The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 777 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
and never forget the Powerade bottles!
IMG_1962.jpg
:rep: for that. It really brings back a lot of memories.

So a friend and I were here yesterday evening and got butterbeers at the Hogshead and at first she told me it tasted funny. As I looked at the bartender, I noticed they were filling half of my drink from the bar-gun (presumably club-soda) and the other half with butterbeer from the barrel dispenser before adding the froth. I definitely don't remember normal cold butterbeer being a three-step process. Is this some kind of new, cheaper brew?

So a friend and I were here yesterday evening and got butterbeers at the Hogshead and at first she told me it tasted funny. As I looked at the bartender, I noticed they were filling half of my drink from the bar-gun (presumably club-soda) and the other half with butterbeer from the barrel dispenser before adding the froth. I definitely don't remember normal cold butterbeer being a three-step process. Is this some kind of new, cheaper brew?

Last time I got it it was all from the gun. Tasted the same though.

My wife and I had a glass on Saturday and it tasted perfectly normal. Sounds like maybe they were about to run out or something when you went through...

I'm getting emotional chills in my spine...but the WW construction from 2008 to 2010 was a special time so it'll always give me goosebumps.

Great times :'(

EDIT: And it's been over 2 years since I joined this site...where'd time go?

The best part was the make shift waiting line for dueling dragons.

Does anyone know why Orlando Theme Park News blog won't mention Harry Potter by name? I was just over there looking at an article and noticed that the name is nowhere to be found, and an administrator stated in the comments that they won't ever use the name. If this has been covered somewhere else, then I sincerely apologize.

Does anyone know why Orlando Theme Park News blog won't mention Harry Potter by name? I was just over there looking at an article and noticed that the name is nowhere to be found, and an administrator stated in the comments that they won't ever use the name. If this has been covered somewhere else, then I sincerely apologize.
I never even noticed that. I did notice that he never posts WWoHP updates though, although I always assumed it was always too crowded.

Last edited:

Huh... Never noticed that...

Sam, why is that?

Nope nothing here. I assume, and this is based on his FAQ's, that he doesn't cover any of the Holiday or special events. Maybe he's just picky about what he covers. Let's not hijack this thread though. If you wanna find out, ask him. Not trying to be mean, but it's like calling McDonald's and asking why they don't have a Whopper.

Okay guys so I was thinking what if for the Thief's Downfall (the waterfall that washes away enchantments then sets off an alarm and sends the cart plummeting downward) portion of the Gringotts mine coaster they used the technology from 13 at Alton Towers to literally drop our car??

I don't want to derail the thread, but just from his tone and the way he speaks about it in the comments, I think it might be a religious thing.

Okay guys so I was thinking what if for the Thief's Downfall (the waterfall that washes away enchantments then sets off an alarm and sends the cart plummeting downward) portion of the Gringotts mine coaster they used the technology from 13 at Alton Towers to literally drop our car??

Good thought, but the cart doesn't stop in Gringotts. Maybe if it was a really long piece of track that dropped that allowed the cart to keep moving while dropping :shrug: That would probably be a safety nightmare.

If the cart stops in the ride after the Thief's Downfall, they'd need a storyline about how the riders are breaking into Gringotts. That might work, but on the other hand it might not. I dunno if Rowling would go for that. People don't really break into Gringotts...and for good reason.

If the cart stops in the ride after the Thief's Downfall, they'd need a storyline about how the riders are breaking into Gringotts. That might work, but on the other hand it might not. I dunno if Rowling would go for that. People don't really break into Gringotts...and for good reason.

Or "something could go terribly wrong." This isn't going to be a simple tour of Gringotts. Simple in a theme park is boring.