The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 391 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No, who mass produces the beverage, not the container.

All large soft drink companies either own or have relationships with local or regional 'bottlers'. The term bottler dates back from when all drinks were produced in reusable glass bottles, not from the fact that they manufacture bottles.

These days local bottlers make, sell and deliver all manner of carbonated and non-carbonated drinks as well as owning the sole rights to produce and distribute in their area. So while the formulas to make Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice may have been created at Universal, it would not make sense to produce them there (though I'm sure UO retains all rights of manufacture). A local bottler, most likely the local Coke bottler, would be able to produce the products to any spec for much less than anyone else as they have the manufacturing and bottling operations already in place. Bottling production lines are quite large.

- FJ was OPEN during TM previews, she did not ride, but a lot of them did...no pictures allowed though

It's just not true. I know some TM's. They went to the previews. They saw the FJ queue and preshow... some many times. They were not allowed on the attraction. They have told me this IN REAL LIFE. If they were allowed on, but not allowed to talk, they would still say, "yes I got to ride FJ, but I can't tell you about it"

No TM's on preview nights got to ride it. Period.

What's a K - recipe?

In the recipe system, there are 3 type of recipes: K (stands for Production Kitchen, anythign made there and shipped to the other units for direct consumption or use in another recipe), P (Prep, anything that is pre-made or prepared for inclusion in another recipe) and S (Service recipes, which is the recipe for everything that is actually served to the guest, which can include K and P ingredients). Since the recipe system is tied to the ordering, inventory and POS (point of sale terminals), they are able to get an acurate picture of food cost, current usage, spoilage and several other metrics. It's pretty efficient.

The reason why I say if either is a K-recipe is because the S- recipe for Coke includes the cup, lid, straw and a certain amount of ice, a certain amoutn of water and a certain amount of syrup. Ingredients in the recipes that are not made (But ordered from the warehouse) do not have a K or P recipe component in the S recipe, but have their SKU number in the ordering/inventory database.

So it boils down that if the S-recipe for butterbeer and pumpkin juice contains a K or P recipe for the mix/concentrate/syrup (or whatever the heck it is) in the S recipe, then it is made on site. If it has a SKU, someone else is making it.

Wow, whichever TM that wrote that email actually sounds like she knows what she is talking about. I know everyone here has been told one story and then another but at least she doesn't say "we don't know yet" or any of that.

And wow, we are missed while we sleep. :)

I had plans to go this AM for PotterWatch, but had to keep a kid home from school sick. I bet there will be softs today, because that's how things normally go.

I am going to UO on monday, June 14th with friends and family. Hoping for a soft and low wait times for most rides! What do you guys think about that day for softs and wait times? I will try to get some pictures and post them on here when I go.

I don't have access to Twitter at work, so can someone who is following #PotterWatch post any important updates here? Thanks!

--- Update ---

I had plans to go this AM for PotterWatch, but had to keep a kid home from school sick. I bet there will be softs today, because that's how things normally go.

While I'm certainly not the one controlling when those gates swing open, I have heard that you probably don't have too much to fret over today.

Last edited:
Been told from one of my friends that works at wwohp that there will be no soft opening today but TMs may get to preview FJ. Please watch around that area for activity.

My daughter is there right now on her field trip. Bus left around 7 am so I assume they have arrived. I'll post as soon as she texts me. I, personally, don't think it will be open.

Wow look at all those people! Wonder why so many!!

At least we know softs are defo on tomorrow for package holders, some of which I hope will report back with photos!!!!!

BTW where's this 7am come from? I saw IOA opens at 9 as usual tomorrow, plus the package holders get the one hours preview so 8am, but why 7am?

EXACTLY this is why people are off their rocker. Let's say it was going to "Open at 7 for everyone" it would need to open at 6 for package holders. Doing the math can quickly kill any rumor when it doesn't add up. As far as FJ goes if it's ready for anyone it will be ready for everyone. But I have a strong feeling not even package holders will be seeing it tomorrow

Getting close to a holiday weekend/week for many here in the US. 3 day weekend for many, some a whole week off. Crowds will be big the next few days and next week.

I hope Universal is ready.....

I hope the rumors of softs are true...we should be getting ride reports tonight!!!!! :happy: