The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 748 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
:iagree:
It's SOOOO aggrivating seeing that! I mean, the park's been open for almost a year now, you already have footage from the "Making Of" special, just take some of that and turn it into a 30 second commercial. If I wasn't so busy right now, I'd make one myself!
Oh yeah... Completely forgot about 'making of'! Is it online somewhere? I'd love to watch it before we go.

Just rode yesterday, all effect working to a perfect T, except the only complaint I would have would be that fog screens in the spider scene need to be thicker.
Good to know. Thanks. We'll be there Friday. CANT WAIT! Anything else going on?

If there is one thing I learned from my experiences in school is the phrase "I'm rubber you're glue....etc..." Is so true.

I see some of the idiots from my schools when I was younger and see where they are at in their lives compared to mine and I just laugh :lol:

If there is one thing I learned from my experiences in school is the phrase "I'm rubber you're glue....etc..." Is so true.

That makes one true phrase. Whatever idiot ever came up with the whole "Sticks and stones..." obviously never went through elementary/middle school.

I've been out of high school for almost four years now, but pretty much everybody was at least somewhat interested in Harry Potter. I mean, if someone had worn a cloak and carried a wand to school, then they probably would have gotten some strange looks. But I think that after the the later novels came out and were more gritty, legitimate literature, most people stopped making fun. And most people I think have a decent respect for the films as well written, well acted, well shot, and entertaining even if they are not fans, per se.

In college, it's pretty much the same. The English Department even offers entire courses dedicated to studying the series. It's funny to see the box-set of Harry Potter in the bookstore among all the other textbooks.

TSSD thanks so much. I'm going to watch it tomorrow.

Turns out we have to move our trip but only 2 days. I had fri/sat/sun off... Fri for wwohp, sat for a parade I'm in, and sun is a regular day off. But of course yesterday I got sick. I actually had to call off today. And now husband is sick too. He had fri/sat off. Looked like we were going to have to cancel. But it turns out he got sun/mon off for next week. Yaay! So we can all recoup Friday, parade Saturday, and wwohp on Sunday. He needs the next day off since he goes in at 3am usually.

Felix Felicis! We still get to go! :)

Oh, you guys, I'm not sure if anyone ever posted the spell that Hermione uses on the acromantulas. It's Arania Exumai, used by Harry in Chamber of Secrets. I guess that's why there are flashes in the Forbidden Forest scene due to the fact that the spell is just a beam of light.

I am seeing on my twitter @FlAllDay says 75 min wait for WWoHP today.
Has anyone experienced these waits to enter lately? I thought they were only during the opening and that had died down now.
Is it happening regularly again? Is there a way to circumvent it?

A friend who went during the summer experienced this wait and the entry point was JP. I REALLY want o enter from LC (for obvious reasons). Anyone know if theres a set entry point?

So my plan is to be one of the first people in line and hightail it right to WWoHP. Can anyone help me calculate how soon I should be there?
I havent been so I dont remember how long it takes to get from parking to the gate. Also I recently purchased APs so I need to go and pick them up (somewhere?)
When we redeemed out Disney VoluntEAR passes that took almost an hour, but then we didnt get there right at park opening.
I was planning on leaving here at 5, getting there at 8. That should leave us an hour to park and pick up our passes, given that the passes window is open earlier than 9. Otherwise we'll be there maybe half an hour early to line up.
Anyone think I should go earlier?

--- Update ---

UPDATE: @Orlando_United already answered my JP/LC entry question. Fast as lightning on Ye Olde Twitter. Is it you, briman?

Anyway I would still love any suggestions for my entry tomorrow. Or anyone who has any other suggestions, cant-missis, or easter eggs for me to look for. We are going to spend the bulk of the day in WWoHP, ride the Hulk, and maybe head over to Uni for Jaws. (We might squeeze in Simpsons and HRRR, but I'm still thinking about aybe making Uni a separate day altogether and just sticking to IoA.)

And since I am full of questions, I might as well ask what the deal is for Mardi Gras. I know Pref APs have some seating area. Do I have to get there early? Is the parade before or after KC and the Sunshine band? Id like to see the parade but not really the show. Any seasoned APers have any Mardi Gras tips for us? I dont know if we want to do it if itll cut into park time... but then, we have APS so really we can come back to the park anytime, Mardi Gras is only a few weekends.

I just gotta say, I love you guys. I'm always talking about OU when I'm talking WWoHP with people. This is the place for the scoop and everyone is so friendly.
I'll be tweeting from the park tomorrow. It's all old news but its all new to me. And I dont have a fancy phone so it'll all be super ****ty quality pics via twitpic. LOL
@deviantbird if you'd like to follow. Live tweet updates start at 5am. (its a 3h drive up)

I am seeing on my twitter @FlAllDay says 75 min wait for WWoHP today.
Has anyone experienced these waits to enter lately? I thought they were only during the opening and that had died down now.
Is it happening regularly again? Is there a way to circumvent it?

A friend who went during the summer experienced this wait and the entry point was JP. I REALLY want o enter from LC (for obvious reasons). Anyone know if theres a set entry point?

So my plan is to be one of the first people in line and hightail it right to WWoHP. Can anyone help me calculate how soon I should be there?
I havent been so I dont remember how long it takes to get from parking to the gate. Also I recently purchased APs so I need to go and pick them up (somewhere?)
When we redeemed out Disney VoluntEAR passes that took almost an hour, but then we didnt get there right at park opening.
I was planning on leaving here at 5, getting there at 8. That should leave us an hour to park and pick up our passes, given that the passes window is open earlier than 9. Otherwise we'll be there maybe half an hour early to line up.
Anyone think I should go earlier?

There is indeed a wait to enter the island this weekend due to the fact that it is President's Day Weekend. The waits into the island are still occurring, but only during busy times (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Winter Break, etc). When there is a wait, the line has only been going through the JP side thus far.

As for when to arrive, the park opens at 9 AM. Parking generally takes around 5-10 minutes and the walk from CityWalk to the gates takes anywhere from 2-5 minutes. If you're planning on arriving at 8 you should be perfectly fine. :thumbs:

EDIT: The OU Twitter reply was from me. :lol:

Hey quick question, I'm going to uni in late April (I dont think on a holiday or holiday weekend) what do you guys think the lines will be for Harry?
It depends when in late April you're going. Mardi Gras always draws large crowds and that doesn't end until April 23rd. If it's before or on April 23rd, look for fairly heavy crowds.

I'm planning on heading down for the day on Monday do you think the wait for the WWOHP will be better or worse than today?
There will still be crowds, but not like the ones going on this today and tommorow. Mardi Gras is going on this weekend which draws fairy heavy crowds as well as the fact that it is President's Day Weekend. Orlando (at least most of them) schools have Monday off though, which should draw fairly decent sized crowds as well.

Dont forget April 24th is Easter Sunday and the last week of spring breaks is the 17th - 24th.