The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 785 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Experienced the new queue setup at FJ today and it didn't seem to work well at all. You entered through the new section and it took you all the way back next to the greenhouse and then back to the front again.

Also I'm sure they don't do this all the time, but the queue extended into a backstage area between JP and the castle which looked terrible.

Anyway back to the queue. Well the line crawled through the area next to the greenhouse while the greenhouse itself was COMPLETELY EMPTY. Once we got passed the lockers we literally walked all the way through the greenhouse AND through the castle without stopping right to the Sorting Hat area. Hopefully they can work out this queue because inside the castle is where you want to be waiting, not outside.

Later on we rode again and tried the Filch's shortcut with no issues so you can basically cut your wait time in half using that method. You could also easily tell them you wanted just the castle tour to bypass the new queue and enter the ride line from there. Not saying you should, but from what I saw it would be easy.

The whole setup for the queue, lockers, and Filch's seem so poorly planned, but at least the ride is amazing.

Last edited:
Totally self-indulgent I know... but I was first bringing up google maps to see if they could build a service canal into the lake at US. Then once I figured out that as of three years ago they couldn't I drifted I just got thinking, how big is Hogsmeade? Well, at 100' resolution, turns out it could fit in my back yard. Anyone want to go into a $100 million building project with me? LOL

hogsmeade_byrd.jpg

Oh yeah, you will have to enter this Hogsmeade from the south and not the east... I rotated it to fit just so.

Last edited:
Experienced the new queue setup at FJ today and it didn't seem to work well at all. You entered through the new section and it took you all the way back next to the greenhouse and then back to the front again.

Also I'm sure they don't do this all the time, but the queue extended into a backstage area between JP and the castle which looked terrible.

Anyway back to the queue. Well the line crawled through the area next to the greenhouse while the greenhouse itself was COMPLETELY EMPTY. Once we got passed the lockers we literally walked all the way through the greenhouse AND through the castle without stopping right to the Sorting Hat area. Hopefully they can work out this queue because inside the castle is where you want to be waiting, not outside.

Later on we rode again and tried the Filch's shortcut with no issues so you can basically cut your wait time in half using that method. You could also easily tell them you wanted just the castle tour to bypass the new queue and enter the ride line from there. Not saying you should, but from what I saw it would be easy.

The whole setup for the queue, lockers, and Filch's seem so poorly planned, but at least the ride is amazing.

From what I assumed, the extension is supposed to help with the flow of the locker area, not the overall queue. I don't think it's just to add extra queue, but to give them time to sort you at the beginning and organize the crowd so it doesn't form a huge clot by the lockers.

Totally self-indulgent I know... but I was first bringing up google maps to see if they could build a service canal into the lake at US. Then once I figured out that as of three years ago they couldn't I drifted I just got thinking, how big is Hogsmeade? Well, at 100' resolution, turns out it could fit in my back yard. Anyone want to go into a $100 million building project with me? LOL

hogsmeade_byrd.jpg

Oh yeah, you will have to enter this Hogsmeade from the south and not the east... I rotated it to fit just so.

AWESOME! :lol: And it's always been a dream of mine to have a theme park or maybe just a roller coaster in my back yard... Ever since I saw Richie Rich :lol:

From what I assumed, the extension is supposed to help with the flow of the locker area, not the overall queue. I don't think it's just to add extra queue, but to give them time to sort you at the beginning and organize the crowd so it doesn't form a huge clot by the lockers

The queue extension really just keeps the line from extending out into Hogsmeade. The locker jumble of people is just as bad.

From what I assumed, the extension is supposed to help with the flow of the locker area, not the overall queue. I don't think it's just to add extra queue, but to give them time to sort you at the beginning and organize the crowd so it doesn't form a huge clot by the lockers.

AWESOME! :lol: And it's always been a dream of mine to have a theme park or maybe just a roller coaster in my back yard... Ever since I saw Richie Rich :lol:

I always thought that was cool but Iron Wolf ehh I think I'll pass :lol:

AP holder email says AP holders get into WWoHP an hour early from Jan 5 to Feb 5. Good deal.

That's nice, but to be honest I'm not a morning person :p and having an AP I don't really need an extra hour to get more WWoHP in, especially during the slow season... Not that big of a perk for an AP holder.

I don't think I can make it to Universal this weekend, so I wanted to request of anyone going, can you check or ask if the Special/Limited Edition chocolate frogs with the Dumbledore card are out yet? I don't wanna miss out on those!

That's nice, but to be honest I'm not a morning person :p and having an AP I don't really need an extra hour to get more WWoHP in, especially during the slow season... Not that big of a perk for an AP holder.

I don't think I can make it to Universal this weekend, so I wanted to request of anyone going, can you check or ask if the Special/Limited Edition chocolate frogs with the Dumbledore card are out yet? I don't wanna miss out on those!

The WWoHP has a slow season? :lol:

You know what I mean :p Slow season for Uni... It's a nice perk for people coming in who have a limited time to visit, but having an AP means you can come as much as you want, so it's not that much of a perk. Now the on-site hotel rates in that same period of time is a different story ;-)

Aaah... now I get what they did... I think. One used to exit DC and walk straight ahead behind the buildings to the train station and strollers etc. They have cut that off and so now you must exit back out into the main street and fight your way back to the train station. Am I correct?

To clarify, they had to cut into a HUGE concrete themed berm between the exit arch going towards Hogwarts and that is where riders now exit.

Last edited:

Didn't know about the special edition chocolate frogs!

Last edited:

I think I may fight my way into the parks tomorrow and ask around

The WWoHP has a slow season? :lol:

Yeah no joke even this past week or so during the "slow time" ride wait times are mostly at 5 mins or less but it's weird you go from a dead park to a Christmas day packed tiny space in HP I really still get a kick out of people waiting in line for a gift shop.... then I recall I did it too during soft openings lol

Aaah... now I get what they did... I think. One used to exit DC and walk straight ahead behind the buildings to the train station and strollers etc. They have cut that off and so now you must exit back out into the main street and fight your way back to the train station. Am I correct?

To clarify, they had to cut into a HUGE concrete themed berm between the exit arch going towards Hogwarts and that is where riders now exit.

Correct!

Idk if any of you guys have a thing for Starbucks like I do. If you do, I recommend a Butterbeer frap.

White chocolate creme frappuccino w/ hazelnut syrup and toffee nut syrup!
Agj8b0nCIAE08To.jpg