The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 508 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Actually, ANYONE can walk back there. It is just down this walkway:

hp03s.jpg

Once again, here's the link to J.K. Rowling's discussion of wands:

http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/en/extrastuff_view.cfm?id=18

As she says, only Harry, Ron, and Hermione have wands which correspond to the Celtic calendar. As the rest of the characters' wands indicate, one's birthday does not necessarily determine which wand will "choose" you. Your birthday may be in July, but the Holly wand may not be the "right" wand for you. Look at JKR's description of why Hagrid's wand would be made of Oak. She has developed a lot of wand lore. The wand masters at Ollivander's aren't randomly "faking" it if they give you a wand which doesn't go with your birthday.

Actually, ANYONE can walk back there. It is just down this walkway:

hp03s.jpg

Yet no one had until you Disneyhead! Surprised the steelwork is visible from there at all. Can you say, "we ran out of money!". Otherwise, behind that brown door is the singles club and yet, that is not the entrance to the singles club.

--- Update ---

No, the shafts are way behind this facing picture. They are on the wall behind the photographer... and should be visible only from a door from "Open Space 107" which is not accessible at all. Disneyhead is one clever and seize the moment kinda guy. I think he seized an almost unobtainable moment and grabbed it. That is the press for ya!

Whoa... big mistake... that IS one of the shafts as the photo is taken looking towards the east, not the north. So yes kitfisto92... it is one of the shafts. I apologize for my earlier post.

Last edited:
Whoa... big mistake... that IS one of the shafts as the photo is taken looking towards the east, not the north. So yes kitfisto92... it is one of the shafts. I apologize for my earlier post.

Apology accepted! lol I didn't even have time to respond to the first post. It's hard to tell from the angle and everything in there.

In other news... if I have time this weekend, I want to put together some "before and after's." Should be interesting.

--- Update ---

:welcome: ThatGuy! Thanks for the insight.

Hey guys! Well.. I'm trying to calculate how much money I want to spend at WWoHP. Does someone have a rather complete list of prices of merch at WWoHP? Right now I'm wondering how much a Remembrall costs.

I've kinda spent the past two hours looking for it, but no luck. :/

~JW

Hey guys! Well.. I'm trying to calculate how much money I want to spend at WWoHP. Does someone have a rather complete list of prices of merch at WWoHP? Right now I'm wondering how much a Remembrall costs.

~JW
I believe a Remembrall costs around $15, same as a Sneakoscope. I could be wrong, since I haven't been there, but that's what I read somewhere...

--- Update ---

Goodluck to anyone heading out today :)

Are all the WWOHP wands resin, both the unique ones and the character wands?

Also, are the pumpkin juice bottles plastic? I'm a bit disappointed to see that even the Hogs Head stein is plastic!

Last edited:
Are all the WWOHP wands resin, both the unique ones and the character wands?

Also, are the pumpkin juice bottles plastic? I'm a bit disappointed to see that even the Hogs Head stein is plastic!

Yes, they all seem to be resin.

And yes, the butterbeer and hogs head mugs, as well as the pumpkin juice bottles, are all plastic.

Butit makes sense that the refillable souveneir mugs would be plastic - even the hogs head one. They dont want broken glass all over the park! LOL. The regular souveneir beer pilsners in the partks are also plastic.

But, if you want a really NICE (somewhat classy) souveneir - I saw a large size German-style beer stein of Hogwarts castle with the metal flip-lid on it (the top of the lid has the WWoHP logo) in the main IOA gift shop the other day: I think it was 40 bucks. But its on my list.

They also have a nice set of slightly smaller ones without the metal lids - if I remember right there was one for each house and they match the design of the larger one. I think they were about 10 bucks cheaper each.

They also have a set of glassware: Collins glass, glass mug (about the same size as the hogs head or butterbeer souveneir mug) and a shorter whiskey glass, I think they were each about 9-10 bucks, but you could build a nice barware set out of them. If I remember right they had all of the houses symbols etched into the glass and the main logo (shield) was in yellow.

Last edited:
40 bucks is a bit steep :0 goodness

Edit: Ah right, glad to hear about the glass collection and smaller metal collection - we may have to invest in some of those :) were they purely in WWOHP or in the main gift shop too?

~JW

Not being a Potter fan, but having the girls along and adding a hero wand and a quaffle ball for myself (just cause I thought they were kind of cool), I still spent about 250-300 bucks over 2 mornings. (including drinks). So if you are a true Potter fan, better plan on bringing a lot of cash!

But your specific quesiton, I think the Rememball and the sneakoscope were both about 15 bucks.

As far as a complete list, I dont think anyone has even tried compiling one yet, but theres a lot of partial lists in the forum already. Remember there is also a bunch of merch that is already sold out, and a bunch more that they havent even received the first shipments of yet!

--- Update ---

I'm heading out there today, anyone else going?

Thinking seriously about it...might be the last chance to ride with smaller crowds - lol!

--- Update ---

40 bucks is a bit steep :0 goodness

Edit: Ah right, glad to hear about the glass collection and smaller metal collection - we may have to invest in some of those :) were they purely in WWOHP or in the main gift shop too?

Yes they were. But just to clarify, they (the steins) were not metal - they are more of a traditional ceramic (made to look like castle walls - off white) - the only one that had a metal lid was the larger one (the Castle one).

I did remember seeing the smaller steins in one of the shops in WWoHP, as well as at least some of the glass ones, but all of them were available in the main IOA shop. Its nice to know that they also are stocking them in the main gift shops: you can wait and get them on the way out instead of carrying them from the back of the park! Also means they will be "common" merch. (kept well in stock).

Do you think it will be a lot busier next week? I hope it isn't too bad. We are planning to check it out net Monday and Wednesday.

Hard to say, I dont think anyone really "knows"...I know that the local schools let out on Wed next week for summer vacation, and with it being a week closer to opening I would "guess" anyway that they sold more hotel packages (common sense says the closer to opening the more likely it is to be finished - at least thats what I would have thought if I was buying a package), plus they are not on full day openings yet: so only folks who head there in the AM are getting in - not the majority of the visiting public yet.
Right now its just the hardcore fans, the package holders, and the lucky ones who can take off from work, etc on a moments notice. Now that the word is out that softs are happening more regularly, I would also expect this weekend to be a bit busier in WWoHP since more local folks can go on the weekend to try and get in with work schedules and all.
Just all the things I am considering.
Time for me to hop in the car - think I just talked myself into one more trip alone today!
(Besides Ive got Disney and the MSEP previews to go to tomorrow!)

Junior, I have a souvenir thread in the Disney, Universal, SeaWorld United section that has some prices. I've also written down things as they've come across. As mentioned, we don't have a total list yet but I've been trying to put one together a piece at a time.

Junior, I have a souvenir thread in the Disney, Universal, SeaWorld United section that has some prices. I've also written down things as they've come across. As mentioned, we don't have a total list yet but I've been trying to put one together a piece at a time.

If I ever get a chance to go back out there and get in, I'll bring a notepad and write down lots of prices. :)

Thanks a bunch Danielle. I don't plan on buying everything but would like to compile a list of prices for stuff that way people can plan out how much spending money they need. I know a lot of families are on budgets so it will help to already know what you want and how much to spend when you get there.

Once again, here's the link to J.K. Rowling's discussion of wands:

http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/en/extrastuff_view.cfm?id=18

As she says, only Harry, Ron, and Hermione have wands which correspond to the Celtic calendar. As the rest of the characters' wands indicate, one's birthday does not necessarily determine which wand will "choose" you. Your birthday may be in July, but the Holly wand may not be the "right" wand for you. Look at JKR's description of why Hagrid's wand would be made of Oak. She has developed a lot of wand lore. The wand masters at Ollivander's aren't randomly "faking" it if they give you a wand which doesn't go with your birthday.

Many thanks for clarifying this ThatGuy.
:thumbs:

If I ever get a chance to go back out there and get in, I'll bring a notepad and write down lots of prices. :)

If you truely do that I would go back and find the prices that have already been listed on here cause there has been a large amount already mentioned.... I say this because there is sooooo much stuff at the WWoHP and each shop has different items It would make your day long and tiring.