The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 809 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't know specifics of the dementor photo part other than that it is tied in to the on ride photos. I've only once ridden and it worked correctly. Usually it shows the car immediately ahead or behind. They also have a fall back to just projecting 4 skulls. I'd love it to work right since it is pretty cool.

Only once? That sucks for you man. Been on it a lot and it's works 75-80 percent of the time.

Only once? That sucks for you man. Been on it a lot and it's works 75-80 percent of the time.

Well if you're like me you rode it a lot at once. So if it isn't working right that day that is a bunch of times where it doesn't work or is on the substitution skulls. Maybe I have bad luck at picking when I ride. Rode today and got stuck quite a few times.

Well if you're like me you rode it a lot at once. So if it isn't working right that day that is a bunch of times where it doesn't work or is on the substitution skulls. Maybe I have bad luck at picking when I ride. Rode today and got stuck quite a few times.

The skulls are all I've ever seen sadly… Living so far away I have to ride it a lot at once because I'm only there for three days a year

First off, thank you frenzy, for enlightening us! :rep:

And actually, I too have only seen the effect work properly once, in the over thirty or forty rides I've had since December 2010. And that was actually this June, I think.

Yeah, I dont know anything about how the systems talk. I hope that they can get whatever software tuned right. I have a strange hunch that it might get off sync if the ride gets stuck. I rode twice in a row today and got stuck probably 4 times in the screens.

Yeah, I dont know anything about how the systems talk. I hope that they can get whatever software tuned right. I have a strange hunch that it might get off sync if the ride gets stuck. I rode twice in a row today and got stuck probably 4 times in the screens.

With FJ's track record, I think this theory is plausible. I remember getting stuck three times on one ride, which ended with nothing but skulls at the dementor effect.

Can someone explain to me the skulls vs. the dementor effect? I've been on this ride several times and am now confused as to what I have or have not seen :shrug:

Can someone explain to me the skulls vs. the dementor effect? I've been on this ride several times and am now confused as to what I have or have not seen :shrug:

I was too. It's not always on. The last Dementor with the 'flashlight' in the mouth, when you pull away and Harry screams "LEAVE THEM ALONE!" there is a fog screen above that, if working, displays the faces of those riding. For me, it always out of sync, or skulls, or when I first rode, nothing at all.

How often does the ride actually stop in its tracks now? Or does it just fail but the vehicles continue to move pointing forward. I can see where it might be difficult to reset the logic if they stop and perhaps even if they don't. I will bet you all that one person on this site knows the most common reason the ride fails and needs to be reset. I hope he/she tells me what it is. (i know the gender of whom I speak, just don't want to give it away) I just never thought to ask.

How often does the ride actually stop in its tracks now? Or does it just fail but the vehicles continue to move pointing forward. I can see where it might be difficult to reset the logic if they stop and perhaps even if they don't. I will bet you all that one person on this site knows the most common reason the ride fails and needs to be reset. I hope he/she tells me what it is. (i know the gender of whom I speak, just don't want to give it away) I just never thought to ask.

The MOST common reason the ride stops is because a ride vehicle or the moving belt need to be cleaned up...

I was too. It's not always on. The last Dementor with the 'flashlight' in the mouth, when you pull away and Harry screams "LEAVE THEM ALONE!" there is a fog screen above that, if working, displays the faces of those riding. For me, it always out of sync, or skulls, or when I first rode, nothing at all.

Oh wow, I'm fairly certain I've never seen that even though I've been on it around 20 times now. It sounds cool though :smiley: Thanks for letting me know :wave:

^ Oh sorry. I was thinking, "poor Matpez, for some reason he thinks the ride vehicles are towed around on a belt...". If you had said moving walkway I would have been right there with ya. Guess my abstract thinking is broken.

How are they going to do? They already have a shop called Ollivanders in Hogsmeade area. When originally it should be located in Diagon Alley. :shrug:

They will have to make changes in Hogsmeade also to keep the degree of immersion, I Think!

Ollivanders in Hogsmeade
hogsmeade.jpg

draft_lens18663264module154015928photo_1323729439ollivanderwandshop.jpg

Ollivanders in Diagon Alley
tumblr_m6wvj6nHE71qfk1zlo1_500.jpg

harrypotterstudiosvisit.jpg

I am not sure that anyone has that level of engineering plans. Reel might have an idea from his friend Lee that had one level of plans. Perhaps he has the "overall site" or "show elements" plans. Believe me, there are probably 20 different plans of the exact same area containing different info.

I am not sure that anyone has that level of engineering plans. Reel might have an idea from his friend Lee that had one level of plans. Perhaps he has the "overall site" or "show elements" plans. Believe me, there are probably 20 different plans of the exact same area containing different info.

I think on his plans, the buildings were labeled with numbers only.