The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 783 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ah, okay now I get it. I still don't get what the point is, though.

In my opinion, this organizes the crowds a bit and makes queue traffic run smoother. The new system sorts through the people before they go in so there's less of a traffic jam by the lockers, which has been happening since the attraction opened. Now non-riders are separated so they skip lockers all together and the rest of the people (those riding) are among a smaller crowd and they can be better directed by the staff. It just makes the locker traffic jam smaller :)

Ah, okay now I get it. I still don't get what the point is, though.

It stops the locker line from backing up into the walkways of the land and onto the JP bridge.

As for the actual line, Teebin, the line itself isn't what this is needed for. This is needed for the lockers. The line itself usually isn't that long.

Just hit me... are you saying that the non-riders go up the stairs fast pass queue?

I am not sure. I haven't done the "Tour of the Castle" in a long time, but I remember for the TotC you go up a separate set of stairs with a different hall of portraits integrated into this staircase. I don't think the FastPass would go through here, but then again, I am assuming this since we've never seen the FastPass queue open. Maybe this was the intended FP queue and it evolved into the Tour queue? Who knows...

Universal Express was to have its own queue, which is the current "castle tours" queue, yes. The same elevator used within the staircase of that portrait gallery is used in order to transport guests to the handicapped station. So even though its original purpose was not achieved, it still retained much use.

^Perhaps one of the best strategies. Like getting two rides in on Dragon Challenge per locker rental by using the staircase reentry, or getting a Butterbeer in the Hog's Head instead of from the cart.

I am not sure. I haven't done the "Tour of the Castle" in a long time, but I remember for the TotC you go up a separate set of stairs with a different hall of portraits integrated into this staircase. I don't think the FastPass would go through here, but then again, I am assuming this since we've never seen the FastPass queue open. Maybe this was the intended FP queue and it evolved into the Tour queue? Who knows...

Trust me... the portrait staircase was designed as the fast pass queue. The tour was something that was thought up after opening to help shorten the main queue.

Universal Express was to have its own queue, which is the current "castle tours" queue, yes. The same elevator used within the staircase of that portrait gallery is used in order to transport guests to the handicapped station. So even though its original purpose was not achieved, it still retained much use.

Are you positive that plans for the express have been permanently abandoned? I have never heard that offered.

Last edited:
Trust me... the portrait staircase was designed as the fast pass queue. The tour was something that was thought up after opening to help shorten the main queue.

Are you positive that plans for the express have been permanently abandoned? I have never heard that offered.

I, too, was under the impression that Express would be integrated, just not right away. I don't think Express is officially abandoned on FJ, but I could be wrong.

Honestly...I think they'd be smart to scrap express all together. It's really not needed at all.

This is true if they continue to open the park an hour early for hotel guests. Do they open every major attraction for the early opening or just WW? There is a cost tipping point to this if they cannot fill the hotels.

If you think about it, it woul be HORRIBLE for queue flow to have Express in FJ. Think of all those who come to Universal and stay on-site just for HP. A large amount of people would be people with keycards or who would buy Express just for HP. The Express queue would be forever long, and the stand-by queue would be super slow... I think Express is better left out for a good long while here.

Collider was one of the many websites and reporters invited to the recent Harry Potter Home Entertainment Celebration. They have recently posted this cool video as well a a write-up article with photos from all around the park. It's always interesting to hear first timers' reactions to something most of us have become well aware of.

Click for the article and here is their video and a few photos.

[video=vimeo;32098583]http://vimeo.com/32098583[/video]

The-Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter-2-600x400.jpg

The-Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter-10-600x400.jpg

The-Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter-60-600x450.jpg

The-Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter-53-600x400.jpg

The-Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter-47-600x400.jpg

I, too, was under the impression that Express would be integrated, just not right away. I don't think Express is officially abandoned on FJ, but I could be wrong.

It will come to the FJ at some point. I feel as if they are waiting to figure out the queue overflow situation as well as having to wait until things slow down at Potterland. Now when that happens though no one knows.

Honestly...I think they'd be smart to scrap express all together. It's really not needed at all.

Say what?! Lose easy profit dollars? As much as I hate the system all together it won't go away while its bringing in the bucks.

[video=youtube;XjsQUcFHF0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjsQUcFHF0k[/video]

I meant for FJ, not in general.

And I don't mind Express. I like it better than FP. But that's a whole nother topic...

Oops I got it confused. In that case though I totally understand your comment and agree its really not necessary at the FJ.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts