The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 390 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OK, while I am convinced that others other than Package holders and on site hotel guests will be getting into TWWOHP. My 2 daughters (9 & 14) will be coming down from West Virginia June 11th-17th.

Yesterday I got an email from Uni about discount rates at Portifino Bay Resort ($182/night), so what did I do? To be the good dad. I got a room for June 14th. They assured me that not only would I get in, but I would get the exclusive 1 hour early thing. They also said that ONLY Package Holders and On-site hotel guests would get in.

I know that others have been saying this, but I have been reluctant to believe it. But I thought I would hedge my bet with everything I can to make it happen for my kids.

aww they are going to love you disneyhead. Thats awesome that you got the discount, just dont tell your girls or they may think you now have the extra money to spend on gifts haha.

I thought there was a building on property but just didnt know where. that is a very cool fact.

They assured me that not only would I get in, but I would get the exclusive 1 hour early thing. They also said that ONLY Package Holders and On-site hotel guests would get in.

I hope this is true for me too. I booked a room for this weekend, but I read from someone here that they're only allowing people who reserved a room when the packages were still up for sale and they'll check reservation dates.... while this sounded really crazy, it's been bothering me a bit... so I am glad to hear that they promised you that; it's a bit of a relief! I hope it's the same deal for my dates!

They also said that ONLY Package Holders and On-site hotel guests would get in.

Only ones to get in for the hour, or for the entire day? Did they clarify that Disneyhead?

Oh, and thanks for that awesome tidbit, Mr. Teebin. I really enjoyed adding to my mapping of the FJ queue. :D

You should see the new marauder's maps... they show all floors and details therein. They have been pure heaven for the Teebster.

Hey, just want to clarify, is the KR500 the vehicle ? Or is it a different model?

I posted that a few weeks ago... what the machine is. BUT... I cannot recall. It is the uber big robo arm they sell. Worthy of tossing 800 to 1000 lbs about with no cares at all.

Last edited:
As much as I don't have facts to show at this moment, i'm pretty positive that Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice are in fact brewed and bottled on site.

Butterbeer for sure. Pumpkin Juice is at a 80/20 chance.

Well if it is true that only people staying on site will get to enter the previews I will book a room only for one night even if we don't use it. There's 4 of us so it would be like a 60 dls surcharge to visit WWOHP better than an other 400dl plane ticket to come back later right?? I really hope that's not the case though.
----edit---
This got me thinking, maybe the customer service people are saying only people staying on site will get to experience it so desperate people like me will book a room. It worked with disneyhead! I personally see keeping an area of the park only open to some guests as a nightmare for PR, plus for regular park goers it would mean no Dueling Dragons, that's two coasters! :bang:I should have booked a package:bang: anyway lets wait till the weekend and see how it goes.

Last edited:
most likely they are doing a giant experiment in crowd control...first TM's, then package holders and hotel guests, then add in AP holders/general public then grand opening...don't know this for sure, but it makes sense because of how small the stores in Hogsmede are....hell at the TM event I was at the stores were crazy packed throughout the evening, and that was just a group of TM's. Or they're saying package holders only right now because they are the only ones right now that Universal is obligated to please. They may very well open it up to everyone later in the day, but they're saving themselves a headache if they don't publicly announce it and then get mobbed with a number of people they're not quite ready to handle....just my 2 cents :)

im starting to think no softs at all.
no one but package holders are getting in there before the 18th and i bet uni is pissed that they have to let those people in.
sigh.

I think they HAD a clue but this didn´t work out properly... :p
I think that May 18th was the date they THOUGHT they might have the GO... :look:
Guess WHY all the actors were there? Coincidence? :wave:

This was posted by LJF over at DISboards (they booked the package onsite before 3/25). This is the email they have quoted from Universal:

"Dear xx. xxxxx,

We look forward to your upcoming visit to Universal Orlando and the
Portofino Bay Hotel.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is absolutely outstanding and we
look forward to your visit. I am fortunate as an employee to have been
to the land as well as just returned from a meal at the Three
Broomsticks. It's very exciting and we look forward to sharing it with
you. I have worked here for 14 years and have never witnessed anything
as stunning as the Hogwarts castle.

You are correct that the Grand Opening will not be until June 18. Since
you are arriving prior to that, we have planned for you, a preview. You
will be able to enter the Wizarding world of Harry Potter each day if
you would like starting at 8am. The first Water Taxi will depart the
Portofino Bay Hotel at 7:45 am. You mentioned you have tickets which is
perfect as you will require theme park ticket into Islands of Adventure.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has created much excitement and of
course there are many people passing on information that is not official
from Universal Orlando. With that said, let me assure you there
absolutely will not be any limitations on what you can see within the
Wizarding World of Harry Potter based on what package you booked or did
not. The ONLY difference is we have two vendors we worked with that
offered a package that bundled your hotel stay, theme park tickets and
included a pre-paid breakfast at the Three Broomsticks. If you had
booked that you would have needed to decide in advance which day and
time you wanted to have your breakfast. Instead, you can choose to visit
the restaurant at your leisure for lunch or dinner. And no need to
chose today what time you want to enjoy your meal. The Three Broomsticks
is open for lunch and dinner only therefore the only item you can not be
included in unless you book that package is the breakfast. Everything
else you are invited to visit.

The Early Park admission at 8am is exclusive to our guests staying at
one of the three onsite resorts. If the decision has been made to allow
day guests into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter they will not be
permitted until 9am. I suggest you take full advantage of the area and
enjoy the hour to experience the area.

It is our full intention for every aspect of the new area to be open for
your enjoyment.

If you chose to change your reservation to visit later in the year you
can reach the call center toll free at 0808-234-2305. An agent will be
happy to assist in your change of dates. Now or in the future I assure
you a visit to Universal Orlando and staying on site will offer you and
your family a wonderful holiday.

In which ever date you chose we look forward to having you as our guest."

Just think of it like this...

In order to open the new land to the package holders at 8am all of the TM's for all the attractions,stores,etc need to be in place. Are they going to have them all come in to work for only 1 or 2 hours? My guess is no. Therefore, the chance they will allow someone else in (general public, AP holders, etc) is highly likely.

OK guys, can you PLEASE wake up now????
I am at work (here in GERMANY) since 8 am, what is 2 am Eastern Time and guess what...

It is ******g BORING with all of you being in bed... :p:p

That means, now that it is 1 pm here (7am there) that I have spent 5 hours in this forum without any action :confused:

Soooooo, c´mon now!!!! :lock1: :boxing:

OK; i found a post by DAX on Disboards and I THINK (sorry if NOT), there is a little bit of new info in it.
But the post is a few days old, so most of you will know that already, right?

Ok gang..some interesting news to report from my inside info..

- Passholder previews are NOT gonna happen. Not sure why, but what the employees told, they not gonna happen...BAD MOVE I do think...this is the first time I am aware of Universal not giving passholders a preview..but it could also have to do with WB and Rowling..so not sure..

- Speaking of JK Rowling..she has been coming to the park at LEAST once a week for the past few weeks, checking things out, making sure final touches are JUST RIGHT..She has no problems going up to TM's and telling them what is wrong

- TM previews happened on Friday night, and the lady I work with got to go!!!
She told me about Butterbear(said it tasted like flat cream soda) and Pumpkin juice(best warm) and said it was awesome...and she scored me the goodie bag! I will post it when I get my hands on it...

- FJ was OPEN during TM previews, she did not ride, but a lot of them did...no pictures allowed though
Overall...I am giddy about this place...June 18...HERE I COME!

what do you think??
That would mean, that teebin and brent were totally right by saying that they RODE it but were not allowed to tell... :happy:

either that or just not true :look::look::look:

Last edited: