The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 651 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think a large amount of trees should be placed in the arena area of DC and some stone walls to fly by and maybe some fire? I feel DC really got the shaft compared even to the kiddie coaster :(

The contract between WB and Universal stated that changes must be made to the island for Deathly Hallows. Whether or not FJ will also be changed is still a mystery to me.

Sorry to disappoint, but this is not true. It's a rumor, awesome, but none the less, rumor. Project closeouts are almost complete and everyone has gone on their merry way. Expanding the land is just speculation right now. Some high ups are speculating, but it hasn't gone to a research phase so if it were to happen, it's a looong way out.

--- Update ---

Well, apparently I did get something wrong last night. While BriMan once posted that the tracks would be painted, it has been pointed out to me that he later posted that the painting of the tracks had be canceled or at the very least postponed. I apologize that I missed this later posting.

There was enevr a time when the tracks were planned to be painted after the announcement was made to the public. When DD tracks were painted in 2006-2007ish, WB had to buy off on the colors being laid down for the new DC.

From what I heard months ago about the letters in the concrete/bricks is that they were themed for some labor union in England. I'm not 100% certain that is correct, but that's what someone from UC told me.

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint, but this is not true. It's a rumor, awesome, but none the less, rumor. Project closeouts are almost complete and everyone has gone on their merry way. Expanding the land is just speculation right now. Some high ups are speculating, but it hasn't gone to a research phase so if it were to happen, it's a looong way out.

As I suspected... find and show us the contracts signed by lawyers. Otherwise... any changes to the WWOHP are up in the air at 6800 Turkey Lake Road. And finally, who is Mark Woodbury? What is his background in the industry of design and execution of a concept? He strikes me as vapid as they come.

I feel like the lines and wait times are becoming so unpredictable as the days go on. I guess it's because even though these are week days, it's still summer and everyone's taking advantage of that.

Remember the time 2 or 3 month ago...
Everyone was predicting that the lines will be insane for at least a YEAR.
Everyone thought it might be a 4 or even 5 hour wait just to do FJ.

if it is now 120 min or less and the wait time to enter WWOHP is less than an hour, it is better than expected :)

if it is now 120 min or less and the wait time to enter WWOHP is less than an hour, it is better than expected :)
True. But I think this weekend may get brutal with all the July 4th traffic. If not the wait to get in, then the crowds inside.

Yes but don't forget that was before we knew for sure what an awesome system for capacity for Forbidden Journey. 1,800 people plus an hour and the park has been open from 9-10 since it has opened and even opens an hour early for onsite guests.

We are looking at a near 21,000 a person ride capability here. Not to mention it is probably beyond that since in closing hour of the park there is usually over an hour wait still on Forbidden Journey (according to the site)

Well I just got back from orlando and I had a great time. Everything has pretty much been said but butterbeer is great, the entire land looked amazing and fj is pretty good. I have to say the biggest dissapointment was the defense against the dark arts classroom. It was sooooo not what pictured in my mind. And fj did break down quite a bit. 2 days in a row, right before we loaded it broke down for a little over 30 minutes. It does have its flaws though. You need to look where it wants you to look when it wants you to look there. But overall i'm satisfied and happy the speculation is over.

Aahhh... the creators begin to rear their heads. Be sure to click on "props" and "furniture". I am amazed that some of these items were custom made as I assumed some were just antiques.

http://www.jk2.com/ScenicHome.html

Thanks for the link! I checked out the website, and clicked on "Scenery"; these people designed the Aggro Crag from GUTS! It's not that incredible to believe, this is a Central Florida based company that seems to have a very long relationship with Universal Studios (and formally Nickelodeon Studios as well). It's just cool to think that the people who made the Aggro Crag also made Dumbledore's office furniture.

havent posted here in a while....

I had my tickets in hand, and drove right past Universal when I visited Orlando opening weekend. Im sorry, Im just not a big enough fan to wait several hours just to get into the park. I have decided to set the trip up in November..and will probably hit the food and wine fest while we are in town as well.

Potter will have to wait I guess...I hope the crowds will be a little less by then.

Totally...no one ever thought this ride would be operating at over 90% up-time. No new ride at Universal has performed so well at opening, with the exception of the roller coasters and water rides at IOA's initial opening.

FJ is good news for UO and the visitors!

--- Update ---

Yes but don't forget that was before we knew for sure what an awesome system for capacity for Forbidden Journey. 1,800 people plus an hour and the park has been open from 9-10 since it has opened and even opens an hour early for onsite guests.

We are looking at a near 21,000 a person ride capability here. Not to mention it is probably beyond that since in closing hour of the park there is usually over an hour wait still on Forbidden Journey (according to the site)

They're hitting over 24,000. Take that to the bank :)

Yeap and remember, fat people (like myself) can't ride either so it truly limits who can get on :lol:

These wait times are up. Nothing is open due to rain and FJ only has a 45 minute wait? Where is everyone?
Caro-Seuss-el = 5 mins.
Cat In The Hat = 5 mins.
Forbidden Journey = 45 mins.
Poseidons Fury = 15 mins.
Sindbad Show = 18:15 (next show time)
Spider-Man = 10 mins.
Storm Force = 5 mins.

Well, it was pouring for about an hour so maybe they decided to stay at wherever they were in the park or went to grab a bite to eat. From what I have heard heading towards WWoHP just after a good afternoon thunderstorm is the way to go as it clears out a lot of the people that don't realize that the storm isn't going to last very long.

They're hitting over 24,000. Take that to the bank :)

Hmmm.. why you know these things (if they should be true) vexes the hell out of me. I too was thinking this was a disaster waiting to happen, with such a short lead test or soft). Perhaps you told me vaguely in a PM why you know. I cannot recall. I have so many vexing PMs that I get you all screwed up in my head... except for 2 people. The fact that this ride is staying open and running as it does despite the fact that it is 10X more complex than a roller coaster wows me.