The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 649 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe they could take over Sinbad and make it, like, the Quest for the Horcruxes or something...and guests could walk through all the places they find the Horcruxes. The cave, the Chamber of Secets, Room of Requirement, etc.

Oooorr, I just wish they would make the whole Lost Continent Diagon Alley!

They could do that... It's a possibility that they could make Diagon Alley (with a Gringotts rollercoaster of course xD) and have King's Cross set up and ready to take people to Hogwarts (a simulater with a few train cars and train compartments to actually have the real feel of a train).

They could do that... It's a possibility that they could make Diagon Alley (with a Gringotts rollercoaster of course xD) and have King's Cross set up and ready to take people to Hogwarts (a simulater with a few train cars and train compartments to actually have the real feel of a train).

Yeah, that would be awesome! Ahhhh, a Gringott's coaster. That would be perfect! A train would be cool as well...I read recently that JKR originally wanted something where people got to take the train to Hogwarts. It would be neat if they had a train that started at Diagon Alley [formerly known as Lost Continent!] and then ended at the FJ journey ride...I know it is a long shot, but that would be incredible!

Yeah, that would be awesome! Ahhhh, a Gringott's coaster. That would be perfect! A train would be cool as well...I read recently that JKR originally wanted something where people got to take the train to Hogwarts. It would be neat if they had a train that started at Diagon Alley [formerly known as Lost Continent!] and then ended at the FJ journey ride...I know it is a long shot, but that would be incredible!

I absolutely LOVE the Gringotts coaster idea, mine carts and all. But what would the plot of the ride be? I mean, it's an indoor coaster, there's got to be something to it.

Maybe they could take over Sinbad and make it, like, the Quest for the Horcruxes or something...and guests could walk through all the places they find the Horcruxes. The cave, the Chamber of Secets, Room of Requirement, etc.

That would most likely never happen. it's taking Harry out of the equation with the Horcruxes.

It would be neat if they had a train that started at Diagon Alley [formerly known as Lost Continent!] and then ended at the FJ journey ride...I know it is a long shot, but that would be incredible!

That would be like...a 2 second train ride.

Actually, the train is parked right now in Hogsmeade station, that's where the students unload, so that's probable where we would unload. And yes, J.K. Rowlings plans originally called for that when she was in talks with Disney, but they wanted to do the cheese thing and J.K. wouldn't allow it. The only problem I have with King's Cross being in Diagon Alley is that's not where it is in the books. But ah well, what are you going to do. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun, and they would be able to come up with more unique merchandise and get more money (which is all they care about remember xD)

--- Update ---

That would most likely never happen. it's taking Harry out of the equation with the Horcruxes.

That would be like...a 2 second train ride.

No it wouldn't be. Remember, we don't always have physical sets. They could very easily set up a Hogwarts express train simulator, perhaps one where dementors attack, and they could have the lady with the trolley selling pumkin pasteys and all of the other goods she sold...

I absolutely LOVE the Gringotts coaster idea, mine carts and all. But what would the plot of the ride be? I mean, it's an indoor coaster, there's got to be something to it.

Well, you could be going to your very own underground vault... And the exit could hold an ATM in "your" vault xD... That's a bit cheesy but still... Maybe we could be setting up our own account at Gringotts and at the end we get to an empty vault where you can put things in a locker? I have no idea lol...

What do you mean? Harry is still in the equation...and he is not the only one who kills the Horcuxes...Dumbledore, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville all take part in destroying them. I think it would be neat to visit the locations of all of them...especially the cave, though it would be quite scary.

I agree about the Gringotts coaster. How cool! I think you could either be finding your vault and then exit to the gift shop, or be going to the Lestrange's vault to find the Hufflepuff goblet.
And if they ever wanted to retheme Poseidon (NOT saying they should. Just if...) they could totally make that the cave. It also fits DH, because of Kreacher going there and everything. That would be freaky, but really cool.
And I think they should put on a duel too. Either Dumbledore and Grindewald or Harry and Voldemort. I'm leaning more towards H&V because of the time frame of the park. The fight from GoF could work I think...but if they need more DH things, then maybe the final battle could be re-created or something.

Actually, the train is parked right now in Hogsmeade station, that's where the students unload, so that's probable where we would unload. And yes, J.K. Rowlings plans originally called for that when she was in talks with Disney, but they wanted to do the cheese thing and J.K. wouldn't allow it. The only problem I have with King's Cross being in Diagon Alley is that's not where it is in the books. But ah well, what are you going to do. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun, and they would be able to come up with more unique merchandise and get more money (which is all they care about remember xD)

--- Update ---

No it wouldn't be. Remember, we don't always have physical sets. They could very easily set up a Hogwarts express train simulator, perhaps one where dementors attack, and they could have the lady with the trolley selling pumkin pasteys and all of the other goods she sold...

And why would we take the train when we could walk 5 feet to the right to get there? Just doesn't make any sense.

And why would we take the train when we could walk 5 feet to the right to get there? Just doesn't make any sense.

If the land were to expand and have Diagon Alley in the Lost Continent, then it would make sense. Diagon Alley is in London, and Hogwarts isn't, so the train would take us. There could be an option of traveling by foot, due to those unfortunate few who can't ride due to various factors, but the illusion of actually being there would be ruined if you walked 5 feet from Diagon Alley and into Hogsmeade. Taking the train would be like really going there... Do you get what I'm saying now?

If the land were to expand and have Diagon Alley in the Lost Continent, then it would make sense. Diagon Alley is in London, and Hogwarts isn't, so the train would take us. There could be an option of traveling by foot, due to those unfortunate few who can't ride due to various factors, but the illusion of actually being there would be ruined if you walked 5 feet from Diagon Alley and into Hogsmeade. Taking the train would be like really going there... Do you get what I'm saying now?

So basically you're saying you would have to ride the train to get to Hogsmede?

No offense, but that's a pretty bad idea. The area has enough capacity issues to begin with, that would make it even worse. Besides, making Diagon Alley take over LC would be a pretty bad idea as well. What is there in DA that you can't get in Hogsmede? Nothing. If they want to take over LC, I would hope they have a better idea than that.

No offense, but that's a pretty bad idea. The area has enough capacity issues to begin with, that would make it even worse. Besides, making Diagon Alley take over LC would be a pretty bad idea as well. What is there in DA that you can't get in Hogsmede? Nothing. If they want to take over LC, I would hope they have a better idea than that.

Whoaaaaa. I think people are just speculating, which is fun, right? And I do not think you would HAVE to ride the train, but it would be neat to ride one...or maybe they could expand the Hogwarts express and kind of have a walk through train if you wanted to walk through it to get there. Maybe there would be a place to go through platform 9 3/4 and then you can go through the train, buy some Pumpkin Pasties, sweets, etc like someone mentioned earlier, see some Dementors, take some photographs, and then come out right at Hogsmeade station.

Well, I agree, there isn't much in Diagon Alley that you can't get in Hogsmeade, however, the train wouldn't be required, it's just like riding the forbidden journey isn't required. If you don't want to, you don't have to go in Hogwarts. I don't know, I just don't think anything else could be used. Diagon Alley would make sense because the train is there, so it's like you traveled from Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade, however, nothing else has an explanation to put there. Maybe a few more Hogsmeade shops/attractions like the Shrieking Shack.... I don't know...

If they did Diagon Alley, it would be neat to make a Knockturn Alley and, of course, Gringotts. Aaaand they could do the Leady Cauldron. It would be really nice to have another restaurant. Maybe Florean Fortescue's ice cream parlor.

[perhaps I need to stop being a huge Potter nerd and realise this is an ISLAND and not a whole Potter park :doh: ]

Last edited:
A Hogwarts Express ride would be boring beyond belief. Even if you did have Dementors and the trolley, what would you do? You'd it in a compartment at a steady pace. Snooze. Gringotts coaster could be tight, though...

A Hogwarts Express ride would be boring beyond belief. Even if you did have Dementors and the trolley, what would you do? You'd it in a compartment at a steady pace. Snooze. Gringotts coaster could be tight, though...
If they did anything HE related, it should just be a walk-through of the train or something. Otherwise a ride would just be like a monorail.