The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 689 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It would be very smart for them to eventually do both. Maybe this year do Christmas, next Halloween, then learn from their mistakes and create two excellent special events.

Christmas. The roofs are already covered in snow, snowman in place. The Potter series was always more focused on Christmas than Halloween so it would fit the franchise better.

Definitely Christmas. While Halloween could work pretty well with the franchise, Christmas would be much more family-friendly. Plus, as Yeti mentioned, Christmas fits Hogsmeade and the series much more than Halloween.

Really?? That surprises me actually... I'm no Potter expert at all, so I definitely take your words, but Potter seems to be steeped in classic Halloween elements (witches, pumpkins, spiders, cats, potions, etc.). I'm surprised to hear that Christmas is associated with Potter more than Halloween...

I wouldn't be surprised to see special events for both seasons. A christmas themed Hogsmeade with special Holiday street shows would be pretty sweet. I think the most potential lies within Halloween though. Universal already owns October but if they could do a "family friendly" Halloween event at IOA it wouldn't crush Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party but it would definitely be a thorn in there side.

Really?? That surprises me actually... I'm no Potter expert at all, so I definitely take your words, but Potter seems to be steeped in classic Halloween elements (witches, pumpkins, spiders, cats, potions, etc.). I'm surprised to hear that Christmas is associated with Potter more than Halloween...

I'd say they're equally represented in the books, especially the first two, which might actually be more Halloween focused. But the latter books focus more on Christmas time happenings.

On a totally different, but related note, here's what I'd like to see from a DC update.

Cosmetically, much can be changed to fit a better storyline. The castle would be totally remodeled to look like the backside of a stone stadium like the one seen in HP4. Around the flying Anglia, there would be a two way sign pointing to the stadium saying "Champions" and the other pointing into the forest past Hippogriff saying "Spectators". Of course the path only leads to the stadium, because we are the champions. The Champion's Tent would be moved from it's rediculous indoor location to a spot just outside the new stadium.The tent's interior decorations wouldn't change much except that the Goblet of Fire would actually CONTAIN BLUE FIRE. Sheesh.

Once inside the stadium's halls leading to the dragon arena, we pass the Triwizard Cup where the Tent is now. Where the Cup is now, the moving stained glass windows are back! They tell the story of the the Tournament, the first task, and what we have to do. Moving on through the dim halls, we enter an area where some more Triwizard props are on display like a museum. After turning past the water fountain already in place, the magically magnified voice of Mr. Bagman, introducing himself, informs us that two of the dragons, the Fireball and the Horntail, have escaped, and now the Champions' task is to capture them and return them to their cages.

We continue down the winding catacombs where dragon roars are heard and scorch marks and splintered beams line the walls. Dumbledore comes over the magical intercom and gives us some info on the dragons and how to try to capture them. This info is directly related to the maneuvers of the coasters. He then gives us a final good luck and we pass the sign reding "To the Dragons". More ominous sounds and scenery, especially rubble. The sign at the fork has the same dragon illustrations, but now reads, "Choose your mission", or something similar. the loading station now looks like a damp dark cave. The canvas ceiling is still there, and shows the shadows of the dragon darting toward the load areas whenever a train enters the station. Lots of roars and booms. Upon loading, the TMs dressed as dragon handlers warn us of the danger and bid us good luck, rather unmercifully. The trains leave the station at a clip.

Now the ride itself. Well the tracks have been repainted bloodred and gray-brown, with a grimy and occasionally charred texture. the supports are still light gray but with the same texture in places. Rockwork has been added to: The bottom of Horntail's drop, the lead into the cobra roll, at Horntail's brakerun, the lead into Fireball's airtime hill, the end of the wraparound immelmann, the lead into Fireball's breakerun after it's final corkscrew. Fire shots are added to the dueling loops, the lead into Fireball's brakes, and the bottom of Hortail's drop. The fire shots are timed so that they go off as the train passes. The shots coming from each side are shaped to fit each dragon respectively.

Finally, the escaped dragon story is continued through the ride via onboard audio imbedded in tthe brand new trains with skins that actually look like the dragons from the films. The audio is Bagman giving commentary like "Get out there and honor your school!", "You've caught hold of your dragon, now bring it back in!" at the top of the lift, things like "Whoa that was a close call!", "It's trying to shake you of hold on!", and "That beast nearly burned down the villiage it got so close!" during the ride. At the end, the brakeruns are surrounded by a cage and Bagman congratulates us on a job well done, if not with a few burns along the way.

Exiting, in the stadium, Dumbledore tells us we've earned full marks in the task and awards for special services to the school, along with raucous applause. On the path back to Hogsmeade, we see Rita Skeeter articles telling the whole story in her twisted point of view and TMs dressed at villiagers thanking us for saving the town.

Of course this is all my imagination and I don't expect any of it to come to fruitation. We can only hope. It's also a very rough layout of what a decent expansion could be. I'm sure some of you could add to my ideas, and if you want to I'd appreciate it! Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Helena123
Was just coming here to ask the same thing. Sister will be taking the kids out this morning. I'll post later what the crowds were like for them.

Crowds yesterday were a breeze! No lines for stores (that's a first for us during the day!) and had room to walk around and get a good look at new items. Got into 3 Broomsticks before the lunch crowd. There are three new banners for Cedric Diggory in the line for DC! 5 min wait for DC, 10 min wait for FoH, 20-30 min for FJ. Ollivanders still had it's usual long line so we skipped it. Decided we'd all do Ollivander's during the cooler months. Pygmy Puffs were back along with puppet Hedwig.

They should have a big Christmas feast in the Three Broomsticks on Christmas morning...like they do at Hogwarts in the books! My family and I are trying to figure out where we should eat breakfast on Christmas morning...we have never been to Uni for Christmas, are the park restaurants usually open?

Yea the parks are fully operational, but when it comes to breakfast it just depends. I'm not sure if they have a special xmas breakfast that morning or not.

I'd say they're equally represented in the books, especially the first two, which might actually be more Halloween focused. But the latter books focus more on Christmas time happenings.

On a totally different, but related note, here's what I'd like to see from a DC update.

Cosmetically, much can be changed to fit a better storyline. The castle would be totally remodeled to look like the backside of a stone stadium like the one seen in HP4. Around the flying Anglia, there would be a two way sign pointing to the stadium saying "Champions" and the other pointing into the forest past Hippogriff saying "Spectators". Of course the path only leads to the stadium, because we are the champions. The Champion's Tent would be moved from it's rediculous indoor location to a spot just outside the new stadium.The tent's interior decorations wouldn't change much except that the Goblet of Fire would actually CONTAIN BLUE FIRE. Sheesh.

Once inside the stadium's halls leading to the dragon arena, we pass the Triwizard Cup where the Tent is now. Where the Cup is now, the moving stained glass windows are back! They tell the story of the the Tournament, the first task, and what we have to do. Moving on through the dim halls, we enter an area where some more Triwizard props are on display like a museum. After turning past the water fountain already in place, the magically magnified voice of Mr. Bagman, introducing himself, informs us that two of the dragons, the Fireball and the Horntail, have escaped, and now the Champions' task is to capture them and return them to their cages.

We continue down the winding catacombs where dragon roars are heard and scorch marks and splintered beams line the walls. Dumbledore comes over the magical intercom and gives us some info on the dragons and how to try to capture them. This info is directly related to the maneuvers of the coasters. He then gives us a final good luck and we pass the sign reding "To the Dragons". More ominous sounds and scenery, especially rubble. The sign at the fork has the same dragon illustrations, but now reads, "Choose your mission", or something similar. the loading station now looks like a damp dark cave. The canvas ceiling is still there, and shows the shadows of the dragon darting toward the load areas whenever a train enters the station. Lots of roars and booms. Upon loading, the TMs dressed as dragon handlers warn us of the danger and bid us good luck, rather unmercifully. The trains leave the station at a clip.

Now the ride itself. Well the tracks have been repainted bloodred and gray-brown, with a grimy and occasionally charred texture. the supports are still light gray but with the same texture in places. Rockwork has been added to: The bottom of Horntail's drop, the lead into the cobra roll, at Horntail's brakerun, the lead into Fireball's airtime hill, the end of the wraparound immelmann, the lead into Fireball's breakerun after it's final corkscrew. Fire shots are added to the dueling loops, the lead into Fireball's brakes, and the bottom of Hortail's drop. The fire shots are timed so that they go off as the train passes. The shots coming from each side are shaped to fit each dragon respectively.

Finally, the escaped dragon story is continued through the ride via onboard audio imbedded in tthe brand new trains with skins that actually look like the dragons from the films. The audio is Bagman giving commentary like "Get out there and honor your school!", "You've caught hold of your dragon, now bring it back in!" at the top of the lift, things like "Whoa that was a close call!", "It's trying to shake you of hold on!", and "That beast nearly burned down the villiage it got so close!" during the ride. At the end, the brakeruns are surrounded by a cage and Bagman congratulates us on a job well done, if not with a few burns along the way.

Exiting, in the stadium, Dumbledore tells us we've earned full marks in the task and awards for special services to the school, along with raucous applause. On the path back to Hogsmeade, we see Rita Skeeter articles telling the whole story in her twisted point of view and TMs dressed at villiagers thanking us for saving the town.

Of course this is all my imagination and I don't expect any of it to come to fruitation. We can only hope. It's also a very rough layout of what a decent expansion could be. I'm sure some of you could add to my ideas, and if you want to I'd appreciate it! Thanks for reading.

They repainted DC?

Well, as a sort of reentry into these forums, I'm so glad to be back! So many things have happened, none for the best, but nevertheless, I'm here, and I just feel so back in tune with life.

My review, which finalized into a beautiful nine-pager in Word, Arial 11 font, ended up being deleted after certain events took place, as well as many other things, which is why I had to leave. You can take the word 'leave' literally, too. As for another one, I'm in the process of typing it out, and it's really just a melodramatic, "OMG IT WAS AMAZING," with overused adjectives. English really has very limited adjectives, I've found out after writing the first review, haha.

Okay, so, first thing's first, are there any changes that have been added to the Wizarding World? I haven't been since July, and it pains me too much. But soon, I'm going, and soon, I will restore my happiness, lol.

Also, I just read your wish list for DC, Mantaguy. I'm blown away at how similar my ideas were to yours! Especially the outer facade. You nailed it with that one, lol. I have some ideas that could help yours, and I'd like to add to it and send it back to you soon to kind of perfect the list of changes. Whaddayasay? :3

It's so great to be back. :)

Hey v!ola :) This is actually my first time back here in a while too...just got caught up with a lot of stuff. It's weird how that happens...
Anyways, if there's anything I missed since the end of July, could anyone please enlighten me? Thank you!

--- Update ---

And Mantaguy--good suggestions! I'm not sure exactly what I'd want, but I know they could do something FAR better than what they have now. I love the ride itself, but the theming is sketchy! The first thing that needs to go is Fudge introducing the Quidditch World Cup as you enter the tent *shudder* That makes me laugh and get angry everytime I hear it!

Welcome back V!ola and Rinacee!

To answer your questions, not much has changed in the WWoHP since July. From what I can recall, Cedric banners were added to the DC outdoor queue, lines have drastically died down, pygmy puffs have returned with much more in stock, the online shop website has launched allowing you to purchase WWoHP merchandise online, Butterbeer mugs have returned (not sure if you two were around when they shortly were replaced) and Hog's Head's stools have returned due to the crowds being very low currently.

Glad to have you two back again! :wave:

Welcome back Viola, we thought you died :pound:

But everything Tbad said is on point, nothing new except the biggest things is the rumors of WWoHP taking over LC has gotten a lot more steam lately.

Also, I just read your wish list for DC, Mantaguy. I'm blown away at how similar my ideas were to yours! Especially the outer facade. You nailed it with that one, lol. I have some ideas that could help yours, and I'd like to add to it and send it back to you soon to kind of perfect the list of changes. Whaddayasay? :3

Yeah sure! Maybe we can write up a huge detailed list like your review and send it to UC! :lol:

By the way, how has the line at Ollivander's been lately?

Welcome back V!ola and Rinacee!

To answer your questions, not much has changed in the WWoHP since July. From what I can recall, Cedric banners were added to the DC outdoor queue, lines have drastically died down, pygmy puffs have returned with much more in stock, the online shop website has launched allowing you to purchase WWoHP merchandise online, Butterbeer mugs have returned (not sure if you two were around when they shortly were replaced) and Hog's Head's stools have returned due to the crowds being very low currently.

Glad to have you two back again! :wave:

Thanks for the wrap up! I was here when they got the mugs back :) Very happy about the Pygmy Puffs being only too...if I can't get back by the end of Sept I'll need to order one for my friend's birthday.