Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

Hi Everyone, I finally get to visit Islands of Adventure 9/8/11 - 9/12/11? Does anyone know if this is a busy time? Its the weekend after Labor Day, so I was hoping not. I'm not staying at an on-site hotel, so any pointers on beating the lines in WWOHP would be helpful? What time should I arrive? Should I head straight to WWOHP? From Universal's website, it looks like the hours of operation on these days are 9a - 7p. I'm pretty sure this has been discussed, but not sure where to look.

That is indeed a great weekend to go. Summer vacation has just ended for most, and the majority of people that go to the parks have already for the summer. My favorite time to go is in November, before the holiday rush. It's usually dead.

Hi Everyone, I finally get to visit Islands of Adventure 9/8/11 - 9/12/11? Does anyone know if this is a busy time? Its the weekend after Labor Day, so I was hoping not. I'm not staying at an on-site hotel, so any pointers on beating the lines in WWOHP would be helpful? What time should I arrive? Should I head straight to WWOHP? From Universal's website, it looks like the hours of operation on these days are 9a - 7p. I'm pretty sure this has been discussed, but not sure where to look.

1.No but Potter will still attract waits
2.Arrive 30-45 mins before park opening. This will give you time park your car, get through security, and pick up your tickets.
3.Yes

Tips, head straight to Ollivanders and then do the FJ, FotH, and then Dragon Challenge x2. Then make sure to get a look into all the shops before the crowds build up. Of all places within the park the crowds will be most obvious within the small shops.

Just got back from a visit to WWoHP, made sure to look up during the whole of the dementor sucking effect and I can confirm that there are indeed several large dementors that are turned off after the soul sucking effect. While I heard they were just glued to the ceiling or something they looked pretty large and lifelike. Really hope they turn these bad boys on sometime. :pray:

Hogwarts is now a 3D building on Google Earth. Pretty cool.

I've giving it a try. Nice indeed

hogwartswithgoogleearth.jpg

Update from this evening,

The queue extension is nearing completion on the side closest to Jurassic Park but as you can see by the photos the area directly under the main facade of Hogwarts is just getting cleared and prepped for concrete.

August242011043.jpg

August242011044.jpg

August242011045.jpg

August242011046.jpg

August242011047.jpg

August242011048.jpg

Great picture Mookie. I assume this is looking towards the greenhouse area? Also, have we confirmed beyond a shadow that this will be a locker area or are we still somewhat in the dark?

Just saw this and yes its looking towards the Green House. Towards the back of the pic where you can make out railings is a single path that runs behind the snack stand in JP and then flows into the overflow queue of the FJ. Here is a picture of said connection to the overflow queue. As far as what it is I think its just a bypass or extension of the extended queue. Possibly even a bypass for stand bye without bags. I also think that express may be coming soon to the FJ and this may also help with the flow of things. Heck we might even see a preview of express before the Holiday season, a test if you will.

August62011068.jpg

I'm getting emotional chills in my spine...but the WW construction from 2008 to 2010 was a special time so it'll always give me goosebumps.

Great times :'(

EDIT: And it's been over 2 years since I joined this site...where'd time go?