The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh, ok. I knew that if there were AAs already installed they wouldn't dispose of them. It was just the idea that maybe there was suppossed to be more.

No one ever breaks the rule of "block all show building from the views of the guests" in theme park industry.
(all expect for Soaring at Epcot)

Look at this crap!
normal_051508-tdkbuilding2.jpg

It's simply awful. They never bothered with the rest of the city facade

First off, WELCOME to the forum.

Secondly, Teebin, I agree with him. Your stories are quite silly. But I'm ok with that, because it's far more fun than saying, "my sources say bla bla bla." rhino4ever, you could loosen up a bit. Coming in as Mr. Grumpy Gills is no way to make friends.

not really here to make friends, just get new info, and I find it kind of annoying to have to read through these "riddles". Im glad some of you are enjoying them, but really could we just cut to the chase? No reason to make such a huge production out of such minor revelations. Can someone make a thread that's updated with new info only...I feel like I have to read through pages and pages of dreck just to get any info. I don't post often because I don't feel the need to post every few minutes like a few of you.

on a side note: Portal is one of my favorite games of all time (and ive been gaming for a long time). I can't wait for the sequel.

I know nothing of a scene including the Basilisk/COS except for the fact that we all have seen pictures of the cobra heads backstage.

Not to worry, what I was speaking of was a "rumor" regarding one particular scene/prop that was seriously modified due to money.

I have not heard any "rumors" regarding other scenes or props being seriously modified but as others have stated, theme park attractions are modified during const. all the time due to budget overruns and yes, underruns. Just not to the "rumored" extent that was told to me by a snake, and that is why I considered the "rumor" to be interesting "news", "if true".

jeeze Teebin, why didn't you just say this instead of the whole snake story in the first place, this is alot different than what you made it originally sound like, the entire ride suffering... If we're speaking in terms of an animatronic suffering budget wise, thats fine, seeing as Universal's AAs usually suck i.e. The mummy... I am really glad that Uni discovered this new 3D-like projection that will work alot more efficiently than AAs as long as they update their projectors over time.

not really here to make friends, just get new info, and I find it kind of annoying to have to read through these "riddles". Im glad some of you are enjoying them, but really could we just cut to the chase? No reason to make such a huge production out of such minor revelations. Can someone make a thread that's updated with new info only...I feel like I have to read through pages and pages of dreck just to get any info. I don't post often because I don't feel the need to post every few minutes like a few of you.

on a side note: Portal is one of my favorite games of all time (and ive been gaming for a long time). I can't wait for the sequel.

There is a reason Teebin gives riddles. If you have really been following, then you would know what happens when you try to straight up post certain things on this forum. He doesn't just do it for the fun (although I'm sure he gets a kick out of it every once and a while). Also, some people here are passionate about theme parks and like to discuss things. They don't need to get slammed by someone who joined three weeks ago.

Last edited:
jeeze Teebin, why didn't you just say this instead of the whole snake story in the first place, this is alot different than what you made it originally sound like, the entire ride suffering... If we're speaking in terms of an animatronic suffering budget wise, thats fine, seeing as Universal's AAs usually suck i.e. The mummy... I am really glad that Uni discovered this new 3D-like projection that will work alot more efficiently than AAs as long as they update their projectors over time.

Ihmotep was a victim of a budget cut, that dude wae fluent back in the hydrolic days.

Agree with you 100%.

The mummy is one of the best AA's I've ever seen and considering i'm a film student who looks at this kind of stuff as i prefer physical effects to CGI... You got to understand that a themepark AA is going to be different than any other AA you see. They are constantly going to go down and they will get jerky over time. Less than every 30 seconds the mummy has to cycle. It TAKES A STEP out of an enclosure and looks like it pushes the door open. That is UBER impressive right there... Then on top of that it looks hollow... You cant see the inner workings though. Now im sure if you analyze it and ride it everytime you go of course you are going to notice some flaws, or see it running bad alot but to say that it's a sorry AA is pretty dumb. Atleast universal's Mummy is still working and they dont have to remove a piece of the existing structure to fix it due to poor design. Atleast it's possible to rehab the mummy.

There is a reason Teebin gives riddles. If you have really been following, then you would know what happens when you try to straight up post certain things on this forum. He doesn't just do it for the fun (although I'm sure he gets a kick out of it every once and a while). Also, some people here are passionate about theme parks and like to discuss things. They don't need to get slammed by someone who joined three weeks ago.

ACTUALLY, I HAVE been following. And Scott In NY was using "riddles" too. In fact if you follow my short post history, you'll notice I called him out on that too...

On other forums (and I post on quite a few) this is called "baiting".

The "ooh ooh, I know some big secret, but can only tell you in small bits of cryptic info" posts would result in a straight up ban on other sites.

Not that I want him to be banned, I don't. I just think it's getting a little out of hand...like I said Im glad some of you find all this crap about snakes eating squirrels entertaining, but it comes off incredibly annoying on my side of the monitor.

I will go back to the shadows now...

I agree with you Jymmymack. I find it amazing that people get angry about having to read through these pages of "dreck" , as if someone is forcing them to read through it. Here's a thought, just don't read every post. I enjoy the riddles.

Hmmm... I only see the words "one & component" mentioned in my quote below.

Weeeeeeell, one MAJOR MAJOR component of FJ came back with quotes from all sub contractors at TWICE what Universal anticipated... WAY over their projected budget.

ACTUALLY, I HAVE been following. And Scott In NY was using "riddles" too. In fact if you follow my short post history, you'll notice I called him out on that too...

On other forums (and I post on quite a few) this is called "baiting".

The "ooh ooh, I know some big secret, but can only tell you in small bits of cryptic info" posts would result in a straight up ban on other sites.

Not that I want him to be banned, I don't. I just think it's getting a little out of hand...like I said Im glad some of you find all this crap about snakes eating squirrels entertaining, but it comes off incredibly annoying on my side of the monitor.

I will go back to the shadows now...

Guess what, there was A HUGE controversy on this thread. If people get real in depth and detailed, there are repercussions. If you had been following that particular moment of OU history, you'd know what I was talking about. It started off as entertainment, you're right, but now it is essential. So enough bashing, if you don't want to read then don't read. Have someone PM you with vital info, if you must, but you're wasting our time with complaints about how OTHER PEOPLE post. Let's get back on topic.

Last edited:
1. The first time I rode the Mummy the first AA was just amazing, so realistic!!! I've noticed that it is indeed more jerky though but the ride is still pretty tight.

2. I don't mean to repeat myself but I don't like seeing numerous posts criticizing one member. It detracts from the topic at hand and are uncalled for. If you blokes don't like teebin and his riddles then once again I must point out that there IS a block button. If u don't like a particular member just ignore him and move on, there is no need to go on and on about how you don't like how he does this or you don't like how he does that. Teebin's info may be proven to be false once the park opens, but in the meantime it provides us with hours of entertainment. Would u rather someone post things we already know or something boring, or would u rather them post something that is funto speculate over but may be false??? I'd choose the latter anyday. So, for the time being, please stop with the ridicule because it's starting to get on my last nerve. Thansk

sorry for the rant, I just don't approve of picking on any members

Hmmm... I only see the words "one & component" mentioned in my quote below.

I didn't mean to sound like a jerk Teebin, just misread, sorry. Its just that I have been waiting and waiting like most of you guys for over a year now to see what all the noise is about and at this close to opening and possible soft opening I'm just getting tired of waiting. Notice I hardly ever posted previously. Thanks for your info, although when I see long posts from you Teebin I seem to skim through them frantically searching for final answers and can read past important details, once again sorry. And about the AA thing, nevermind. All I'll say is hopefully this Potter attraction will get uni more money to put towards rehabing their other attractions...

NERD FIGHT, NERD FIGHT!!!! hahaha Everyone relax...god its just the internet! Just log off and continue with your real lives!
Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Hey Guys! So tonight is the first grad bash date, (many of my friends weren't in school today because of it) :/ but i guess we'll find out today if they are opening any portion of the wizarding world to visiting senior classes! =D

^^^ Not happening besides DD will prob. be open in it's current state but I hope everyone who goes has fun

To remind everyone of my post a page back to get us back on topic. The WWoHP area has a capacity of 1,500 so let's consider how many passholders & package holders by themselves could even cause the craziest opening in theme park history since the 1st day of Disneyland.

What exactly defines the "topic" . I thought as long as it has to do with WWoHP we're on topic? Anyway a little late response to the fake fire..It looks awesome and for sure a way to pull of the floo powder. As for openings I only imagine it has to be within 2 weeks right? Judging by what we can see. Of course there are a lot of components to this that we are not aware of, so i suppose it's a wait and see scenario.

^^^ Not happening besides DD will prob. be open in it's current state but I hope everyone who goes has fun

To remind everyone of my post a page back to get us back on topic. The WWoHP area has a capacity of 1,500 so let's consider how many passholders & package holders by themselves could even cause the craziest opening in theme park history since the 1st day of Disneyland.

Respectfully DisFreakBrent, where did the number 1500 for capacity come from? If a ride has a throughput of 2000 people per hour.... and the wait time for the ride is 90 minutes... then the cue itself has a capacity of at LEAST 2500. DC, FJ combined would be 5000 people in cue alone on a busy day. I personally would put the capacity of all the WW at around 10-15K alone, maybe more. If I am mistaken in my logic, then I apologize.

Respectfully DisFreakBrent, where did the number 1500 for capacity come from? If a ride has a throughput of 2000 people per hour.... and the wait time for the ride is 90 minutes... then the cue itself has a capacity of at LEAST 2500. DC, FJ combined would be 5000 people in cue alone on a busy day. I personally would put the capacity of all the WW at around 10-15K alone, maybe more. If I am mistaken in my logic, then I apologize.

If I'm not mistaken, that number popped up when someone assumed (and we all know what happens when you assume) the capacity for Potterland was only just Hogsmeade. I don't think they actually took into account DC, FJ, FH, and the entirety of Hogsmeade's stores, restaurants, etc.. So, yeah, I'd say that capacity is probably more around 7500 than, say, 10-15K. That's a whole heck of a lot of people to stuff into an area that small, so I think 10-15K capacity numbers is nothing short of a logistics nightmare.