The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 784 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I rode FB today and noticed the Sorting Hat was off. Is that normal on a slow day?
Was it completely off? Was the audio still there? I've heard from several TM's that the sorting hat is a 10 point figure, meaning if he goes out, the ride *should* take a downtime, because it's the safety spiel for the ride. However, that's managements' decision.

Was it completely off? Was the audio still there? I've heard from several TM's that the sorting hat is a 10 point figure, meaning if he goes out, the ride *should* take a downtime, because it's the safety spiel for the ride. However, that's managements' decision.

While I totally believe what you are saying here... what a bunch of foolishness. As if anyone listens to every word that hat says. They are all too busy taking pictures of it.

He didn't move at all. Nor did the spiel play, then again, the same spiel is said in the room before it. The ride was moving though.

And the Trex in JP is a 10pt as well but that didn't stop them from running it anyways, it looks like they don't follow the point system anymore.

I don't think they follow it either. It was used to make the techs keep up with the show elements of the rides, and if an operations manager wanted to, they could call the attraction down, and be fully justified with it, thus putting more pressure on the techs to fix it. It's most likely a battle bewteen the operation and tech managers. My roommate once worked at Mummy when it was at 24 points, (all the fire out in scene 6, all the pop up mummies out, and the lights out in the treasure room). So yeah, thats a sucky day to ride Mummy.

My word, this is the second time I am out of the loop tonight. What is this 10pt crap? What theme park has EVER shut a ride down due to a figure not working? Maybe in the purist 70s-80s? I have seen more ripped dinos, frozen screens etc at both parks. Theoretically, no ride would ever go down with passengers on board as that would be bad show. 10 points. What a joke.

My word, this is the second time I am out of the loop tonight. What is this 10pt crap? What theme park has EVER shut a ride down due to a figure not working? Maybe in the purist 70s-80s? I have seen more ripped dinos, frozen screens etc at both parks. Theoretically, no ride would ever go down with passengers on board as that would be bad show. 10 points. What a joke.

It was a practice that was brought up some time ago. Each figure/element is assigned a point amount. If the total # of points being down adds up to 10, then the ride would theoretically go down. Tiffany the T-rex is supposed to be 10, if she's down, there is no ride.

Tiffany the T-rex is supposed to be 10, if she's down, there is no ride.

My point is, the ride didn't go down. I fear this point thing is a bunch of mythological crap as none of the two major parks in Florida adhere to it at all. There are so many myths about the parks here that even the locals perpetuate: "Tree hit by lighting today will be replaced by sunrise tomorrow" etc. If the point system doesn't shut down any ride here, then it is untrue... the system does not exist at all. It is FOOF.

If they don't follow through with it, then the rule doesn't exist. It is a false rule. Right? BANG BANG THUMP Right? Are our criminal courts going to work hard to get a ghost out of prison next? I don't mind them assigning points to a particular item in an attraction. That is just fun junk-story. But unless the ride transport system goes down (end of the world) no ride will ever shut down. Please stop defending the myth that it will because of a funky robot.

Question.....Has anyone had "Pumpkin Fizz"? How does it differ from Pumpkin Juice? :huh:

the-three-broomsticks-menu-2.png

Wait, the juice or fizz? I absolutely adore Pumpkin Juice. Did you shake it before drinking? It's sort of something to drink in small sips to let it wash down with flavor, not something to gulp. Not unlike Butterbeer.