The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 779 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nah... the most exciting time was 1965... when a company secretly bought a large part of two American counties. That was exciting and unprecedented.

I said one of the the. Also, no one would be able to do that in today's culture. And this is a different kind of exciting since we are following everything from birth to completion.

Honestly, being in a Pandora esque enviroment can be really cool, but once you sit down and look at it, what kind of ground breaking ride or attraction can they do with this? I honestly forsee a Soarin type ride being the main attraction here, and UNFORTUNATELY a Mickey and Minnie Na'vi.

Honestly, being in a Pandora esque enviroment can be really cool, but once you sit down and look at it, what kind of ground breaking ride or attraction can they do with this? I honestly forsee a Soarin type ride being the main attraction here, and UNFORTUNATELY a Mickey and Minnie Na'vi.

FJ was groundbreaking because of the technology behind it. Not the story. Using Avatar has nothing to do with the possible attractions we will see. No one saw this coming, so none of us have any idea what Disney is planning. Nobody could have guessed that we would get FJ simply because it was based on Harry Potter. And really, do you think James Cameron would sign off on that? Maybe we'll see special merchandise like Star Wars, but there does not have to be walk around characters.

Okay. Am I the only one disturbed by the thought of a half naked Na'vi Mickey/Minnie?

:rofl:

So, is the WW still going strong? Are products flying off the shelves like ever before? Are the early morning hotel guest crowds just as prevalent? Still lines to the broomsticks? (by these questions, I mean 'when it is commonly busy at the parks').

So, is the WW still going strong? Are products flying off the shelves like ever before? Are the early morning hotel guest crowds just as prevalent? Still lines to the broomsticks? (by these questions, I mean 'when it is commonly busy at the parks').

I went two weekends after labor day, which I understand to be a very slow time of year. Even so, FJ commonly had a wait of 45 minutes (much longer than any other attraction), Ollivanders always had a wait of 30 minutes or more, and it still took 15-20 minutes of standing in line to buy anything at Honeydukes or Zonkos. We ate at the Three Broomsticks, and were surprised that it only took about 20 minutes from the time we got in line until the time we had our food.

I was there 2 weeks ago, and it was pretty darn crowded. Saturday the 8th wasn't too bad, but it poured rain all day which kept the less crazy people (of which I am not included) away. Still, the shops were crowded with buyers that day.

The next two days were fairly sunny during the day, and the place was packed. Long lines, people buying stuff, etc.

Thanks for both replies. Are potter fanatics (compliment) still evident? (I am not sure how much they allow them to arrive dressed as potter fanatics.)

I swung by last night before HHN and the fanatics are still coming in. I saw a few young adults in full wizard gear literally in awe over everything. Now whether it was purchased during the day or they wore it in is beyond me.

I went back in April, and it was pretty crazy. Couldn't get in in the mornings, even arriving early. We'd get there at 7 AM (didn't stay on site) to wait in line, but after realizing that Marvel was open every morning that early, we'd get our fill of Spider-Man and Hulk before hopping over to USF (which was absolutely dead, don't think we waited in line for more than 30 minutes on any ride except HRR for the whole trip). We'd come back into WWoHP around 6 each night and it was packed, but manageable. Lines for the shops and butterbeer (good thing people can't put 2 and 2 together about the Hog's Head), FJ wait time at 8 PM was 45 mins (but the line never stopped moving and was more like 30). Jumped in for the last Ollivander's at around 10:30 and we were at the back of the line, just barely made it in around 10:45.

Yessir...Potter is a HUGE draw as the area has been open for over a year and a half and still attracts large crowds and will most definitely continue.

How are the crowds comparing to the rest of Orlando? I was down in July so naturally eveything was packed. But if people are spreading there money around once they get there, Universal doesn't win as much. I would just like to know out of curiousity, how many fanatics buy everything their first time, or make multiple trips and spread their money over several trips. It would be interesting to me to see if it's one big purchase, or several each visit.

I wouldn't say I was a fanatic, but I would say that I was a level-headed fan. And I hail from the other side of the continent, but here's my two-cents. We're already planning on returning sometime within the next year. And yes, we will be buying more souvenirs. More wands, more quidditch supplies (my quaffle is a big hit with my younger cousins) and definitely more candy and butterbeer. Now, when we went last time, we didn't go to WDW. This was an "adult trip", meaning we wanted to actually relax, hit the bars on CityWalk some nights and in general just chill. Next time we go back, we might hit a few parks from WDW, but are undecided on which. If we go once Be Our Guest is open, then we will probably hit MK, even though I find MK to be a weird, Twlight Zoney version of Disneyland Park (it's similar enough to recognize, but so different that it makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason). If it's not open yet, then we will probably only hit AK as that is the only park the Mrs. hasn't been to yet. So, to be short, I didn't spread my love to WDW when I went down, and I made A LOT of purchases, and upon return, plan on buying more.

I wouldn't say I was a fanatic, but I would say that I was a level-headed fan. And I hail from the other side of the continent, but here's my two-cents. We're already planning on returning sometime within the next year. And yes, we will be buying more souvenirs. More wands, more quidditch supplies (my quaffle is a big hit with my younger cousins) and definitely more candy and butterbeer. Now, when we went last time, we didn't go to WDW. This was an "adult trip", meaning we wanted to actually relax, hit the bars on CityWalk some nights and in general just chill. Next time we go back, we might hit a few parks from WDW, but are undecided on which. If we go once Be Our Guest is open, then we will probably hit MK, even though I find MK to be a weird, Twlight Zoney version of Disneyland Park (it's similar enough to recognize, but so different that it makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason). If it's not open yet, then we will probably only hit AK as that is the only park the Mrs. hasn't been to yet. So, to be short, I didn't spread my love to WDW when I went down, and I made A LOT of purchases, and upon return, plan on buying more.

I felt the same way earlier this month at Disneyland :lol: