The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 781 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Screamscape-

(10/31/11) Local sources tell us that the ‘new’ queue area for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was tested out over the weekend at times and is expected to go into normal use starting today. The new queue is to the left of the current entrance, and all guests (except single riders and those just taking the castle tour) will be sent into the new area and ‘pulsed’ through the locker area to help solve the bottleneck problem.

Can anyone find pics to verify?

I did see the new queue for FJ, but it was not open. This was Saturday afternoon.

I still don't understand how this will work... And anyways, I don't wanna skip the dungeons... I wanna skip the greenhouse! LOL!

Can't wait to see how the new queues improve flow around the WW! It's definitely needed!

I did see the new queue for FJ, but it was not open. This was Saturday afternoon.

I still don't understand how this will work... And anyways, I don't wanna skip the dungeons... I wanna skip the greenhouse! LOL!

Can't wait to see how the new queues improve flow around the WW! It's definitely needed!

Word. I'd rather spend an hour in the dungeons than an hour in the greenhouse.

So let me get this straight, a new lamp post is erected during construction of the WWoHP and we have updates via twitter, facebook, streaming video, photo trip reports, and phone calls all within minutes of it going up. But the newest modification to Potterland can't get photographs within days of opening? Come on MAN!

Harry Potter strikes again!

Sales rise again at Universal theme parks-Jason Garcia

Sales and profit continued to rise at Universal Parks & Resorts during the third quarter, as NBCUniversal's theme-park division continued to benefit from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando and a King Kong attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Quarterly revenue for the Universal parks business, now owned by Philadelphia-based cable giant Comcast Corp., climbed to $580 million from $531 million a year ago, an increase of 9.1 percent. Operating cash flow, a measure of profitability, rose to $285 million from $252 million, an increase of 12.6 percent.

Comcast said the increases per capita guest spending its parks rose by a double-digit percentage for the quarter, while it said attendance was "relatively stable" at its Florida and California parks.Analysts have been expecting Universal's huge attendance gains to level off this year, as it is now facing tougher year-over-year comparisons against the months following the opening of Wizarding World and King Kong 360. Wizarding World opened June 18, 2010, at Universal's Islands of Adventure, one of the two parks at Universal Oralndo, and the Kong attraction debuted a few weeks later at Universal Studios Hollywood.

For the first nine months of the year, Universal Parks & Resorts revenue jumped 32.9 percent to $1.5 billion and operating cash flow soared 61.2 percent to $644 million. In addition to Universal's two U.S. resorts, the unit also earns licensing fees from overseas Universal theme parks in Japan and Singapore.

"The Harry Potter and King Kong attractions have set new levels of performance and we're excited to see that continue in the third quarter," Comcast Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Brian Roberts said on a conference call with analysts. "We see real opportunity to further build the theme-park business."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-universal-earnings-20111102,0,3775912.story

Good! If they keep raking in the cash maybe they'll eventually decide to just turn all of Universal into a Harry Potter theme park. :lol:

I kid. But at least it bodes well for the likely expansion.

There's a breakfast available at Three Broomsticks, right? Has anyone ever had it and what time is it available from?

There still doing and its ehh... If you had to choose between eating breakfast or lunch at the three broomsticks, choose lunch.

There's a breakfast available at Three Broomsticks, right? Has anyone ever had it and what time is it available from?

My family thought the breakfast was alright, nothing special. Really did it because it came in the package and wanted to get it out of the way as soon as we could.

While perusing YouTube I stumbled upon this video which had me laughing at how comprehensive it was compared to the previous answers in this thread about d a n n y's question. He describes Three Broomstick's breakfast service while displaying the menu screens and then reviews his breakfast experience.

[video=youtube;zP4fsC9e82g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4fsC9e82g[/video]

So, there you go! :thumbs:

CNBC to premiere 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Revealed' on Nov 24th

"Still haven't made it to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida, and want to know how it was created? Then this is for you.
CNBC television will air a 30-minute show titled, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Revealed on Thursday, November 24th, at 10:00 PM EST.

From the press release:

Hear from the filmmakers and stars of the Harry Potter movies as they take you behind the scenes of the creation of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort. Get a peek at all the amazing rides and attractions that bring the world of Harry Potter and his friends to life.

Check your local television listings for times and channels in your area."

From Mugglenet.