The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 787 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was there back in August and the only Harry Potter related poster I remember in that area was for the Harry Potter Exhibition. I'm not too sure that this is the one you're talking about though.

Well, it is still there right this moment... so not sure if it would still be up. Is the exhibition still there?

Apparently, it closed back in September. :shrug: Interesting.

EDIT: Is this the poster you're talking about: http://jenbowles.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c4e0553ef015393b334ad970b-500wi

If so, that's right outside of the NBC Experience Store/NBC Studio Tour entrance of 30 Rock, if I recall correctly.

That's it! I could never see the bottom from the studio cams on the other side of the street. Thanks!
PS, did you search and find that or is that a personal picture?

That's it! I could never see the bottom from the studio cams on the other side of the street. Thanks!
PS, did you search and find that or is that a personal picture?

No problem! I had to search to find that picture. Sadly, the only pictures I took of 30 Rock were from the the top floor observatory.

Ok, a retro post as I cannot recall if I asked this back at opening. When you encounter (overstatement) the whomping willow, has anyone ever felt a punch of air hit them? The three times I have ridden have been seated on the far right and felt nothing. So, anyone?

All times I've ridden, yes. Which are a lot. I normally sit on the far right, too, since I'm usually in single riders and the standby guests claim the first three seats. Although I wouldn't call it a punch. When the largest branch hits you, there is a poof of air that hits you, accompanied with the omnipresent sound of compressed air.

Ok, a retro post as I cannot recall if I asked this back at opening. When you encounter (overstatement) the whomping willow, has anyone ever felt a punch of air hit them? The three times I have ridden have been seated on the far right and felt nothing. So, anyone?

I've always felt it, as far as I remember.

All times I've ridden, yes. Which are a lot. I normally sit on the far right, too, since I'm usually in single riders and the standby guests claim the first three seats. Although I wouldn't call it a punch. When the largest branch hits you, there is a poof of air that hits you, accompanied with the omnipresent sound of compressed air.

Wow, I am so surprised to hear that I missed it. I guess I expected more than a poof. Ok, so has anyone ever noticed the large themed prop that is crushed at the base of the tree. When I rode, it was if the designers couldn't get you out of the scene fast enough as there isn't much to see.

I thought I saw something at the bottom of the tree, I couldn't tell what it was. I've been on FJ so many times I've gotten to the point where instead of focusing on the attraction, I look all around me and in all the nooks and crannies to find stuff I've never noticed. I really wanna see that crushed bench I've never heard of :mad:

I thought I saw something at the bottom of the tree, I couldn't tell what it was. I've been on FJ so many times I've gotten to the point where instead of focusing on the attraction, I look all around me and in all the nooks and crannies to find stuff I've never noticed. I really wanna see that crushed bench I've never heard of :mad:

My savior. I knew it had to be nearly impossible for people to see let alone see the womp, feel the blast of air and see the crushed bench. It was supposed to be lit much more brightly... that is why... wait for it, wait for it... The whomping willow scene is in its own room, a huge cylindrical tower with two slots for the vehicles. Some of you may recall the drywall pictures posted a long time ago of very tall curved walls having sheetrock applied.

My savior. I knew it had to be nearly impossible for people to see let alone see the womp, feel the blast of air and see the crushed bench. It was supposed to be lit much more brightly... that is why... wait for it, wait for it... The whomping willow scene is in its own room, a huge cylindrical tower with two slots for the vehicles. Some of you may recall the drywall pictures posted a long time ago of very tall curved walls having sheetrock applied.

Would you mind sharing what exactly was SUPPOSED to happen in the Whomping Willow sequence? I can see the bench if I'm looking for it, but it never pops out to me. I always thought the moment where you're staring at the roof is... I don't know, bare. There's no kinetics to the scene. Only one moving branch feels weird.

I have a certain crane of my own that informs me that your bench was supposed to leave a cavernous-looking area to spend around half a minute avoiding this beast of a tree's triumvirate of branches.

And the bench is below the main mise-en-scene of the Willow. Amongst some trees. I just wish there was a transitional screen between the knockout scene and the sudden entry into the Quidditch match to avoid that moment where you stare at the ceiling if your eyes are well adjusted.

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing what exactly was SUPPOSED to happen in the Whomping Willow sequence? I can see the bench if I'm looking for it, but it never pops out to me. I always thought the moment where you're staring at the roof is... I don't know, bare. There's no kinetics to the scene. Only one moving branch feels weird.

I can only imagine what they intended based on 'what I know'. The sky should have been present although dusk/stormy like, silhouettes of surrounding trees, many of them, should have been apparent. First out of the hole you should have seen the crushed bench pointing down and aimed at it and then like a movie the vehicle would have raised you on your back to see the silhouette of the tree with the nearest limbs more lit as two struck down at you one after the other. The tree as a whole would have been very massive and 40 feet tall with many womping style limbs. The scene should have hit more of us as the climax earth scene of Spaceship Earth; huge space, dusk with stars... but an animated monster tree in the middle.

I hope that I did the designers and engineers at UC justice with what they intended and hoped for. I must be somewhat close.

I doubt it's too late to rid the ride of any cinematic enhancements for the future. There is a required update. Oh, the things I would do with that attraction... (that would cost quite a beautiful penny)

I doubt it's too late to rid the ride of any cinematic enhancements for the future. There is a required update. Oh, the things I would do with that attraction... (that would cost quite a beautiful penny)

I believe that like a great and classic piece of modern film... it will be updated at major expense now that the park has truly justified itself. I have even had a sliver of a hint from a tall grey bird that it will happen. I asked, based on the fact that someone here said that stuff was changing on the ride already.

Well, the altered paint and extra Dementor are nice bonuses. I look forward to any future improvements! Right now, the only lacking moments are the Forest following Aragog's appearance and the first few seconds of the Willow (before you view the KUKA limb).

Hi guys! It's been over a year since I posted here but I am glad to be back. Especially with talk of expansion and all. I'm sure its been discussed and sorry for not going through all the pages but I did a search and couldn't find it. Is there really purple pygmy puffs at Zonko's now? I have seen some online and just didn't want to be scammed.

Hi guys! It's been over a year since I posted here but I am glad to be back. Especially with talk of expansion and all. I'm sure its been discussed and sorry for not going through all the pages but I did a search and couldn't find it. Is there really purple pygmy puffs at Zonko's now? I have seen some online and just didn't want to be scammed.

yep they are real