The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 806 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The original concept art is hideous. Thankfully they didn't go that route.

And a time when the tables were turned... Universal was soooo dispirited, no approved budget. Showing my ignorance, I must say that Woodbury and Trowbridge were brilliant in going big and selling the deal and getting the bucks. My ignorance was not valuing Woodbury's showmanship, especially after Trowbridge left the company in the middle of it all.

Wonder what kind of projects Trowbridge has been working on? If anything?

Well damn, water fountains.... Moving on

more interesting things are about to start happening at the other end of Hogsmeade anyway. No big deal :)

- - - Updated - - -

And a time when the tables were turned... Universal was soooo dispirited, no approved budget. Showing my ignorance, I must say that Woodbury and Trowbridge were brilliant in going big and selling the deal and getting the bucks. My ignorance was not valuing Woodbury's showmanship, especially after Trowbridge left the company in the middle of it all.

Woodbury comes across pretty well to me. He represents the brand well. Even back in the IoA preview vids when he was very green, he was very likable and intriguing. Glad to see him succeeding.

Good point... he has, for lack of better words, faded into the woodwork that is the Walt Disney Company. Or he is really big and popular in the WDC... I wouldn't really know because I ain't looking.

Hopefully for his sake he is on Disneyland's 3rd gate or Shanghai or Disneyland Brazil. If he is stuck in WDW development hell, that's what he gets for defecting:-X

Good point... he has, for lack of better words, faded into the woodwork that is the Walt Disney Company. Or he is really big and popular in the WDC... I wouldn't really know because I ain't looking.

Wonder if he is kicking himself for leaving? Would of been second to Woodbury I would imagine if he stayed.

Also, the same company is working on pump in some water feature in Jurassic Park.

That 'water feature' is nothing more than the pump that'll be used to control the new water fountains going in to the exterior queue. They're just adding a new pump and a path for any maintenance needs. It's going behind the "water gardens" area across from the discovery center:

rlxjib.jpg

Was discussed in the other thread but I decided it was more appropriate here. This is a very quick partial redraw of parts of the first floor queue and the two 'secret' unused spaces behind the walls.

lwr-rdrw.png

I've never had any plans of the FJ building (just an early concept of the layout), but I always KNEW those areas were empty! And yes, those areas can definitely come in handy if they're largely unused (think Snape's classroom for more queue space!).

Was discussed in the other thread but I decided it was more appropriate here. This is a very quick partial redraw of parts of the first floor queue and the two 'secret' unused spaces behind the walls.

lwr-rdrw.png
Wow. Very interesting that they didn't just make a big, winding dungeon queue.

I don't believe 107 is fully enclosed. I think it is a giant open space under the Castle Court yard. You can walk back there and look up through the courtyard.

I don't believe 107 is fully enclosed. I think it is a giant open space under the Castle Court yard. You can walk back there and look up through the courtyard.

I have both upstairs and downstairs and I superimposed them. It is directly under the Dark Arts classroom which is right under part of the great hall. Somewhere in the vicinity of that area where you can look up into the courtyard are double doors. They are between those large concrete rails that some speculated as elevator shafts way way back before the cliffs were built. Anyway... the entire 107 is enclosed with concrete walls and doors.

Last edited:
I would love to see the Great Hall mentioned in the other thread... Also I have to say getting Alan Rickman for some extended dungeon que would be lovely. If I remember correctly (I only get to go to Orlando once a year, if that) Snape doesn't appear at all anywhere. Which is extremely depressing for me as he was, in my opinion, the best character in the series.

Well, his office door is there, albeit relatively hidden, and that's the only bona fide reference to him.

That actually really saddened me when I saw that he only got a door for reference. I was excited to see it, but still upset that it was all he got.

Although, I do see why they chose Defense Against the Dark Arts instead. Much more interesting detail to look at.

That actually really saddened me when I saw that he only got a door for reference. I was excited to see it, but still upset that it was all he got.

Although, I do see why they chose Defense Against the Dark Arts instead. Much more interesting detail to look at.

If 108 and 107 are really empty and located in the dungeons, I think the real answer for not having a proper queue/potions room down there is that they ran out of money.