The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 751 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Highlights just from this thread,

-Confirmation of opening date
-Teebins Riddles
-Analyzing and critiquing EVERY single photo and scenario we could get our eyes on
-Leaked photos of ride vehicles
-Getting to the point of near daily photo updates
-Helicopter
-Employee Previews
-Potterwatch
-First day of soft openings
-My first day of soft openings
-Grand Opening

The courtyard! I JUST KNOW THEY'RE GONNA OPEN IT UP SOON! :lol:

Has there been anything about that fog screen that was supposed to transfer us from the dragon scene to the Forbidden Forest? I remember that being talked about a while back, it'd be great if they'd actually implemented it already.

I remember when *puts glasses on* YOU JUST DIED.

:thumbs::lol:

Also Vince, it is implimented, it's just not necessarily completely visible. It is actually quite thin, too. I just recommend lots of fog-spilling machines around those scenes. You can still see the other benches during the end section of that scene. I just hope that Universal Creative acknowledges this.

Goodness such controversy over a pic!
Honestly, I just wanted to post something on page 999 and thought I'd share what I thought was a cool picture.
The subject matter is on-topic and I believed it would be appreciated by other like-minded individuals.
I hope I haven't ruined your internet.
Geez, calm down. I was just wondering why you posted a random picture of Ollivanders with a caption or anything? To show something was changed? I never said it wasn't on-topic, just curious what was the point of other then being something HP related? It was just a simple question. :blank:

I remember reading something on here a few days ago about a guided tour through a separate queue in the castle but I can't find the thread now. Does anyone remember what was said?

The 'guided tours' don't always happen but take place in the Express queue or what would be the express queue. Since the ride has such a great loading capacity they just use that lane for non riders who want to exit out before the ride. Ask or tell a nearby attendant once you get into the first area of the castle near the lockers and they should be able to open it up for you. Most of it goes through the same queue areas just in its own lanes where you are able to stop and soak it in.

The 'guided tours' don't always happen but take place in the Express queue or what would be the express queue. Since the ride has such a great loading capacity they just use that lane for non riders who want to exit out before the ride. Ask or tell a nearby attendant once you get into the first area of the castle near the lockers and they should be able to open it up for you. Most of it goes through the same queue areas just in its own lanes where you are able to stop and soak it in.
Do they let you take pictures?

I don't see why not but avoid flash as it can be rude to other guests. By guided I hope you realize it is typically self guided and it would be with a Team Member as a Hogwarts Student if one is available.

^ Oh goodness gracious, I wish they'd place a strict NO FLASH policy unless your camera is a DSLR or something to make the flashes less frequent because it is quite frankly annoying. I understand that you want to take your snapshots and save them on Facebook, and I understand that you're obviously in a low-light situation, but if you're that desperate, please just go to the 'castle tour' lane and hold your camera against the wall or buy a tripod. I'm very, very rarely like this, but it's just constant flashes and it ruins the magical authenticity of the queue.

^ Oh goodness gracious, I wish they'd place a strict NO FLASH policy unless your camera is a DSLR or something to make the flashes less frequent because it is quite frankly annoying. I understand that you want to take your snapshots and save them on Facebook, and I understand that you're obviously in a low-light situation, but if you're that desperate, please just go to the 'castle tour' lane and hold your camera against the wall or buy a tripod. I'm very, very rarely like this, but it's just constant flashes and it ruins the magical authenticity of the queue.

Thats like going to anything in a theme park especially shows that strictly say NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY...it goes in one ear and out the other.

Wow, this thread is over 1,000 pages?! I remember back before this thread even started, when it was just the original WW thread! This is amazing!

Oh, I've seen so much about that^, and I'm so happy that now Britain has a Harry Potter attraction. Even though WWoHP is international and knows no true location, it does have an inceptive location which is London, and I'm quite excited to see what it'll be like! :)

So I went to go on Forbidden Journey today, the posted wait time was 60 min however I got on twice in 10 min! You gotta love single riders, and I still got to go through the castle because afterwards I just took a castle tour and saw everyroom without being rushed. It was awesome!

So I went to go on Forbidden Journey today, the posted wait time was 60 min however I got on twice in 10 min! You gotta love single riders, and I still got to go through the castle because afterwards I just took a castle tour and saw everyroom without being rushed. It was awesome!

Yeah. For popular rides, usually they post higher times than normal to scare off potential riders, so I usually cut the wait time in half. Single riders cuts that wait further in half. Just one of the perks of knowing what you're doing going into a theme park.