The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 782 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey anyone... what is the last building in hogsmeade on the right used for?? (the building next to Olivanders and I believe the one with the howler letter) Are there storage doors on the backside of it?

That building is next to the supposed construction for the better Ollivander's queue, and I do believe there are storage doors behind it. But that joint-store is home to Spintwitches (the Quidditch shop with the shaking Quidditch ball set and flying snitch) and Tomes & Scrolls (the bookshop laden with Gilderoy Ego-heart's face).

That building is next to the supposed construction for the better Ollivander's queue, and I do believe there are storage doors behind it. But that joint-store is home to Spintwitches (the Quidditch shop with the shaking Quidditch ball set and flying snitch) and Tomes & Scrolls (the bookshop laden with Gilderoy Ego-heart's face).

Thanks, it is sad that the effects in those windows have been lost to a queue that moves sooooo slowly. I couldn't see them because of the boondoggle. (wow, boondoggle is a word! i had no idea.)

Indeed, however with the aforementioned queue extension (or whatever it will end up being) the effects might not be hindered anymore! You're also forgetting that there is, in fact, such a season wherein that part can be viewed without disruption! :lol:

This weekend I spent some time at the WWoHP, so I have a couple updates!

First, the limited edition chocolate frogs with the Dumbledore card are not out yet. I got a "Maybe by Christmas" response from a few different Honeydukes people.

The construction is still going on for the Ollivanders queue. Not finished yet.

The new queue for Forbidden Journey is open, as previously reported, so I went and gave it a go. I thought it worked quite well! They have a good flow going and staff instructing people and keeping it well organized. Now only those taking the "tour of the castle" enter through the gates with the winged hogs. All riders enter to the side and walk this queue extension, which makes a "U" through the pine trees to the left of the cliffs, and then turn back around to go through the gates into Hogwarts. Once you enter the cliffs/dungeons, they again have staff directing people very well on where to go if they have bags, if they're single riders, etc. So overall, it looks like a good adjustment! Here are some pics I snapped while walking the queue extension:

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0338-1.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0344.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BJCool
So, that's it? This new queue is to solve the problem of overflow of FJ out of the castle? How often did this happen in the past year? This is an extremely expensive solution to what I have perceived as a limited problem. Am I missing something else that this solves?

So, that's it? This new queue is to solve the problem of overflow of FJ out of the castle? How often did this happen in the past year? This is an extremely expensive solution to what I have perceived as a limited problem. Am I missing something else that this solves?

When I was there, it happened every hour of every day. People would get jammed up at the lockers constantly. Nobody knew what they were doing, everybody was just following the sheep in front of them.

So wait. Can RIDERS still enter the castle through the original entrance, turn right, and progress in the dungeon-like part of the queue to where it would lead into the greenhouse area? Or are those doors by where the beer stand used to be now closed and the rider line is exclusively outside?

Everyone who rides goes through this new queue entrance. Only the non-riders go in directly through the gates (the right half of the path through the gates). Then once you enter the cliffs/dungeon, there's staff directing people with bags to the lockers, single riders to the left, etc. So if you ride you must enter through the new extension, no matter if you are a single rider, a party of 2+, have or don't have bags.

Here's a rough sketch I just quickly dribbled to show how this works:
IMAG0445.jpg

Oh, okay, so the new queue extension area isn't actually connected to the where the lines near and in greenhouse are? It just doubles back to the front of the Hogwarts facade? :inquisitive:

I had no idea the overflow out of the castle had been so common. There is no ride on earth I would wait that long for. The one time I went was a maxed out greenhouse... and even then I found myself playing the "look for the most attractive people in the queue and create a story about them" game. Oooh... that sounds creepy. What is more creepy is this new extended queue.

Oh, okay, so the new queue extension area isn't actually connected to the where the lines near and in greenhouse are? It just doubles back to the front of the Hogwarts facade? :inquisitive:

Yup!

I had no idea the overflow out of the castle had been so common. There is no ride on earth I would wait that long for. The one time I went was a maxed out greenhouse... and even then I found myself playing the "look for the most attractive people in the queue and create a story about them" game. Oooh... that sounds creepy. What is more creepy is this new extended queue.

:lol: Nice game :lol:

I think this added step in the queue process works well to organize people and avoid the mess of people by the lockers. Imagine that before this everyone just walked in and then got stumped when they reached the dungeons/lockers. Now whoever is not riding has their own queue from the beginning and they don't add to the cluster****. Then as soon as riders enter the cliffs you got staff directing everyone with a bag larger than yay big to go to the lockers and then separating single riders from parties. It definitely looked a lot more organized! Also I have to say, it is quite pretty walking through the pine trees and looking up at the castle in the cliffs. And the breezy shade of the trees is nice too.

Everyone who rides goes through this new queue entrance. Only the non-riders go in directly through the gates (the right half of the path through the gates). Then once you enter the cliffs/dungeon, there's staff directing people with bags to the lockers, single riders to the left, etc. So if you ride you must enter through the new extension, no matter if you are a single rider, a party of 2+, have or don't have bags.

Here's a rough sketch I just quickly dribbled to show how this works:
IMAG0445.jpg
Ah, okay now I get it. I still don't get what the point is, though.

This is awesome :lol: