The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 722 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know if the Moaning Myrtle recordings are custom for the WW or were they picked from the movies? I didn't listen long enough to see if they seemed park/muggle related.

Does anyone know if the Moaning Myrtle recordings are custom for the WW or were they picked from the movies? I didn't listen long enough to see if they seemed park/muggle related.

From what I can tell it's just giggling. It's hard to hear in there wiht all the flushing and blow drying and it would feel a bit awkward to just be standing around in a public restroom. :lol:

From what I can tell it's just giggling. It's hard to hear in there wiht all the flushing and blow drying and it would feel a bit awkward to just be standing around in a public restroom. :lol:

When I went on Veteran's Day it seemed like they made them louder because I remember going when it first opened and you couldn't understand her at all but now you can definitely hear her.

When I went on Veteran's Day it seemed like they made them louder because I remember going when it first opened and you couldn't understand her at all but now you can definitely hear her.

Yeah, and they also added too much reverb to Myrtle's track. I stood there desperately trying to understand what in hell she was saying and noting that there was just too much echo.

Yeah, and they also added too much reverb to Myrtle's track. I stood there desperately trying to understand what in hell she was saying and noting that there was just too much echo.

^this
I'm sure if its just the audio itself or the natural acoustics of a tile bathroom but it definitely is difficult to make out what she's saying.

It was busyer than I thought FJ was a normal 45 mins most of the day. I know this isnt the right thred but i saw when I was leaving a huge line of cars waiting to get into the parking garage and it streched way back to the light and there was alot of traffic anyone know if there was a special event or something becuase ive never seen that many cars ever?

I suppose it depends on what time you left. Maybe it was for people who were coming just to see the Manhiem Steamroller concert? That along with the Saturday evening/night atmosphere crowd of City Walk I can imagine could cause quite an influx of evening traffic.

I suppose it depends on what time you left. Maybe it was for people who were coming just to see the Manhiem Steamroller concert? That along with the Saturday evening/night atmosphere crowd of City Walk I can imagine could cause quite an influx of evening traffic.

This and they probably only had half the parking booths open.

I left at 7:15.
This and they probably only had half the parking booths open.

No they had the whole booths open.

Just thought I'd post some pics of the Hogsmeade Christmas decoration. It's mostly wreaths and garlands inside and outside all the stores at restaurants. And I must say that they all looked very authentic, as in they looked like they were all hand made with stuff from the forest.

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

My first trip to WWoHP
On Sunday I went to WWoHP for the first time (finally)! :happy:
Even though I live like 20 minutes away, due to a lack of funds, I hadn't been able to go until then. Having to wait so long, I couldn't resist reading everyone's reviews and descriptions, so I was unfortunately thoroughly spoiled. I kind of wish I had been able to hold out and not look at spoilers, but oh well.

We (my mom and I) went to the Studios first, then Islands, (having been to neither of them in over a year:'() and stayed from open to close. So anyways, some of my thoughts on the day:
1.) Oh God the weather. I picked a pretty horrible day to go, weather wise. It was nice around park opening, but two hours later the sky turns dark, there is this horrible freezing rain and an arctic blast of cold air, which only continued all day. So yeah, I think the weather was trying to ruin my day. :blank: But it turned out alright because everyone else pretty much gave up and left. The parks were the most deserted I've seen them. I rode FJ 3 times and even that was literally a walk-on every time. I was prepared to wait at least 45 minutes so I guess I actually lucked out.

2.) Universal really needs to clean things up. Having not been in so long I was unpleasantly surprised at how much looked worn out. The boat that you see sinking in JAWS was covered in algae and such. Because a boat that was just sunk by Jaws has time to grow algae. A lot of the different props in the lines looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. The dinos in Jurassic Park had their skin almost hanging off and most of them were mute(?) that was really weird. I don't know I just noticed a lot of little things here and there that looked dirty or old. If it had been my first time to Universal I would have been unimpressed by that.

3.) My thoughts on WWoHP. Even though I'd seen it all in pictures before, nothing prepared me for seeing it in person. The level of detail is just incredible! The view as you are walking under the arch, with Hogsmeade winding in front of you and Hogwarts in the distance is unreal. Being a fan of the Potter books from the beginning I was just blown away by it all. I loved all the little displays in the windows, the exteriors of the shops, the Sirius Black wanted posters. Especially Hogwarts - when I got up close to it me and my mom just froze and we were gazing up at it in disbelief. I think this must be everyone's first reaction. :lol: It looks so similar to the movies that part of my brain thought it was CGI or something! It did not even look real. Just the exterior detail of the whole land and the castle blows away everything in any of the other parks. It actually makes the rest of IoA look sub-par. It feels like an amusement park compared to Wizarding World.

4.) The shops and restaurant. Unfortunately due to a continuing lack of funds we were not able to do much shopping. :'( I did look around the stores and was further impressed with the detail and props. The Monster Book of Monsters was great and lunged at me when I wasn't expecting it. :rofl: We saw the little Ollivanders show - it was cool and all, and the detail was once again amazing, but I felt the show itself was a little "eh". It was probably the longest wait we had all day but the show is pretty short and there are only two effects. So I probably won't see it again, at least for quite a while.
What else...we had lunch at the Three Broomsticks. I had the fish and chips, which was great. Oh and I tried butterbeer for the first time (regular, never got to try frozen). At first I wasn't a huge fan of it, but it really grew on me so that I was sorry to finish it. Didn't try pumpkin juice but I had a cauldron cake which was pretty good.

5.) Hippogriff and Dragon Challenge. Hippogriff is of course the same ride as before, but still a massive upgrade IMO just because of Hagrid's Hut and the wonderful Buckbeak animatronic. And the view of Hogsmeade from the top of the lift hill was amazing.
Dragon Challenge, not so much. I was really let down to see how they ruined the queue, which had been my favorite. The first few rooms were alright but what is with the completely blank tunnels. It's like they just obliterated everything and replaced it with nothing. Ugh massive downgrade. Although the coaster itself is still great.

Hmm this post is so long already I think I'll save my thoughts on FJ for the review thread.

A few more random thoughts.
Overall Universal did a fantastic job with this addition and Disney should be quaking in their boots. Fantasyland better be out of this world to compete.
Especially with merchandise - looks like Universal is making a killing with all the HP goods they're selling. We saw TONS of people wearing Gryffindor scarves all day. How are there any left. And leaving the park and going through CityWalk at night it seemed like every other person was carrying a Wizarding World bag.
Also we spent a long time in the land and even came back later but we never saw any of the street shows. How often do they normally come out? Or are they afraid of a little freezing rain? :-X

Oh sorry for the essay! :p

Also we spent a long time in the land and even came back later but we never saw any of the street shows. How often do they normally come out? Or are they afraid of a little freezing rain? :-X

I think the Durmstrang guys can't do their stunts on wet pavement, and the animatronic frogs would get ruined.

Oh yeah, you might have seen me there with a Ravenclaw scarf. :lol: