into the area. It's a low chance, but people have moved mountains with the right words. :)

Yeah, I was very promptly eviscerated back in March in a different non-OU forum when I shared the information I had been given as a package holder (that package holders would be given e-documents allowing only them in). People had been speculating (quite adamantly) that there was no way, no how that WW would not be fully open in soft mode at least one month minimum before the grand opening and that anyone who thought otherwise was completely off their rocker, and that it was completely insane to even suggest that the package holders would actually serve as a controlled soft.

We still don't know exactly how this whole thing is going to go down, but I feel so sorry for those poor soles on that other forum who have now been forced to open their brains up to other-- gasp--possibilities. Oh my.

(sorry. quite sick today and not feeling well at all, so I succumbed to a moment of gloatiness, too. At least I have resisted the urge to go back to that other forum and gloat to the actual people who told me I was insane for suggesting possibilities. Thanks for listening to my gloaty rant. I feel a bit better now.)

Thanks for the support..... will you be there this weekend?? PM me! We can swap stories..... I'll be there Saturday through Monday. Crossed fingers for all we were promised!

*covers head and runs away crying" geez teebin thats the last time I help you!

crazyidea, you cant read movies.... unless you put subtitles on...

vyrus, why would you say that *shifty eyes*

Uhhhhhh, its the only restaurant in the area :smiley:

My entire family have been passholders for five years and they are pretty angry as it is that they havent seen it and package people are coming and it looks as if APers are getting the cold shoulder. Its cool that you guys that are going with the package get an exclusive preview but its still going to infuriate thousands and everyone in the park those days. I can already see the guest service lines full of complaints now. Even though its sad and annoying, I hope you package people have a blast starting friday.

and vyrus I dont believe you.

I'm a preferred AP holder and I guarentee you that if they open it for softs I will get in. The trick is get loud until they give you want. And I know it won't be just me. I will be there every morning at open from now until I get to ride FJ. I will keep everyone updated.

For anyone interested, I have compiled a list of Twitter users who will be participating in the Potter Watch going on over the next couple weeks so people know who to follow and who will be there with them. If any of you are interested in participating, just give @getreadytoride a mention on Twitter, post here when you'll be in the park (I'm going by Morning/Afternoon/Evening to make things easier to follow), and I'll get you on the list. I'll try to keep it as up to date as possible.

Please be day-specific. If you post the day you're at the park, I won't have a chance to add you to the list.

Hope this list helps everyone!

View the Potter Watch list here

Last edited:
How many people want to bet that Teebin posts again tonight?

I'm adding this post in hopes that he won't just to prove me wrong. Good night Teebin. Go to sleep.

WHY do you come on here and ridicule Teebin and call him rude and abrasive when you're the one picking fights? It seems you're trying to disrupt the thread while we are in perfectly fine worlds of speculation and hope. Please stop unless you feel like being constructive. Thank you.

I'm a preferred AP holder and I guarentee you that if they open it for softs I will get in. The trick is get loud until they give you want. And I know it won't be just me. I will be there every morning at open from now until I get to ride FJ. I will keep everyone updated.

For anyone interested, I have compiled a list of Twitter users who will be participating in the Potter Watch going on over the next couple weeks so people know who to follow and who will be there with them. If any of you are interested in participating, just give @getreadytoride a mention on Twitter, post here when you'll be in the park (I'm going by Morning/Afternoon/Evening to make things easier to follow), and I'll get you on the list. I'll try to keep it as up to date as possible.

Please be day-specific. If you post the day you're at the park, I won't have a chance to add you to the list.

Hope this list helps everyone!

View the Potter Watch list here

Thanks guys!

I don't care who gets to ride first..I just want a ride report already. I'll be going June 20th either way, and I'm sure it will be open for me
YES....thank YOU. A simple thumbs up from a credible source would be sufficient. I just want to hear "you laod, and then you _____ to begin"

For the first time in my life, I actually don't want the ride spoiled. I'd love to hear "OH, the basilisk was amazing!" or "Man, those dementors made me **** my pants" or even "Man, that kuka arm did moves I didn't know were possible!" but I don't want to hear what happenned when it happenned. I have no problem knowing whats inside, but I don't want to know the sequence of events on the ride.

Not yet... still comparing it with a "marauder's map" (how apropos) that I have. They are definitely not buttresses, elevator shafts and most likely not stairwells. I believe they are an extension to support the front facade of the great hall, plus attachment points for the steel frame that hold up the courtyard that shot out beyond. By extension, I mean, they didn't need the building any larger on that end (money saver) but did need vertical support for the weights of steel in the great hall.

The picture posted brought me to another question however. Does anyone know where to see the best night time picture of hogwarts lit up at night? Something recent and clear? I need to clear up another new question about that concrete construction picture.

I see, thank you for the insight.

I'm not sure if that person's gallery had all these, I didn't really check it out 100%, but check out these

Thanks! Such a shame though to build that huge thing with nothing inside.....

Yeah, true, but it's all about perspective.

My son is planning on a music business major. Small world, kind of an unusual major.

Yeah it's not offered everywhere or in some places where you might expect, there's very few near me that offer it, but there's plenty in the city (NYC) that do.

If you want to know.

I do! =)