The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am not saying April 9nth is impossible, but really there is not only final touch ups to do but training everyone from operators to vendors, clerks and more.

So unless they start very soon it seems unlikely as April 9nth is essentially two weeks away.

A lot of training has already been done. More than likely enough to start a soft while training other TMs during the soft & around it.

I just can't see an April 9th soft opening date. If everything is ready to go then, why not do the grand opening on May 28th instead of June 18th? Something doesn't add up.

I just can't see an April 9th soft opening date. If everything is ready to go then, why not do the grand opening on May 28th instead of June 18th? Something doesn't add up.

Mabey somethings really wrong that will take them really long to fix? FJ technical problems. I think its just taking the safe side after what happened with HRRR.

Perhaps that the reasons behind the opening date in June are not actually due to the ride or UO, but due to the actors and actresses schedules who will be appearing at the Grand Opening. With the final movie being close to done its filming, it would surprise me if they put the set on hold to fly everyone to Orlando for a few days. It would just make more sense to finish filming first. Also worth noting, Emma Watson (actress who plays Hermione) is currently attending a university who's exams don't finish until the end of May. Seems to me that this June 18th date might be more of a scheduling issue than a park/ride issue.

Also, Teebin stated about closing the whole section of the park down for media day. I highly doubt this considering that this has yet to happen for previous major new rides. I was at the media day for the Mummy and the ride was fully open to the public by middle of the afternoon.

Last edited:
So do you think the chess scene from the American Scenic prints has made it to the ride? They do say "more" in the press release, so I'm wondering if that's included. We already know we'll be seeing the Basilisk, so that is a good thing!

So do you think the chess scene from the American Scenic prints has made it to the ride? They do say "more" in the press release, so I'm wondering if that's included. We already know we'll be seeing the Basilisk, so that is a good thing!

I sure hope the chess scene is there. It's a perfect way to use the Kuka ride system.

I still agree with disfreakbrent All that needed to be done has been done. I honestly dont know why they need 5 more moths left of work. but i guess they are planning something big for the opening day. And just because it says Grand Opening dose not mean it will not soft before then. it just means the press and everyone will be there. I am vey relived to hear that because that means it wont be packed before I go.

^^ mebweb the chess scene will be in the ride.^^

Mabey somethings really wrong that will take them really long to fix? FJ technical problems. I think its just taking the safe side after what happened with HRRR.

I doubt it there probally trying to make every thing as perfect as possible before letting any gusts in.
dident one of you mention something about FJ crashing maby thats why the opening is so late?

I believe that the tentative soft opening date SAS gave is still correct. April 9 is the date they are still aiming for from what I understand. Also, in the internal FAQ sheet that Universal puts out to all their team members with answers to guest questions, one of the statements is about the availability of the WW to non-package-holding guests from May 28 until June 18. The answer is just as the guest services team members have said over the phone. However, if you read the entire document (which only team members may do) and read between the lines, it's clear what Universal is saying. They are virtually guaranteeing that anyone who bought a package from 5/28 to 6/18 will get in and experience the full attraction (rides, shops, etc.) as long as it is within the park's power to do so. They won't close for routine repairs or upgrades, have private parties, etc. that close the area to the package guests. Regular guests who did not buy the package are not entitled to that guarantee. It's still a routine soft opening for them. If they need to work on something, they'll work around the 100 or so package guests, but keep the gates shut to everyone else. My guess would be that based on the need to keep a majority of the area operating for the guests with the package, you'll be pretty safe to experience the area if you have regular park tickets at least occasionally throughout the day. It will all depend on how soon they soft open and how ready for regular crowds they are by the 28th. Also, the FAQ sheet listed June 18 as the first public day of operation as well as the Grand Opening, so I would assume what they are saying is that it will be open on that day. Any media or celebrity event they do will be after hours or very late or early in the day and will allow the area to be open for most of the park's operating hours if not all.

What is your source for believing that the tentative soft opening date may still be April 9?

Teebin thanks for replying to that one I didn't have it in me tonight. Potterdude it does add up let me see if I can explain. Let's say April 9th is the 1st day they open it for a public soft. More than likely that would mean that both TM & passholder previews would be the days before. (but maybe just TMs since passholder can easily be moved after a few public softs) Let's say for the entire month of April they open the area for just 3 days a week (not saying the entire day but every ride as long as they are in working order) During April gives them time to train more TMs they haven't & to at times train them with guests which can be some of the best kind of training. Than we reach May which is under a month until the packages come up. The first half of May they have softs 5 days out of the week now that everyone should be trained which will get the TMs more used to guests & how to handle any problems & push the rides so they are ready. With just over two weeks left before the packages the area is open 7 days a week from open to close (pending any huge issues) to get TMs & the rides used to a full schedule. By the time the packages roll around everything is as near perfect as they can get. There you have it rough math on how it makes sense to have softs from April all the way up till the end of May. EDIT: I am a little late with posting my math but hope it helps to show why soft soon is a good idea. I'm with Teebin though it will be shops, DC, FOTH open in around 2 weeks for soft with FJ being off & on as much as they can.

Last edited:
I see it as the area opening to the public on the 18th and maybe the media event being on the 17th.
There will be a lot of annoyed people if Universal have advertised it being open on the 18th.

One of the most widely anticipated theme park entertainment experiences ever created - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort - is set for a public grand opening on June 18.

^^ mebweb the chess scene will be in the ride.^^

Yes, it is in the American Scenic blueprint (below), but these things can change.

Ronandfigure.jpg

But have I missed something? When and where was this confirmed?

Last edited:
Also since my last post is long enough the June 18th date very much so has to do with the stars being there. Also I know Mummy was open on the press day BUT this is waaay bigger than Mummy with what I am sure will be media from not only the US & UK but maybe even other countries. So it will be more like a movie premiere & I can almost say 100% sure the set up will keep the public out of the area for the entire day. Trust me UO saved a small bit of that budget just for the Grand Opening event its going to be HUGE. EDIT: It would be smart to do the media event on the 17th but only time will tell theme parks are not always smart about things

Last edited: