The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Glad to hear that we finally have a date. The park is going to be a mad house on the 18th and then the rest of the summer. I hope to get out to the softs as soon as I can because FJ will have the longest line ever over the summer.

For the casual fans & lookers as a reminder DO NOT go on June 18th you won't get in. This is the day of the media event itself with the stars ect. so they will keep the public at a great distance from the area. Just throwing out the fair warning. :)

After reading the press release, I simply can't wait! :whoo: I'm going to Universal next summer, as part of a big theme park trip. But after reading the release, it stinks I have to wait until summer... :faint:

Oh well, still excited! :happy:

Last edited:
Just figured I'd let you guys know that I have added the OU/Hogwarts Houses sigs and avatars to the first post of this thread. Figured it'd be easier to find this time. :lol:

My only wish is that softs start pretty soon. I'll be happy with just that. I'm going to try and go as much as possible (every Saturday) with my best friend, who will also be getting an annual pass. Haha, parents willing, of course.

But wow. I thought I had a pottergasm yesterday; boy was I wrong. I haven't read the article so I can be totally surprised, but I allowed myself to sneak a peek at the new pics and video. DAMN, these people know how to make a queue! (And I'm going to be one of them! Teehee!)

I'm going in mid-May for my honeymoon. I'm going to be sad if the shops aren't at least open when we go since I went through all the hassel of convincing my soon-to-be wife (which took all of two minutes, since she loves Potter as much as I do.) It will be our first time at Universal, so hopefully we'll have a good time regardless (but that would make it better).

Has there been any news on soft openings and any such truth to the fact that only those who purchased the WWOHP packages can gain access? If this is true - I'm really dissapointed because they advertised Spring 2010 and we booked well in advance last July when these were not offered. For dates 21st-14th June.

I highly recommend that you email Universal, specifically their public relations department and explain your situation. If enough people complain, I am sure that it will effect their policy.

Anyone else notice that the quidditch match scenes looked more like the HP video game and not film at all. I doubt that will be the actual footage. Looks more like pre-viz mockups.
CafeFX did the film effects... did they do work on any of the movies? I don't feel like searching IMDB tonight. They are big though... and todays result does not look like what they are capable of at all.
http://www.cafefx.com/cafefx/html/cafefx.html

I agree that the video is we see is not the actual footage but it will be the same in the ride except that it will be more movie looking than game.

I'm glad to see that the four people the houses were inspired by will be in moving portraits, since it explains that whole Salazar Slytherin thing a while ago.

Okay, I've been lurking all day, so I thought I'd pop in.
I woke up to the news and the photos, making it the best morning in recent memory. I got rather emotional, started freaking out, printed a few articles, and was off to school. I was jumpy and excited and generally geeking out from the moment I walked in to the point that friends had to tell me to shut up.
June 18th can not come any sooner.
I imagined this would be great, but the pictures and descriptions have far surpassed my expectations.
Also, somewhere in Eric's review of FJ over at MuggleNet, he mentioned that info on the Three Broomsticks and a review from him much like that he gave on the ride in question today would come next week. As for the third part to this three-part-info thing, that's up for speculation. Probably DC and FoTH, and everything in between, to tie up loose ends for less informed fans.

Anyone else notice that the quidditch match scenes looked more like the HP video game and not film at all. I doubt that will be the actual footage. Looks more like pre-viz mockups.
CafeFX did the film effects... did they do work on any of the movies? I don't feel like searching IMDB tonight. They are big though... and todays result does not look like what they are capable of at all.
http://www.cafefx.com/cafefx/html/cafefx.html

Yeah, I noticed that right away. I think we can expect it to be much more movie-like, why spend all the money on everything else and then have crappy visual effects, yk?

I'm glad to see that the four people the houses were inspired by will be in moving portraits, since it explains that whole Salazar Slytherin thing a while ago.

I can't wait to see them!

I also can't wait to see the common room! Has anyone seen any pictures of it pop up yet?

I believe that the tentative soft opening date SAS gave is still correct. April 9 is the date they are still aiming for from what I understand. Also, in the internal FAQ sheet that Universal puts out to all their team members with answers to guest questions, one of the statements is about the availability of the WW to non-package-holding guests from May 28 until June 18. The answer is just as the guest services team members have said over the phone. However, if you read the entire document (which only team members may do) and read between the lines, it's clear what Universal is saying. They are virtually guaranteeing that anyone who bought a package from 5/28 to 6/18 will get in and experience the full attraction (rides, shops, etc.) as long as it is within the park's power to do so. They won't close for routine repairs or upgrades, have private parties, etc. that close the area to the package guests. Regular guests who did not buy the package are not entitled to that guarantee. It's still a routine soft opening for them. If they need to work on something, they'll work around the 100 or so package guests, but keep the gates shut to everyone else. My guess would be that based on the need to keep a majority of the area operating for the guests with the package, you'll be pretty safe to experience the area if you have regular park tickets at least occasionally throughout the day. It will all depend on how soon they soft open and how ready for regular crowds they are by the 28th. Also, the FAQ sheet listed June 18 as the first public day of operation as well as the Grand Opening, so I would assume what they are saying is that it will be open on that day. Any media or celebrity event they do will be after hours or very late or early in the day and will allow the area to be open for most of the park's operating hours if not all.

I'm not going to come back to this thread until after my trip in June. The spoilers are getting out of hand for me now and I've seen enough. Funny thing knowing I was lurking the thread for over a year and I've been posting here for over half of a year! I'm going to miss not going into this topic but I have to keep to my word.

See yah!

I am not saying April 9nth is impossible, but really there is not only final touch ups to do but training everyone from operators to vendors, clerks and more.

So unless they start very soon it seems unlikely as April 9nth is essentially two weeks away.

I think april 9th is very possible becuase ive seen over the fences and every thing and they are practally done they are just doing a few touch ups now so april 9th is very possible.