The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 823 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From @bioreconstruct

Body-to-body log jam today to reach Harry Potter in IOA. Choice of a timed entry ticket, or waiting in a standby queue

ibie0xt5CQlxQA.jpg

Bypass bridge past the Wizarding World of Harry Potter also congested today.

iXR2OeK5oTQVC.jpg

From Florida Thrills Network

What is the newest and quite possibly the most popular island in the park had a major traffic jam during my visit. It seems Forbidden Journey had to close for technical difficulties and this no one was leaving the island to let more guests in, this caused a huge bottleneck in lost continent since Jurassic Park was an exit only route from the wizarding world. Return time tickets were being distributed nearby in the former queue for the Triceratops Encounter.

iQkQT8XYwpDV1.jpg

iOrT4SSqql2Ba.jpg

illZdg0kizKiz.jpg

Photo of the new stage from Orlando Informer:

iVF6nnPF1EkEE.jpg

From @OrlandoInformer

Crowd control outside of [HASHTAG]#WWoHP[/HASHTAG]

ibsYdtYHeGP2yC.jpg

No [HASHTAG]#WWoHP[/HASHTAG] return tickets needed today

ibnKJG4BT68BIt.jpg

The new [HASHTAG]#WWoHP[/HASHTAG] live performance stage is already completed

ibkfok3oeaqsC0.jpg

Secondary function for the new [HASHTAG]#WWoHP[/HASHTAG] live performance stage: much needed seating inside Hogsmeade

ibilH4RYyNH7Q.jpg

From @orlando_parks

The stage is complete:

iXJWb6pV186E0.jpg

Last edited:
Potter is just the gift that keeps on giving for Universal. I actually love seeing these pictures and seeing how packed Islands is, especially after so many years of low attendance.

Potter is just the gift that keeps on giving for Universal. I actually love seeing these pictures and seeing how packed Islands is, especially after so many years of low attendance.

As do I! Love hearing its at capacity and this is just the beginning.

The new stage is great :thumbs: Plus great added bonus of seating :lol: :thumbs: I am glad the holes are gone, but I agree that the texture/finish on the rock is ugly.

I was there on Friday, sometime around 1 and 2pm, and it was SO packed. I walked towards the WW from the LC side and I was re-routed through the temp bridge to JP where the stand-by line and return-ticket machines were. Well, the return time was for 7pm, so needless to say we decided to leave Islands and headed over to the Studios at that time. Also, apart from this, even the posted wait time for Dragons was 90 minutes, so that alone is enough to scare me away. I am glad I have an AP and can return whenever I want ;)

So, I returned on Saturday night, around 10pm. There was a 30 minute posted wait for FJ, but it was walk-on for me because I went through the single rider queue. Actually, it was probably walk-on for anyone because when I got to the Sorting Hat, my brother and I, plus some lady who also went single rider, we all got to ride together on the same bench because there were no other Muggles around :shrug: Same thing with Dragons, which had a 10-minute posted wait time but was walk-on for both sides :shrug:

Anyhow, back to FJ, this was the first time I saw the new Floo Network effect, and it's definitely an improvement over the stone look. But there's still issues... I mean dead spots on the top part where you can clearly see the fabric/material they are projecting on (just like on Mummy, in the turn-table scene). Also, in the Dementors' soul sucking scene, they had some other people's pics projected. We were three, and they had pics up of two other guys that were definitely not any of us three on that bench :shrug:

Come on, Uni! You're doing so great overall! Get it together on these details!!

Its crazy! I was there these past 4 days!! We went Saturday and that was beyond packed. 2 hours in the standby line. However, we went the day after christmas, at around 10pm, and it was the best experience ever. Rode Harry Potter twice in 15 minutes, and was able to do the front row of the Hulk twice in 15 minutes too. It was weird how empty the park was.

Hey guys, maybe this is a stupid question or may have been answered before, but I have always wondered... What's inside the Hogwarts facade? Not the ride building, the castle. I once saw some construction pictures of the great hall windows and there was a light on and you could see the shadows of 2 workers.

Hey guys, maybe this is a stupid question or may have been answered before, but I have always wondered... What's inside the Hogwarts facade? Not the ride building, the castle. I once saw some construction pictures of the great hall windows and there was a light on and you could see the shadows of 2 workers.

The Great Hall is empty. It isn't even actually a room. The walls stop about 18 inches above the show building roof and if you catch the sunset just right, from the Port of Entry, you can see the sun shining through the gap.

The Great Hall is empty. It isn't even actually a room. The walls stop about 18 inches above the show building roof and if you catch the sunset just right, from the Port of Entry, you can see the sun shining through the gap.

Even to elaborate on that, if you walk into the crevasse in the rockwork, you can look up into the Great Hall. Empty shell.

What about the other rooms and the courtyard? also does anyone understands why the Viaduct bridge doesn't connects both building? it just goes through the rock..

What about the other rooms and the courtyard? also does anyone understands why the Viaduct bridge doesn't connects both building? it just goes through the rock..

Actually, you do not see inside the great hall from the crevasse in the rockwork, you look right up in the center of courtyard to the sky. There is no floor. Everything is just fake fake fake... it is for show only. The designers designed everything to look the way it does from multiple angles, they did not design it to make perfect sense.